Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin up altcoin dump - page 2. (Read 5172 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 09, 2017, 12:10:24 PM
So basically whenever bitcoin goes up, altcoin goes down and vice versa?
In my opinion, not always the altcoin Bitcoin rises down and vice versa, has occurred recently when bitcoin up and altcoin up.  Wink
June 09, 2017, 11:39:03 AM
I think you should hold onto your btc if you have any. Maybe liquidate a portion of your holdings if you're scared of a sudden dump. You definitely don't want to miss the next big pump
thanks for your suggest  Wink I will consider it  Smiley
June 09, 2017, 11:32:52 AM
Whatever the price of BTC i think the majority of BTC is to hold. not trade for anything. the part of it that i choose to trade i do it for altcoins i believe do minimize the risk of holding worthless bags.
When BTC rises from $11000 to 2994, do you still hold altcoin? Shocked
June 09, 2017, 11:28:21 AM
Whenever Bitcoin price goes up it is for sure that it will affect altcoin in opposite way. What it means is altcoin will loose value dramatically because they become more costly to buy and you will loose profit in the process. So you better sell them immediately when the bitcoin jumps too high. Also, make a note that bitcoin may not remain that high for long. So you may wait.
Thank you for your advice. Your opinion will be my consideration in trading of bitcoin . But there's something interesting recently, when bitcoin up altcoin comes up  Cheesy
June 09, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
When the btc price goes up, what is now a good time to buy altcoin or sell bitcoin? Huh
That is most often happened in the altcoin when bitcoin increase. But not all altcoin is like that, like eth, xem, maid, bay, and there are few coins that are not dumping the price unlike other coins in the market. So if there are coins which you think is will get increase again you are free to do it, but of course be wise and be careful on buying it.
I agree with you, there are some altcoins that are not affected by the rise of bitcoin. Your opinion is good, i will try it another time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 09, 2017, 10:32:06 AM
Its not that simple, there is an initial reaction yes but as soon as bitcoin has pumped for a day or two new money flows to alts and they are the ones that pump usually to the detriment of bitcoin.

Well I say that but the markets are more complex than simple explanations but that explains the basic forces that move the price.
June 09, 2017, 10:23:08 AM
When the btc price goes up, what is now a good time to buy altcoin or sell bitcoin? Huh
Whenever bitcoin price goes up,altcoins start bleeding.It occurs commonly in crypto market.Altcoin holders immediately sell their coins in order to buy bitcoins.This makes the situation much worse.So when bitcoin price increases,just hold your bitcoins.On the other hand,when bitcoin price falls down,just follow what people do i.e.,you can sell your bitcoins and buy a good altcoin to increase your bitcoin volume.
a good opinion, I'll try it. thanks  Wink
June 09, 2017, 10:17:48 AM
Good question. Actually it's depends from each person to choose he want do what or maybe both. When bitcoin price rising like yesterday, almost all altcoins falling and that was the best time to buy more altcoins, but in other hands, bitcoin price also rising so sky high (almost doubled than 1 month ago).
I did both yesterday, bought some altcoins and also sold some of my bitcoin
thank you for your answer  Smiley. A good strategy, but does that require a lot of bitcoin?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
June 09, 2017, 09:58:20 AM
Whenever bitcoin price goes up,altcoins start bleeding.It occurs commonly in crypto market.Altcoin holders immediately sell their coins in order to buy bitcoins.This makes the situation much worse.So when bitcoin price increases,just hold your bitcoins.On the other hand,when bitcoin price falls down,just follow what people do i.e.,you can sell your bitcoins and buy a good altcoin to increase your bitcoin volume.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
June 09, 2017, 08:03:46 AM
That is most often happened in the altcoin when bitcoin increase. But not all altcoin is like that, like eth, xem, maid, bay, and there are few coins that are not dumping the price unlike other coins in the market. So if there are coins which you think is will get increase again you are free to do it, but of course be wise and be careful on buying it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 09, 2017, 06:30:13 AM

I'd prefer to purchase altcoins when btc pumps. Like what happened a day or two ago. Btc price went up a couple of percentage and stayed up to this time. The time it went up almost all altcoins got negative movements. I was able to purchase a few favorite alts to trade with that time
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
June 09, 2017, 06:27:16 AM
Waiting better, sometimes we are stuck with a dump when it is not ahir it is a strategy to form support. Panic sell just makes the heart regret.  Angry
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
June 08, 2017, 01:17:42 PM
It often happen when the rush of the investors come from the altcoin side but when the people come from outside or people invest their other money in bitcoin and not the money from their altcoin then it not happen and the price of both then increase.

But seems right now they are all down. Initially though when the price of bitcoin rises, alt coins is down. But now its not the case. It looks like that investors are into bitcoin and into alt coins as well. So its really hard to predict now how the market trend or the relationship of bitcoin and alt coins now.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
June 07, 2017, 07:44:45 PM
It often happen when the rush of the investors come from the altcoin side but when the people come from outside or people invest their other money in bitcoin and not the money from their altcoin then it not happen and the price of both then increase.
Activity: 490
June 07, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
I guess when the price of bitcoin rises the price of altcoin will be lower since crypto currencies depends their value to its co crypto currencies.
In terms of trading your altcoin, I guess you cannot predict the good timing of it if you sell it or buy yours since we cannot determine what will be the next pump or dump it is just in your gut if you have the courage to sell or buy it is a bit risky because you will put your money into something you ard not sure.
Activity: 440
June 07, 2017, 07:24:32 PM
There is no certain point when is to good time to nuy or sell altcoin/bitcoin as trading has always risk thus it's unpredictable. If you buy low, it might dump again thus we can not tell when is good time to buy/sell bitcoin/altcoin.
yes no doubt that risk  is always there but we have to accept that fact that most of the people have good experience in the crypto market and they know the ups and down of the market and they mostly give a very perfect prediction about the price of bitcoin and therefore on the bases of these prediction we can decide to buy or  sell bitcoins or any other crypto currency.
Activity: 518
June 06, 2017, 08:16:28 AM
There is no certain point when is to good time to nuy or sell altcoin/bitcoin as trading has always risk thus it's unpredictable. If you buy low, it might dump again thus we can not tell when is good time to buy/sell bitcoin/altcoin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
June 06, 2017, 05:07:49 AM
yeah ETH is pumping too, gonna invest there again. But I dont know why Monero is rising

I am not much sure that which Altcoin to pick for the mid term investment but I think I should give a try to the ETH, LTH. Yes, I believe that bitcoin would skyrocket on the price chart down the road but still I want to hold some of my crypto investments in altcoins. I used to trade in altcoins but never tried to hold it for more than a week, so it is getting little bit difficult for me to pick any coin.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
June 06, 2017, 04:14:06 AM
yeah ETH is pumping too, gonna invest there again. But I dont know why Monero is rising
Activity: 462
June 06, 2017, 03:52:27 AM
This statement applies for most of the altcoins available out there but not to all. Some altcoins like ethereum, monero and litecoin are showing good amount of growths and are one of the good investment options available out there.
Pages:
Jump to: