Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-Qt / bitcoind version 0.8.6 released - page 4. (Read 34132 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
one negative issue with Bitcoin-Qt v0.8.6 client, it takes more than 8 hours to sync the client with network on 120Mb/s connection, slightly very long process, I think the reason behind the data is based one server instead of several geo locations.
Activity: 26
When 64 bit version will be out?? Should i download the new version asap, am i in risk by not doing it?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
全球O2O消费商
tks
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Haha! That was seamless. I'm an idiot for never updating!
Ok, This is embarrassing to ask but since I'm not seeing anyone else ask I'm just gonna. I'm afraid that if I upgrade I will lose my wallet addresses. That's why I've never upgraded Bitcoin-QT, I'm still running version 0.8.3. Am I just being unreasonable, or should I back up first? I've got a Mac.

Lol no

But you better be encrypted and backed up anyway. You really need to be updated. Policies change. And an older one almost forked us.

Thanks! Gonna update now. I'd hate to get forked! I'm encrypted and backed up, but I've added addresses since the backup. I just backed up again.
Answered my own question I think: wallet.dat is in the users/library/... folder so it won't be affected by the drag and drop of Bitcoin-QT.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Ok, This is embarrassing to ask but since I'm not seeing anyone else ask I'm just gonna. I'm afraid that if I upgrade I will lose my wallet addresses. That's why I've never upgraded Bitcoin-QT, I'm still running version 0.8.3. Am I just being unreasonable, or should I back up first? I've got a Mac.

Lol no

But you better be encrypted and backed up anyway. You really need to be updated. Policies change. And an older one almost forked us.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Opened incident on github, included entire Mac "Problem Report for Bitcoin-QT". Is there any additional info I might provide to the devs?

In the meantime, what can I try to restore operation?
You will want to be using the latest version on OSX, it resolves several problems on that platform.

Try restarting the new client with the rebuild database index option and let it process, by running this command from the terminal:

Code:
$ open /Applications/Bitcoin-Qt.app --args -reindex

Did it. Fixed it. Thanks.
legendary
Hows everyone liking Version 0.8.6?

Love it.
Activity: 42
Hows everyone liking Version 0.8.6?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Opened incident on github, included entire Mac "Problem Report for Bitcoin-QT". Is there any additional info I might provide to the devs?

You will want to be using the latest version on OSX, it resolves several problems on that platform.

Try restarting the new client with the rebuild database index option and let it process, by running this command from the terminal:

Code:
$ open /Applications/Bitcoin-Qt.app --args -reindex
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Upgraded from working 0.8.5 on OS X 10.7.5. on MacBook Pro 8.3.
New 0.8.6 crashes upon init - first and every time.
Downgrade back to 0.8.5 now has same failure upon init:

Code:
Assertion failed: (pfork != NULL), function SetBestChain, file src/main.cpp, line 1759.

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Bah, I forgot to code-sign the Windows .exe. Expect an updated .exe and SHASUMS soon.

...You know better, and that's just down-right fishy. With your position in this community, that is just inappropriate and unacceptable.

Yay to speak freely Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Somewhat related:  The bitcoin blockchain torrent was just updated: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-blockchain-data-torrent-145386

New users may find that valuable.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
I see people using .9 Huh
That must be 0.8.99, which is the current master (on release, it will be 0.9).
legendary
I see people using .9 Huh
Thank you very much to tell us about the release of new version. I will definitely try the new version as I was already facing few problems. I hope this update will finally solve the bugs that were becoming a headache for me. Please keep on sharing such news with us we shall appreciate it 
Activity: 11
December 31, 2013, 08:47:32 AM
How big the size of synchronization purse?
December 29, 2013, 05:31:07 AM
wumpus thanks for sharing a vital information with us. I was desperately waiting for these fixes finally It’s been fixed by new upgrades. Great, I shall soon check these updates. Keep on sharing such important news with your fellows on this forum. Thanks ones again
Pages:
Jump to: