Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin sites leaked :( - Big bitcoin members emails database - page 4. (Read 8159 times)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
My email address has been available for years via MtGox, lol.

re: changing PW, I haven't changed some passwords in years... but then I use different password for every location

aha,

17030,Darkhosis,[email protected],$1$TYhI6vSw$9e15nmZd0xlCrVAwR8aqj1
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
Well, you can change receiving address but then user would get email about that. Only way it could work is if rhat mail went to spam folder. Also problem is that users have same passwords for many sites, so somebody could hack much more things then just freebitco.in account.
The bitcoin stored on sites like freebitco.in are likely little to none and it would likely not even be worth it to attempt to steal funds from these accounts. There may be a very small number of accounts that have something "writing home about" but the overall take would be very little.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Screw passwords, why can't we use our keys to log in yet?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Soooo is it a legit hack, or someone trying to spread virus using a false hack cleam?

I don't open archives like that. In fact I don't even visited the addres cause the pastebin site is a bitch and keeps giving me unsolvable captchas.

unhappy its legit Sad
legendary
Activity: 1120
Soooo is it a legit hack, or someone trying to spread virus using a false hack cleam?

I don't open archives like that. In fact I don't even visited the addres cause the pastebin site is a bitch and keeps giving me unsolvable captchas.
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
guys get your head out of the sand..

simple solution is to change your password regularly and then it wont matter if someone has your md5 hash. if you are worried about it more because you use the same email and password for all sites. CHANGE THEM ALL

even to me its more likely that "aurum" owns the aururacoin forum and give away sites and and has dumped his databases as the free 'tempter' to try getting people to hand him funds.

so just change your passwords regularly and dont use the same password on every site, as standard security procedure. and move on with your lives

Lol you are crazy? the auroracoin owner is there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annaur-auroracoin-a-cryptocurrency-for-iceland-446062 in the hacker database its show the admin email as [email protected] the same username of this post, so you can know i am dont the owner.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
http://pastebin.com/KaWsDgdq

Bitcoin.de are on him pack. That sucks.

Are we need to always make new password? Smiley

Yes, because in most cases today passwords are not hashed in the database. Companies do not take security seriously - that's why hacking pays off.

I agree, there is no excuse for not hashing passwords. It's really easy to do.

Here's some free PHP code for anyone who wants to hash passwords. This is not the best way to do it in the newer versions of PHP but I'm stuck with 5.4.

Code:

/*
* Copyright 2014 Jayson Strickland. 
* The right to use, modify and distribute this code is hereby granted provided this notice is left in tact.
* You may not claim authorship, but aside from this notice, no attribution is required if this code is used 
* as part of a larger program.
*/

class Hash 
{
function hash_password($password$cost$salt null)
{
// define result array
$result = array();

if ($salt == null)
{
    // generate a new salt
    $result['salt'] = substr(hash('sha256'uniqid(''true) . mt_rand(0mt_getrandmax())), 032);
    $salt $result['salt'];
}

// create an initial hash
$result['hash'] = hash('whirlpool'$salt $password);

// apply Whirlpool for 1/2 of specified rounds
for ($i 0$i <= ($cost 2) - 1$i++)
{
    $result['hash'] = hash('whirlpool'$salt $result['hash']);
}

// apply sha-256 for 1/2 of specified rounds
for ($i 0$i <= $cost 2$i++)
{
    $result['hash'] = hash('sha512'$salt $result['hash']);
}

// return an array containing the salt and final hash
return $result;
}
}
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
It's one of the basic rule for all the newcomers out there, "CHANGE THE PASSWORD REGULARLY"

I tried to change ALL my passwords at once. It took about 2 weeks.

How many account do you have then? This way it looks like you have over 20k accounts Cheesy

Not that many, about a hundred.
No, there are few hundreds. But definitely less than a thousand :-)

Well anyway it took you quite a time to change every password. I thought you had even more accounts when you did that for 2 weeks Smiley
You know, when every single service invents its own way to change password it takes awhile to change everything )
Activity: 490
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
It's one of the basic rule for all the newcomers out there, "CHANGE THE PASSWORD REGULARLY"

How many account do you have then? This way it looks like you have over 20k accounts Cheesy

Well anyway it took you quite a time to change every password. I thought you had even more accounts when you did that for 2 weeks Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
They might have got their hands on the 3 crap sites, but nearly no way they got access to bitcoin.de (i think)

and also there were no news about a bitcoin.de hack. maybe just scam.

As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
Well, you can change receiving address but then user would get email about that. Only way it could work is if rhat mail went to spam folder. Also problem is that users have same passwords for many sites, so somebody could hack much more things then just freebitco.in account.
legendary
Activity: 1022

Best regards
Oliver

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
http://pastebin.com/KaWsDgdq

Bitcoin.de are on him pack. That sucks.

Are we need to always make new password? Smiley

Yes, we are, with that information
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Thanks for the news.  I think it is good for this to happen so people are aware that they need to take the extra steps to be safe.  Big ups to all of those who are more technologically inclined taking the time to warn others.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
guys get your head out of the sand..

simple solution is to change your password regularly and then it wont matter if someone has your md5 hash. if you are worried about it more because you use the same email and password for all sites. CHANGE THEM ALL

even to me its more likely that "aurum" owns the aururacoin forum and give away sites and and has dumped his databases as the free 'tempter' to try getting people to hand him funds.

so just change your passwords regularly and dont use the same password on every site, as standard security procedure. and move on with your lives
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Best regards
Oliver
Pages:
Jump to: