Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin vs solidcoin - page 9. (Read 19345 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
September 01, 2011, 06:43:27 PM
i believe in bitcoin, and i also agree we need to revamp the system. i like how it is for the most part, the only things i would change if i could would be

make gpu mining impossible (in reality, it centralizes bitcoin because a gpu can be easily scaled, id propose a proof of work system that is more serial than it is parallel. because bitcoin is sopose to be a medium of exchange, not a hoarding system or make money from simply using electricity.)
give 1000 coins per 5 minutes, until 500m exist, pruned coins will be added as a reward, so 500m will always exist
keep only 100k blocks, prune blocks, once you reach 100k, for every block that is made, one is destroyed. this also means you must trust somebody inside the network to give you a block to start with.
5 minute targets (some people fail to realize that once your transaction is in a block, rules for accepting coins in "limbo" no longer apply. if you want the same security then wait the 10 minutes and stop complaining, if you want me to write up a full description, just say and ill explain my reasoning)
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Posts made Jan-March 2017 are not by me
September 01, 2011, 05:41:49 PM
The tragedy of these forks is that they're trying to bleed off a few hundred or thousand devotees from a small segment of the tiniest corner of the most marginalized and obscure offshoot of the almost fractally invisible group of geeks and libertarians... and they don't even seem to realize it. Bitcoin just barely has enough people to sustain what bare and sparse economic activity we have. There's not enough to go around for all these forks. I guess the long-term strategy is to eventually convert the entire bitcoin userbase to their own version.

That's fine with me. May the best cryptocurrency win. Problem is, I don't see how solidcoin can attract anyone who is actually worth having. Most people who contribute something significant are already invested in bitcoin (and I mean emotionally, not financially here). Speculators will be attracted to solidcoin but since they don't actually do anything, nobody cares.

Reading those hyperbolic posts the solidcoin folks make on their website really turns me off, though. Have a tiny bit of self-respect, will you? If your clone is good enough it's good enough, nobody is listening to what you have to say about bitcoin, believe me.

Agreed. Replacing Bitcoin will require the new protocol to be better by a wide margin, and obviously so.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
September 01, 2011, 05:22:20 PM
The tragedy of these forks is that they're trying to bleed off a few hundred or thousand devotees from a small segment of the tiniest corner of the most marginalized and obscure offshoot of the almost fractally invisible group of geeks and libertarians... and they don't even seem to realize it. Bitcoin just barely has enough people to sustain what bare and sparse economic activity we have. There's not enough to go around for all these forks. I guess the long-term strategy is to eventually convert the entire bitcoin userbase to their own version.

That's fine with me. May the best cryptocurrency win. Problem is, I don't see how solidcoin can attract anyone who is actually worth having. Most people who contribute something significant are already invested in bitcoin (and I mean emotionally, not financially here). Speculators will be attracted to solidcoin but since they don't actually do anything, nobody cares.

Reading those hyperbolic posts the solidcoin folks make on their website really turns me off, though. Have a tiny bit of self-respect, will you? If your clone is good enough it's good enough, nobody is listening to what you have to say about bitcoin, believe me.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 01, 2011, 02:41:08 PM
ok so there is a mini war going on.....

who is going to win

or can both currencies get along side by side ?

let me know what you think

#warofthecoins #virtualcurrencywar #onlinecoinwars #coinwars #bitcoin #solidcoin
Pages:
Jump to: