Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin was made by CIA or NSA - page 5. (Read 994 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 305
November 11, 2018, 02:46:57 PM
@QuestionAuthority You're right about cryptography and other tech stuff being useful for us.

But about Bitcoin, i feel it's something controlled by the gov, in that they they can:

- plug it off whenever they want, for the reasons i outlined at the end of my first post

- control its price via centralized exchanges like Bitstamp, Coinbase, etc. That's one of the things Natalya Kaspersky said

So i don't see BTC as a tool for monetary freedom anymore, as i used to do.
BTC is not value that is fully in our hands like gold/silver are.

It may be fun and useful for speculators and the many crypto-based applications that are coming out, for sure.

But it is not as "rebellious" against the monetary sovereignty as i thought it to be.

You do know that bitcoin is open source, right? Not just the wallet software but also the protocol that controls the network.

Correct.
Being open source lets the project be taken over by another team eventually.
But still, we don't have a solution for the ban on the bootstrap nodes.

Anyway, if the Cashless Society nightmare comes true one day, i certainly would not keep all my savings in crypto, but i would differentiate :
40% crypto, 40% gold & silver , 20% something else ( valuable goods or other things i don't know yet ).

When there is some degree of uncertainty on something, like the future of crypto , i think the best solution is to differentiate.
And precious metals , like it or not, are always one of the most popular options for the "preppers".

Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 11, 2018, 02:37:13 PM
Anything is possible. After all the identity of the creator is unknown. And it is very possible also that the creator can pull it down one day. Recently, it has happened to PRL (oyster pearl) where the creator had withdrawn most of the coin from the exchanges.
Yes, it looks more like conspiracy theory but it can happen.
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
November 11, 2018, 02:32:00 PM
It's probably one of the three FBI, NSA or CIA. Satoshi could also be a random computer programmer or someone who works at a large corporation like Mark Zuckerberg.

I don't think that government supportive bodies would create a network which would go against all governmental regulations. I think whoever created it was tired of seeing how every government can be corrupt.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 11, 2018, 02:25:22 PM
Why can there not be an in between, it's not like the US has been entirely supportive and nurturing with bitcoin. Maybe they're just not completely against it (land of the free and all) but not really that for it, because they didn't create it. What motive would they have for creating a currency to challenge the US dollar, the very thing that allows the US to thrive.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
November 11, 2018, 02:22:16 PM

That's why countries like Russia and China banned bitcoin, while USA is allowing it to prosper unhindered.

Russia hasn't banned Bitcoin, they are sending mixed signals that tend to be negative as of late. As for China, they are also not completely against it and we are also getting mixed signals.

But also there's a simple explanation why certain countries are against Bitcoin - those countries are usually very authoritarian, they like to control everything, they attack the Internet, so it shouldn't be suprising that they aren't fans of Bitcoin. And Western countries tolerate Bitcoin because they actually have laws and principles, although they can easily decide to ban it in the future if there will be need.
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
November 11, 2018, 01:52:40 PM
It's probably one of the three FBI, NSA or CIA. Satoshi could also be a random computer programmer or someone who works at a large corporation like Mark Zuckerberg.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
November 11, 2018, 01:48:56 PM
Among all the Satoshi Nakamoto's identity theories, this is what i believe the most: https://bitcoinist.com/kaspersky-labs-co-founder-says-bitcoin-created-american-intelligence-agencies/

https://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2016/05/05/im-starting-think-cia-developed-bitcoin-still-love.html

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/15/nsa-helped-invent-bitcoin-founder-worlds-second-largest-cryptocurrency-ethereum-claims-7631719/

That's why countries like Russia and China banned bitcoin, while USA is allowing it to prosper unhindered.

After all, if the gov hated bitcoin so much then it was very easy for them to take it down:
they may just arrest/blackmail the devteam/distributors of Bitcoin,
and/or block the bootstrap node IPs that the BTC wallets require to join the network when they are launched.

It would be that easy

It's just another conspiracy theory, nothing else.
There is no proof for it and no real reason why CIA or NSA will do something like this.
Also, are you sure that they will not try to stop bitcoin in the future?
You are just speculate here without any concrete info.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
November 11, 2018, 01:48:08 PM
@QuestionAuthority You're right about cryptography and other tech stuff being useful for us.

But about Bitcoin, i feel it's something controlled by the gov, in that they they can:

- plug it off whenever they want, for the reasons i outlined at the end of my first post

- control its price via centralized exchanges like Bitstamp, Coinbase, etc. That's one of the things Natalya Kaspersky said

It may be fun and useful for speculators and the many crypto-based applications that are coming out, for sure.

But it is not as "rebellious" against the monetary sovereignty as i thought it to be.

You do know that bitcoin is open source, right? Not just the wallet software but also the protocol that controls the network.
November 11, 2018, 01:38:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
November 11, 2018, 01:15:31 PM
Among all the Satoshi Nakamoto's identity theories, this is what i believe the most: https://bitcoinist.com/kaspersky-labs-co-founder-says-bitcoin-created-american-intelligence-agencies/

https://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2016/05/05/im-starting-think-cia-developed-bitcoin-still-love.html

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/15/nsa-helped-invent-bitcoin-founder-worlds-second-largest-cryptocurrency-ethereum-claims-7631719/

After all, if the gov hated bitcoin so much then it was very easy for them to take it down:
and/or block the bootstrap node IPs that the BTC wallets require to join the network when they are launched.

It would be that easy

So what, American intelligence agencies created cryptography itself. Does that mean we shouldn’t use it at all? The American war machine created GPS technology. Does that mean I should stop using the maps app on my phone to look up addresses and guide me to them?

Sweetheart, I got some really bad news for you. Military establishments and governments have created most of the really cool useful shit throughout known history. Without the U.S. government there would be no internet for me to tell you this. LOL
November 11, 2018, 01:01:10 PM

It would be that easy
Pages:
Jump to: