Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued. - page 9. (Read 28606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
as I still think OP is Muppet by writing lasts posts in other threads, I will watch this closely. because IF you succed, u my friend have a large beer from me. PayPal always sucks, day and night. problem with sellers are this: they repeating like addicts...PAYPAL IS SAFEST WAY...bla bla bla.
I hope there will be enough room to finish with monopolistyc company's like PayPal and other. succes with this case can be massive step against other shady payments processors.

they will think twice before blocking from using your own money.
PAYPALSUCKS.COM
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you win! I would laugh myself into unconsciousness to see PayPal lose their ability to take credit cards. That would be truly priceless! I take credit cards through PayPal, so it would have an effect on me, but seeing PayPal go down in flames would be just so worth it! Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Fuck Paypal.

As a little guy just using eBay for purchases and selling random items, apart from the extortionate fees involved, Paypal are a joke.

A week or two ago I bid on a second hand smartphone. Within the hour of sending payment via Paypal the seller messaged me, apologised that the phone had a fault he'd recently found, and he refunded me instantly.

Checked Paypal, refund received but on 'hold'. It took 10 days to be released. Apparently it's standard procedure for refunds. How can they operate like this and still be allowed?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
As much as i would love it that PayPal looses the right to accept credit cards... I dont think this is going to happen.

But I would like to know how come that this is point of discussion? Someone else selling CreditCard equipment via PayPal? Cheesy
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Good luck Terrahash, hope something good comes from this!

All those mocking his big paragraph? go fucking get your eyes checked, or copy it into notepad and make your own paragraphs you lazy shits lol.

This guy has gone through some shit, I could feel his vibe!
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I come to the point that i really hate PayPal (eBay customers using eBay and PayPal Mechanics to hold back payments, forcing me to give discounts) and I started to love to use Bitcoin for payment. Does not matter if its display advertising, food or other  transactions done with bitcoin - its fun using it and efficient.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
feck if im going to try read that long mess....get some paragraphs in it
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Incredible.  Well done, Terra.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Cool.

Bitcoin > Paypal, and I hope you will sue the shit out of them.

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
Very interesting story
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
This will be very interesting to watch.  Please keep us updated, TerraHasher!   

Here's a nicely paragraphed summary  Wink with perspective.   

Great summary article, with punctuation, paragraphs, and even upper case letters. Smiley. I terra will continue to update via this forum as much as his attorney will let him. But as one poster posted, be careful what you post. You dont want to jeopardize the lawsuit at all because you know their "team" is digging up anything they can on you, wife, family, dog, kids, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
Nice work TerraHasher and best of luck!  Please keep us posted. 
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Earn with impressio.io
This will be very interesting to watch.  Please keep us updated, TerraHasher!   

Here's a nicely paragraphed summary  Wink with perspective.   
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
TL;DR summary:  

PayPal has been putting holds on my accounts and preventing me from accessing my own funds because I am selling miners.  I think Paypal is doing this because they regard bitcoin as competition.

I am suing Paypal.

I actually read the whole thing. But yes, paragraphs would have helped. Wink. Cliff notes version was excellent. This is going to be a HUGE uphill battle. If if you win, this will continue to go uphill through the appellate courts for years. Unless of course they or you decide to settle. I'm happy someone is finally going to take them on.

I wish you the best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Keep up the good fight TerraHasher, and very clever to hoist them on their own call recording policy!

Hope you crush them!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Before you go ahead and sue someone, I suggest you learn how to write adequate English paragraphs.  Paperwork is crucial in legalwork.

Isnt that why legal teams are paid to write the story for people mpattison?

TerraHasher, thank you for biting back!! Go you, and good luck Smiley

Amen to that by the way, i gave my lawyers 200 BTC back August for retainer, come October one of them (jokingly) proposed to me. Why do my own dirty work when people will do it for bitcoin. all i had to do was follow their instructions.
Activity: 140
As a lawyer let me suggest (this is not legal advice) to be careful what you write on here as it might come up in the lawsuit. Good luck!

Good advice man, but pretty much everything stated here will be used in court already and if a judge wants to punish me for encouraging other people to stand up for themselves. i dont think i would want to win in his courtroom anyways. To me its not about the money, i am more than bitcoin wealthy, enough so i quit my day job and just sit all day selling on ebay and stuff and i am president of our local bitcoin group which is a full time job in itself with now over 280 members.

For me it is about the principal of the matter, this sort of white collar theft cannot be allowed to go uncontested. I put in the time and hours to make some noise and make people aware they do have options, and maybe other people will stand up for themselves too.

For the rest of you, my deepest apologies about the run on paragraph. I think something went wrong when i hit the preview button because it had proper (or close to it) paragraphs per thought process. i am about to head to bed, but i will try and get at it in the morning and make it more readable. so sorry guys. another one of those moments where technology gets the better of me. kind of like an iPhone, you try to take a picture, and instead it orders you a pizza.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Came in with genuine interest in what was about to be discussed.

Leaving with no additional information.  Before you go ahead and sue someone, I suggest you learn how to write adequate English paragraphs.  Paperwork is crucial in legalwork.

Wink

+1, I just sat down at my computer and want to read this, but that whopper of a paragraph is intimidating.  Before I get to it...good luck with the lawsuit...nice to see that you are really taking a stand Smiley
Activity: 232
Before you go ahead and sue someone, I suggest you learn how to write adequate English paragraphs.  Paperwork is crucial in legalwork.

Isnt that why legal teams are paid to write the story for people mpattison?

TerraHasher, thank you for biting back!! Go you, and good luck Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
As a lawyer let me suggest (this is not legal advice) to be careful what you write on here as it might come up in the lawsuit. Good luck!
Pages:
Jump to: