Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Randomizer, just a stupid pyramid scheme - page 2. (Read 55560 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Any updates? BitLex, can you please tell us about future of this program?
Activity: 536
Merit: 500
He was last active  on July 13, 2011, 07:03:24 am, perhaps he is just on vacation and wil respond once he is back or has resolved it.

Hah, somehow I seriously doubt it. Let's face it: This was just another scam, either the hacking was faked and planned all along, or it was real and he decided to shit all over us because he was too lazy to get the site back up running.

Oh well, I only lost 1 BTC. Not the end of the world. Let's move on.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
He was last active  on July 13, 2011, 07:03:24 am, perhaps he is just on vacation and wil respond once he is back or has resolved it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
firstbits: 121vnq
yeah strange that BitLex up and disappeared. s/he was really trustworthy on SL and elsewhere.....
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
this one is trying to fill its shoes

I miss the advertising link option though.  BTC bubble was fun while it lasted too.

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/169
Activity: 518
Still would like this to come back to life. I think many would be interested in a more detailed report of what happened, or at least some sign that this thread is being read by BitLex.

(And no, I'm not going to spam my referral link for the new pyramid. You have to look in my signature for that...  Grin)
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
His last post is one months old. Probably he made off with all our precious coins never having to work again.  Grin
Activity: 42
I didn't lose coins, actually IIRC I spent 1ß and I got 1.25ß, much unlike Bitcoin Toss by Alex Beckenham, that did prove to be a disgusting scam.

So no anger here, I'm just eager to continue the experiment.
Same here.  I was just this close to breaking even.  I also have several pending (some of which would not commit to the 1BTC)  but I am interested in watching it continue just for kicks.  I don't really anticipate retiring on this plan or anything
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
so what the heck is going on? bitlex? statement?
Activity: 288
Merit: 263
Firstbits.com/1davux
I didn't lose coins, actually IIRC I spent 1ß and I got 1.25ß, much unlike Bitcoin Toss by Alex Beckenham, that did prove to be a disgusting scam.

So no anger here, I'm just eager to continue the experiment.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
This thing is nothing new. Quite a few years a go there were many of these sites using cash (obviously) and it worked the same way. The only time you generate a lot of payments is when it is small. The only person who makes a ton with this is the admin. They get a payment every time. If you guys feel like throwing away your bitcoins feel free to throw some my way  Wink
Activity: 288
Merit: 263
Firstbits.com/1davux
Any news? The site still says it's "under attack".

I have 4 pending at lvl1 and 1 pending at lvl3, I want to get them, haha.

Seriously though: please tell us what's going on.
Activity: 237
An apology and an explanation would be the correct course of action.

This should tarnish his reputation, not be forgotten. Harsh but Fair.
Excellent point.  I wouldn't mind a refund of the .6 btc I am down on the project.  However, I was simply defending the allegation that bitex was intentionally defrauding or "scamming" the general public.  Sure, he has an obligation to contact us and let us know his intent for working this out.  But that's entirely different from a scam... just sayin'
Activity: 536
Merit: 500
It's quite unfair to call something that got hacked a scam.  I think that word implies intent to mislead.  I don't really think that was the case here.  I think his site was attacked, then Gox was attacked, then everyone got really nervous about all things bitcoin, and this project is just not that important to him.

When he started the project he made an obligation to the users. Just walking away from a project hundreds of people have invested in, without even a public statement or partial refund, is practically stealing. Being hacked is not an excuse, he had the responsibility to foresee and prevent it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
It's quite unfair to call something that got hacked a scam.  I think that word implies intent to mislead.  I don't really think that was the case here.  I think his site was attacked, then Gox was attacked, then everyone got really nervous about all things bitcoin, and this project is just not that important to him.
Is there even any evidence of this supposed hacking, though? It could all be faked.
It's quite unfair to call something that got hacked a scam.  I think that word implies intent to mislead.  I don't really think that was the case here.  I think his site was attacked, then Gox was attacked, then everyone got really nervous about all things bitcoin, and this project is just not that important to him.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
Me too... Angry

Seems like BitLex has no intention to do anything about the game...

Should we call this a scam?
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
Still waiting on more info about this.
Activity: 518
Maybe someone could set up another one if Bitlex feels like sharing the code with someone who has the time and knowledge to run it (and to deal with security matters)?

A version with a lower buy-in wouldn't be too bad, for example.
Pages:
Jump to: