Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin transactions - Slow OR Fast - page 10. (Read 40387 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
December 17, 2016, 12:43:15 PM
Well we could use third party bitcoin services if you don't want to wait. And it will take some time before bitcoin is used everywhere and for everything.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
December 16, 2016, 10:24:48 PM
In my experience I can say that it's fast in overall, sometimes transactions are delayed but I see it normal since most of the time the network is busy due to huge number of transaction, but still I am satisfied since I can receive my money right where I needed it.

I just make sure I have to estimate to adjust wit the situation, my longest time of waiting is 24 hours.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
December 16, 2016, 04:21:12 PM
I didn't get any earnings with bitcoins but my brother was showing me the bitcoin transactions so the time taken was 2-3 days and it was a shitty waiting time, so in future, we accept those bitcoin transactions may be fast and getting payments will be easy.
Activity: 196
December 16, 2016, 04:05:50 PM
Right now it's moving at a very good pace... Last week was a different story.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 16, 2016, 04:01:51 PM
It depends on how much transaction fees you are giving and apart from that if their is heavy transaction traffic on the blockchain network then the transaction gets delay in confirmation . If you have payed the correct transaction fees , then it will take very less time to get confirmation.
Yeah, there are already two choice. People who wants faster transaction can choose to pay higher fee. But customer always choose lowest fee cost. I hope bitcoin transaction can get faster, couse I think its still litle bit slow.
To what extent will the transaction be faster because most transaction have done was not beyond my waiting, beside what is the excess fee meant for. Such higher fee will lead to drudgery which will eventually increase transaction fee.
The miners do their job in order to obtain a profit and not out of kindness, if the network is busier than usual then they will give priority to whoever is paying a bigger fee, that is capitalism in a nutshell.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 16, 2016, 03:43:50 PM
Fast
Yeah its really too much fast transaction because we can send our bitcoin to anywhere in few second so i also say that bitcoin bitcoin transaction is much more better and faster than other currency and we can buy any thing with bitcoin easily in few second.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
December 16, 2016, 02:01:33 PM
Most of the time it is fast, the only time that it is slow is when there are too many transaction that is being process in the blockchain but I don't think that it should be called "slow" because it only takes 10-30 minutes to be processed. All we need is to be patient about this process in the blockchain because there are too many bitcoin users around the world, not just you.

Yeah it may depend on the load on network when a transaction takes more time than usual, but i personally never faced this problem at all, my transactions never took more than 30 to 40 minutes no matter how big or small they were.

well it's great for you because some of us experienced a very delayed transaction before including me it was 8 or maybe 9 months ago when I am about to received a certain amount of satoshi it took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes Grin but I am not bothered at least the process is ongoing there's nothing to worry about except if you need to rush Grin
The important here is as long as we receive our bitcoins with the right amount then it's not a big issue of delays. In fact, we are only seeing the disadvantage of using bitcoin but we failed to consider it's cheap transaction fee.

lmao . it's like we only noticed the bad sides and never appreciates what good things has brought to you . Grin you are right mate and I'll prefer to receive my money late than to got it inexact with the amount that you are expecting to receive . delayed confirmations are just a problem when you are really rushing to get your money because you really need it .
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2016, 10:56:14 AM
It will be better for the BTC transactions to become faster and I think that everyone will agree on that-it will be beneficial both for BTC and for us,the people who send and receive BTC.Right now there are some delays which blockchain experiences from time to time and this makes transactions even less faster,but there is another side of the coin which is related to the mining proccess and the validating part.
Activity: 108
Merit: 2
December 16, 2016, 09:57:49 AM
i think they will find a solution to make all the transactions fast. to save the costumers time..maybe in the futur but not now
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
December 16, 2016, 06:43:29 AM
It looks like bitcoin transactions are now faster than ever. Compared to a few days ago, now bitcoin transactions are already more smoothly and quickly, it looks like a problem at Blockchain has been solved. Grin
Its not blockchain controlling the transactions its the bitcoin network and blockchain doesnt even have control to bitcoin network. it depends on the block found if you have more transaction fee the faster and lower the block confirmed like 1 if you have low transaction fee it would be at medium priority 1 - 6
The option is ours to increase the transaction fee if we want a faster transaction, and in fact it's not too expensive and it's good for someone who likes his transaction to be confirm fast. I do this sometimes when I needed money and to my local exchange to cash out.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 16, 2016, 04:20:50 AM
It depends on how much transaction fees you are giving and apart from that if their is heavy transaction traffic on the blockchain network then the transaction gets delay in confirmation . If you have payed the correct transaction fees , then it will take very less time to get confirmation.
Yeah, there are already two choice. People who wants faster transaction can choose to pay higher fee. But customer always choose lowest fee cost. I hope bitcoin transaction can get faster, couse I think its still litle bit slow.
To what extent will the transaction be faster because most transaction have done was not beyond my waiting, beside what is the excess fee meant for. Such higher fee will lead to drudgery which will eventually increase transaction fee.
Activity: 11
December 16, 2016, 04:14:07 AM
It looks like bitcoin transactions are now faster than ever. Compared to a few days ago, now bitcoin transactions are already more smoothly and quickly, it looks like a problem at Blockchain has been solved. Grin
Its not blockchain controlling the transactions its the bitcoin network and blockchain doesnt even have control to bitcoin network. it depends on the block found if you have more transaction fee the faster and lower the block confirmed like 1 if you have low transaction fee it would be at medium priority 1 - 6
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
December 16, 2016, 04:03:32 AM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Bitcoin transactions a quite slow for today standards but with the use of third party tools or services it shouldn't be a problem.
Do you know why you post sounds so silly, and it's not just one reason.
First of all if you are happy reliying on a third party to handle your money then why do you even use bitcoin?
Secondly there is nothing wrong with the speed of bitcoin transaction because you can't beat instant, sure you have to wait for 1 confirmation but as long as you have added the correct fee you won't have to wait more than a couple of hours and that's often the worst case scenario but still better than 3 to 5 business days.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 15, 2016, 04:05:11 PM
Most of the time it is fast, the only time that it is slow is when there are too many transaction that is being process in the blockchain but I don't think that it should be called "slow" because it only takes 10-30 minutes to be processed. All we need is to be patient about this process in the blockchain because there are too many bitcoin users around the world, not just you.

Yeah it may depend on the load on network when a transaction takes more time than usual, but i personally never faced this problem at all, my transactions never took more than 30 to 40 minutes no matter how big or small they were.

well it's great for you because some of us experienced a very delayed transaction before including me it was 8 or maybe 9 months ago when I am about to received a certain amount of satoshi it took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes Grin but I am not bothered at least the process is ongoing there's nothing to worry about except if you need to rush Grin
The important here is as long as we receive our bitcoins with the right amount then it's not a big issue of delays. In fact, we are only seeing the disadvantage of using bitcoin but we failed to consider it's cheap transaction fee.
I disagree how much do we need to wait to get a confirmation, will be a key question when it comes to the adoption bitcoin may reach if it is too slow people are not going to use it in their daily lives and will use it just to send money across borders if in the other hand bitcoin become faster then it could be used for almost anything imaginable.
Activity: 35
December 15, 2016, 02:33:17 AM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Bitcoin transactions a quite slow for today standards but with the use of third party tools or services it shouldn't be a problem.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 15, 2016, 12:35:45 AM
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.
I agree they do take too much time for this kind of transaction, and as suggested before, the use of third party can help in this but I don't think thats the final answer, it maybe a tool just for now but in future, they would have to quicken it up a lot more than it is currently so it will be used in local stores and shops.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
December 14, 2016, 11:47:26 PM

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
December 14, 2016, 11:13:27 PM

Activity: 19
December 14, 2016, 01:57:45 PM

the "problem" was a massive number of transaction at the time and not enough block size to include all of them. you can always check them at here https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions by that time there were more than 30-50K unconfirmed transactions filling up the mempool causing transactions with much higher fee to be confirmed faster.

and since that is solved things are back to normal but still problem exists but hidden.
if during this confirmation on bitcoin in blockchain problematic, because the number of users of bitcoin? Well, I also felt a change transactions. first, very quickly send bitcoin, even confirmation only occurs in a few minutes, and I think not only me who feels this way. but, I think this has been a common problem and have been considered normal.

More and more people are using Bitcoins each new day, it's normal the transactions become more slowly if people don't set higher fees on their transactions. If you don't want to increase the fees and have an average time transaction, wait for the best moment to do it (the moment with less transactions simultaneously).
Indeed delay the transaction is a normal thing, but a few weeks ago there was a delay in waiting for confirmation, when it was time to get at least one confirmation is 3 hours and the longest was 24 hours. So that when the transaction is so long, the other process too delayed. I missed the big event, one of many examples. I'm grateful now delay the maximum transaction only 2-3 hours.
Activity: 1232
December 14, 2016, 12:59:39 PM
Bitcoin transactions are getting faster gradually, the time of payment completion has decreased. Basically due to huge number of transactions and some  other problems the speed is little bit slow, but its improving a lot. Payments are usually completed within couple minutes, rarely sometimes few hours.
Pages:
Jump to: