Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued. - page 5. (Read 28606 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Amen to that by the way, i gave my lawyers 200 BTC back August for retainer, come October one of them (jokingly) proposed to me. Why do my own dirty work when people will do it for bitcoin. all i had to do was follow their instructions.

Man you must have a downright shit ton of BTC to be tossing around 200 Bitcoin ... even at August prices ... that's one hell of a retainer.

-BB-
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
You know ...

I have spent the last 4 weeks asking PayPal why my account was suddenly being limited as well. 

Out of thin air, 90% of my orders were declining for no apparent reason, and then we had 4 orders suddenly put on hold.

When I called I got the same explanation:  "You must have had a chargeback"

As it turns out, I had made a couple purchases of physical bitcoins through Ebay just prior to all this ....

-BB-
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
I had the same issues with PayPal last year. I'm surprised this international fraud still hasn't been closed down.

I was running a business on the internet when suddenly they limit my account. Asked for a reason, they just said it was a "High Risk" business. I was like, WTF? Called again and they said decision was final. There was thousands of dollars in that account and it just got frozen.

They do this account freezes mostly on people who live in countries away from the US or Singapore so you don't have any legal power to fight back. To this day, I'm still very upset. Life could've been a lot better.

I'm glad somebody is taking action against this large scale financial theft. Please bring justice to those scammed people, especially those in foreign lands. F*** these paypal bastards. They freeze your hard earned money anytime they fu****g like.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Good luck in your lawsuit.  On a totally unrelated note dealing with Paypal, I had a bidder request a refund for a purchased product that was more or less what they ordered, even though the wording was slightly off in mistake and I explained my issue.  PP immediately held my account for over $550 and their convoluted system of holds and reverse refunds was confusing.  Had to call someone just to ensure the funds were properly taken care of from said buyer when it should be made much easier.
Activity: 700
Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill
Activity: 700
Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill
Paypal has given me a lot of grief when it comes to bitcoin related sales.  They made false claims about my account, held my funds for no valid reason, and when I submitted the documentation and waited (3 months later) still they apparently failed to review my documents.

I have evidence that Paypal has ignored my submissions.

After being on hold for about an hour and discussing the situation and trying to resolve the issue, they got upset and "bitchcoins" came up, I said "I'm sorry?" and then the guy goes off on another subject.

I just got scammed too!  F PayPal!  I can't believe someone like me working honestly gets shit on like this.  In my phone conversation today I also heard the guy on the phone refer to selling "bitchcoins".  This just isn't right.  Does PayPal know that they are allowing and encouraging scammers to operate like they do?  There is no consequence to being a scammer piece of shit.  So, I decided I'd post these peoples names and bitcoin addresses here for all to see these no good a-holes. Cost me money and I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay.

I even looked on eBay first and saw others selling btc and I knew how hard it wwas for me to get at first and I was trying to help people out.  That went well.  I turned in all messages and corespondence to PayPal and they didn't even look at it.

Here is my address if you already mad your millions and want to help me out.  If not, I totally understand, not looking for a handout, bu would be gracious to those who have extra.
My Wallet: address removed

Here are the loser scammers:

[email protected]
Brett Keller
1202 Larkspur Dr
Scottsbluff, NE 69361-4513
United States
ebay ID: jericamicron  Purchase:  $200 USD
Wrote this message: "please send to 1CimKHU3eUjphZe3m8Khv4K9ZEU4uEfCFh btc id"   

Dany Gagnon
[email protected]
ebay ID: dany_boy_65  purchase $400 USD Messaged via PayPal
Dany Gagnon
213, des Amerindiens
Quebec QC  G2M 1P3
Canada

frank j butrico
9 Gentry Dr
warren, NJ 07059
United States
frank butrico
[email protected]
eBay ID: fbut82087129ay  purchase $200 USD
Messaged me: "hello dear sir plz deposit btc in this address: 15ii44RvqwBQjJ7gRnEZ4RSV7hpjTr7pQS"

Hank J. Klien
345 18th Avenue E.
Seattle, WA 98112
USA
[email protected]
eBay ID: hankypanky554 purchase $400 USD eBay claims this person is no longer a member
Messaged me: "btc wallet is 1GTnq6Ym1S3z2gAA9nB4o6TXqfzwmNLQKL"

So, if anyone has any run in with these scammers, I suggest you punch them in the face with all your might.

Again, if you purchased bitcoins when they were $5 and can afford to help....
My Wallet: address removed

If not, I understand... I am no longer in a position to donate.  Thanks Scammers

JC

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I was told that my account was frozen for six months because my business with them was considered "too risky".  No other reason, and no appeal  possible.   What gives them the right to confiscate my account - short of being law enforcement and obtaining a warrant for something like violation of AMLs or the IRS doing it for non-payment of taxes - why would they have ANY right to confiscate or hold my property?
Activity: 994
Add me to the suit.  Paypal froze my account with $26,000 from selling on hand day-1 KNC Jupiters in it because someone reported that I was selling bitcoin.  No appeal.  Frozen solid.  I was told there were chargebacks, but not allowed into my account to see what those chargebacks were.  Money will be frozen for another 4 months.  (After 6 months they will decide how much of my money they will allow me to haveback.)

Please PM me for contact info - I absolutely want to be a participant in this lawsuit.  

This is the part that gets me.  It's not the actual freezing of accounts.  They have every right to do that if they think something is suspect (not saying you did anything suspect of course but people do!).  But there should be a law for how LONG they can freeze your cash until the issue gets resolved.  Paypal is famous for freezing, then no word for months. 

If they freeze your account, they should have a dedicated 800# to call, with a case number to resolve any issues quickly.  This I'm sure has taken many legitimate businesses out there out of business when suddenly their cash flow became frozen.
Activity: 574
Add me to the suit.  Paypal froze my account with $26,000 from selling on hand day-1 KNC Jupiters in it because someone reported that I was selling bitcoin.  No appeal.  Frozen solid.  I was told there were chargebacks, but not allowed into my account to see what those chargebacks were.  Money will be frozen for another 4 months.  (After 6 months they will decide how much of my money they will allow me to have back.)

Please PM me for contact info - I absolutely want to be a participant in this lawsuit.  
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Got same problems. They shutdown my listings a few times. But I was selling the actual crypto currency. I don't find it fair that ebay allows other forms of currencies and other digital items but when it comes to cryptos it's under the restricted area. Selling currencies is allowed. Selling digital items is allowed. But selling digital currency is not allowed? I think they just hate cryptos. But I never sell btc or anything over $15 anymore. I already made my money. And I put it one item at a time. Just to be safe.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
Paypal is a payment processor. They're most likely already working on something for Bitcoin. Why are they seen as competitors?

Question for OP: why do you not sell equipment for Bitcoins?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Please post an address for donations.

Hey guys, thanks for the support, I wasnt really looking for donations. The minute someone starts seeking money for something a conversation usually turns from being productive into a whole other conversations about "scam, rippoff, blah blah, troll some more etc." Im sure you get the idea. I will post an address for now for people who want to send donations for whatever, but i do have to re-state, as of now, the legal team is not charging me anything so donations would be more on principal than anything. Also if posting a donation address starts to take this thread off topic and in another direction, please understand that i will take down the address. I do not want this to turn into one of "those" threads.

Again, thank you all for your support, we are patiently awaiting confirmation from the post office that the letter has been delivered and signed for. I will be sure and update you all once that happens as that is when the 2 weeks to take action clock begins.

(also on a side note, i had one of our buyers get scared and back out on a Round 1 batch 2 ( march delivery) BA x-3 machine because of paypal freezing their funds as well for sending us payment through paypal. If anyone is interested i can contact BA and see if they will allow an address transfer or something if you want to buy it. Just message me)

Donation address: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Please post an address for donations.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
I didn't read it all (sorry), but I'm interested:

Is there a BTC address for the legal fund? I and am sure many other BTC supports would be interested in donating.

really?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
will be interesting to see this play out...
PS: next time, maybe pay attention to the formatting of your post, so that it doesn't take away focus of your real message, which is interesting)
Activity: 434
I didn't read it all (sorry), but I'm interested:

Is there a BTC address for the legal fund? I and am sure many other BTC supports would be interested in donating.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
I sure hope you win this case against paypal, never liked them. Gave my lots of problems years ago and haven't used them since. but I believe they would settle your case outside the court. They wouldn't allow a precedent case against them, so others may follow. Actually, there is a huge market for paypal to be an escrow for bitcoin payments. They should think about starting a "bitpal".
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
The fact that they actually said out loud that the reason they're harassing you is because bitcoin is a competitor is mind blowing. They'll hang themselves in court for sure.
Activity: 434
bookmarked Grin Grin Grin

TerraHasher please update us soon.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Actually the owners sold it to someone. But the new owner hasn't shown any enthusiasm to resume the operations.  Angry

Maybe ebay bought it and killed it.

Don't know whether eBay was behind it or not... but things are looking gloomy at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: