Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued. - page 4. (Read 28606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Wow.  This is really big!  It seems like the case is totally in OP's favor.  I don't know how a court of law could not see that, but of course the battle is just beginning here.

My question is what will the end result be?  Could this take down Paypal forever?  Will it help Bitcoin in the end?  Or will this just be one small step in keeping Paypal accountable for how they treat their customers?
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Best of luck, OP!

I've just spent a sleepless night (location: Down Under) fretting about a chargeback filed against me.

Not BTC related goods but the principles are the same.

The obfuscation in Paypal's e-mail communiques is criminal in itself.

It's interesting that Paypal is yet to turn a profit. They conduct themselves in an amateur way; when speaking with them on the phone there is a sense they're making it up as they go. Is Paypal simply a flawed business idea?

Go get 'em tiger!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Much Luck here. This is going to be extremely interesting and perhaps set some precedent to other companies.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
UPDATE: LETTER OF INTENT TO SUE HAS BEEN DELIVERED AND SIGNED FOR

The two week clock for them to resolve the issue starts tomorrow, which means if we do not have resolution by the 24th, its go time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
You can record what ever you want.  You just won't be able to use it in a court of law in some jurisdictions, thus the suggestion to record all calls and create transcripts of the calls in those states where two party consent is required.

Not true.  Even recording audio is a crime in many jurisdictions.  That's what cops are using against people recording them that they don't like.
Giant run-on paragraph, TL;DR, attention-deficit is such a gyft

TL; DR:  He's suing Paypal for blocking ASIC miners.

No, I'm suing paypal for being criminals, it just so happens that one of the million BS excuses they gave me was because i was selling asic miners
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is just a competitor of PayPal in it's main field,Online Money transfer and with fees that can't be compared to PayPal's. so any fight against PayPal should be in Bitcoin benefit I think.
Paypal is full of BS, those clowns almost ruined our business. They automatically process chargebacks without investigation, customers order an item we deliver, customer claims item not received even with full tracking info and paypal just charge us without even looking at the tracking info. I hope they fall hard.
We have a new site just for bitcoins and it couldn't have been better.

What's the new site?
Giant run-on paragraph, TL;DR, attention-deficit is such a gyft

TL; DR:  He's suing Paypal for blocking ASIC miners.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
The reason Paypal binds that arbitration is because they know that a lot of what they do is Illegal and if it ends up in a court room ( which is very very very very rare ) they just try and buy the prosecution off with a minimal stipens and slap them with an NDA. The difference here being, we are not just seeking compensatory and punitive damages. I do not have a "buy me off" value and will NOT be signing and NDA unless paypal is FULLY held accountable for their criminal actions.

This isnt about money, anybody who knows me personally knows that the bitcoin i hold is more than enough to live off for 4 lifetimes. Even if this entire lawsuit goes array, i have decided personally that here and now is the time paypal starts having to play by the rules, and if needed i will still continue to lead a massive movement against paypals criminal actions. Just in the bitcoin community alone i have been contacted by WELL over 1,500 people now who have almost the same experience with paypal.
Great to hear this is how you are approaching this.  Paypal have gotten away with their abuse of their power for far to long, all the best in your case.
Nope, never sold bitcoin, just mining hardware latley, tons of other stuff from computers to servers to custom cases for x-boxes that i made. As for paypal, they never gave a reason more than " it involves bitcoin and we dont like that as we consider bitcoin competition " or in summary as told by another manager there " We can hold your money for as long as we want and we dont have to give you a reason why because we put it in the user agreement " <--- which is a crime
Activity: 32
Update:

Today is the day the letter of intent was set to be delivered, so i should know within the next 12 hours, and the 2 week clock should start ticking. i will post the minute i get confirmation. Thats all i have at this Time

On another note, Can we please keep from all the off topic discussion, This is not a debate thread on what you can and cannot sell on ebay, this is not a thread for you to come and beg for donations because you got scammed. This IS a thread where people can keep updated on the progress of a pending lawsuit, and share their experiences with paypal themselves.

I am a VERY laid back and chill individual, but at the same time i dont find it fair that someone has to wollow through 5 pages that are one third filled with garbage and off topic posts about things that do not even pertain to paypal just to find the latest update. I hate being confrontational so lets please just keep it on topic, i dont want to have to be that guy who goes running to the moderators, and would rather just stop keeping everyone updated than have to fight with people taking the thread off topic. Please be respectful of your fellow forum readers.

TerraHasher, I've been a big supporter of your casue, helping you get the word out by bringing a lot of traffic to your thread.  Now I see one of my posts get deleted as off-topic?  Yes, technically, it wasn't within your narrow scope of discussing the day-to-day legal proceedings.  But, it was very much on topic in that it was supporting your notion that Paypal considers Bitcoin a competitive threat, which, as I understand it, is an important point in your case.  Am I right?  

This should be an open forum.  Yes, it's an imperfect world.  I haven't been happy having to ready 7 pages to keep up, with some off topic stuff in it.  But, removing posts because they don't fit a very narrow scope of the OP despite being on-topic in the minds of many of us is very anti-open discussion.  Moderation should be reserved for removing flames and spam.  Clearly off topic discussion should, if possible, be moved, with deletion as a last resort.  

I had someone say negative things about me on a comment on one of my blog posts.  Did I delete it?  No, I responded intelligently.  

Can I suggest you create a thread clearly begun with the narrow purpose of documenting the day to day proceedings, and leave this thread, where you detail the case, open to discussion by those who want to discuss the merits of the case?

Hey man, sorry to hear that, as you stated, unfortunately i dont have much control over moderation.

I have given some thought on how to handle something so large to make it easy to navigate and have decided that making my own website to not only blog about the case, or look back at it after it is done, but to serve as a central hub for everyone who paypal has wronged, outlining a group cause to bring down the hammer on them.

Yes i know there are plenty of "paypal sucks" website that have some useful information how to resolve your issues, but the fact remains that 80% of the time, they dont work and nobody as an individual stands a chance against paypal 1v1, so i have decided to start working on a 20,000 vs. paypal cause to help everyone else as i have had thousands of requests for help this week alone and cannot help anyone let alone everyone if i try to address each request individually.

None the less, until i get time to get a website together, lets try and keep this as close to on topic as possible. it is not that i am apposed to discussion, i actually encourage it, i just want it to be easy for people following to find updates without having to sort through pages of garbage that clutters up the progress.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Earn with impressio.io
Update:

Today is the day the letter of intent was set to be delivered, so i should know within the next 12 hours, and the 2 week clock should start ticking. i will post the minute i get confirmation. Thats all i have at this Time

On another note, Can we please keep from all the off topic discussion, This is not a debate thread on what you can and cannot sell on ebay, this is not a thread for you to come and beg for donations because you got scammed. This IS a thread where people can keep updated on the progress of a pending lawsuit, and share their experiences with paypal themselves.

I am a VERY laid back and chill individual, but at the same time i dont find it fair that someone has to wollow through 5 pages that are one third filled with garbage and off topic posts about things that do not even pertain to paypal just to find the latest update. I hate being confrontational so lets please just keep it on topic, i dont want to have to be that guy who goes running to the moderators, and would rather just stop keeping everyone updated than have to fight with people taking the thread off topic. Please be respectful of your fellow forum readers.

TerraHasher, I've been a big supporter of your casue, helping you get the word out by bringing a lot of traffic to your thread.  Now I see one of my posts get deleted as off-topic?  Yes, technically, it wasn't within your narrow scope of discussing the day-to-day legal proceedings.  But, it was very much on topic in that it was supporting your notion that Paypal considers Bitcoin a competitive threat, which, as I understand it, is an important point in your case.  Am I right?  

This should be an open forum.  Yes, it's an imperfect world.  I haven't been happy having to ready 7 pages to keep up, with some off topic stuff in it.  But, removing posts because they don't fit a very narrow scope of the OP despite being on-topic in the minds of many of us is very anti-open discussion.  Moderation should be reserved for removing flames and spam.  Clearly off topic discussion should, if possible, be moved, with deletion as a last resort.  

I had someone say negative things about me on a comment on one of my blog posts.  Did I delete it?  No, I responded intelligently.  

Can I suggest you create a thread clearly begun with the narrow purpose of documenting the day to day proceedings, and leave this thread, where you detail the case, open to discussion by those who want to discuss the merits of the case?
Activity: 756
Hope you are successful. Paypal needs to be held accountable for their actions. They can't just go handing money back to criminals without any good reason.
Doesn't Paypal state in their user agreement that all disputes must be handled through "arbitration" and that by agreeing to the user agreement you revoke your right to sue them in a court of law?

Good luck, it's hard to win a case against a big corporation. Corporations like Paypal own the US government.

Yes they do, and thats why we needed a judge to rule that he would hear the case in open court. On the principal that this is not a small claims case as it is WELL over $5,000, and furthermore as this case has criminal actions.

The reason Paypal binds that arbitration is because they know that a lot of what they do is Illegal and if it ends up in a court room ( which is very very very very rare ) they just try and buy the prosecution off with a minimal stipens and slap them with an NDA. The difference here being, we are not just seeking compensatory and punitive damages. I do not have a "buy me off" value and will NOT be signing and NDA unless paypal is FULLY held accountable for their criminal actions.

This isnt about money, anybody who knows me personally knows that the bitcoin i hold is more than enough to live off for 4 lifetimes. Even if this entire lawsuit goes array, i have decided personally that here and now is the time paypal starts having to play by the rules, and if needed i will still continue to lead a massive movement against paypals criminal actions. Just in the bitcoin community alone i have been contacted by WELL over 1,500 people now who have almost the same experience with paypal.

Its the same principal as doctor assisted suicide. Killing another human being is a crime, just because they sign a piece of paper agreeing "hey, its ok to kill me now, i want to die" does not make it legal as many courts have ruled hundreds of times. Its the same with paypal. 70 % of their standard business practice is illegal by charge of the FTC, SEC and several other regulatory bodies. Just because you check a box saying you agree to let them treat you with disregard to the law, does not make it legal.

Thus far paypal has been able to buy off anyone who challenges them, but most people who challenge them are opposing over a few thousand dollars, so when paypal says "fine heres your money, but you sign this NDA first" people just take it as they know they have not the financial means to continue to peruse paypal. I on the other hand have a great legal team who actually to this point have refused to take any more money from me, and even if it gets to the point i need to pay, i can go toe to toe with paypal for a VERY long time as a result of all the wonderful life changes bitcoin has brought me.

paypal after all has not made a profit a single year in business yet, and the only thing keeping them afloat is ebays seller fees.

For the rest of you who want to repeat the same post over and over:

I am well aware paypal is probably following this thread with a fine tooth comb. But with that, they are also aware that i have thousands of people who want to take action too, and even though we cannot combine lawsuits into class action, they are aware that i am not going to stop and that even if i lose thousands of people from the bitcoin community alone are going to have someone to help them, and lead them into their own actions as a group. Not to mention how many people will stand up against paypals illegal actions once they know there is a group leading a charge against them that are not part of bitcoin.

In summary: The crime that has been allowed to continue for a decade now will stop here, and it will stop now. WE WILL TAKE A STAND even if i lose. you can silence one or two, but you cannot silence the masses.
Activity: 32
Doesn't Paypal state in their user agreement that all disputes must be handled through "arbitration" and that by agreeing to the user agreement you revoke your right to sue them in a court of law?

Good luck, it's hard to win a case against a big corporation. Corporations like Paypal own the US government.
Update:

Activity: 44
hi terrahasher

pls share your ebay username/s

cheers
Activity: 616
No offense but you did a really stupid thing posting all about this online before settling things with paypal. They're going to scroll through every word.
Pages:
Jump to: