Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be replace by ALTS in the future? - page 3. (Read 1087 times)

Activity: 501
Merit: 147
Hello guys! As usual my habit is to check this website https://coinmarketcap.com/ for crypto market price. I saw that bitcoin still dominate in the market.

Take a look in this picture.

The Bitcoin Dominance recorded is still at 52.3%

This is why Bitcoin is the most expensive crypto in the market. But, there is one thing also that struck me and that is the growing number of crypto in the market.

It was recorded at 2093 cryptocurrencies being listed in coinmarketcap and does not include some crypto that are not listed on coinmarketcap for now. So many cryptocurrency to choose from so brace yourself on what crypto will you should consider to contribute or invest.

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

I get this graph from coinhills (https://www.coinhills.com/statistics/volume-bitcoin-altcoin/) that shows the trend chart of Bitcoin volume strength versus Altcoins. A great number of altcoins combine will soon going to surpass bitcoin and remove its dominant in the market and probably few crypto will dominate in the altcoins group in the near future.

The question is that: Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?

ALTS is Alternative Coins Offering by ICO so obviously this not classified as currency. Bitcoin is a leading and number one currency in the world and also it is the first ever, since the crypto currencies are blooming for the entire world bitcoin is the first started Crypto Currency until now it is a dominant but not to replace the ALTS, rather to replaced to our FIAT MONEY.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Yes you made very good and clear facts but am not sure that will be possible for any altcoin to overcome bitcoin. we can see that most altcoin are gaining grounds in prices due to decreases of bitcoin prices and when things turn good for bitcoin in value no altcoin can match bitcoin. for me i know what bitcoin is capable of.
Activity: 96
Merit: 2
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
Is true that some altcoins are mapping up strength which is of no doubt but for current situation it seems more of sayings than on real grounds that bitcoin will lose it position to an atcoin and to me only time will tell that. Bitcoin always give surprise and and due to it currents state the assumptions are belittling bitcoin and as I said only time will have a say to this case.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
With the incredible low quality that most altcoins have I will say that the chances that bitcoin is replaced by altcoins in the future is very low, it is true there are some quality projects out there but those are the minority and even those projects have no chance to surpass bitcoin because many of them do not really do anything that you cannot do with bitcoin alone.
Activity: 244
Merit: 3
Bitcoin dominance cannot be substitute into Altcoins in the future rather Bitcoin will grow more stronger than what is be seen. Your image actually show that Bitcoin is at the top while more of Altcoins are be created every now and then to have more of the market, due to this happenings by Altcoins will not still make it dominance to supersede that of Bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
currently its really hard to replace bitcoin by any altcoin.bitcoin dominance proved it that bitcoin its trong and more popular than other crypto currency.
there are some strong altcoin like ETH,LTC,ZEC,XMR exist but i think they cant replace bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
Nothing is impossible in this world, but to defeat the dominance of Bitcoin on the crypto market it is very difficult because we all know Bitcoin is the parent of all the current altcoins, almost all crypto mimic Bitcoin. So far what I have seen is that altcoin is only used as a short-term investment to generate profits quickly and Bitcoin remains the main goal as a place to store assets, because people are more comfortable saving money in Bitcoin than in altcoin, maybe because the risk of losing in Bitcoin is very small and potential big profits.
Bitcoin destroyed almost 70% of ATH 2017, it was a big risk. In fact, some traders turn to stable coins. Maybe you can read this as a consideration: the rise of bitcoin and the fall of alts since 20 june 2017.
Then, can stable coins be considered as alts? What do you think about it?
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Nothing is impossible in this world, but to defeat the dominance of Bitcoin on the crypto market it is very difficult because we all know Bitcoin is the parent of all the current altcoins, almost all crypto mimic Bitcoin. So far what I have seen is that altcoin is only used as a short-term investment to generate profits quickly and Bitcoin remains the main goal as a place to store assets, because people are more comfortable saving money in Bitcoin than in altcoin, maybe because the risk of losing in Bitcoin is very small and potential big profits.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Bitcoin will not be replaced by any altcoin in the future. With btc's continuous development no other alt can even match btc. It will continue to reign as the king of all cryptocurrencies which in the future will be globally adopted.
Once bitcoin will be globally accepted in the future,then there are no chances to replace bitcoin from its position.Altcoins still have their own potentials but i think they're just not really good as bitcoin.Bitcoin is really good even  in short term or long term trading but with altcoins,they're only good in short term trading.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?
i thing altcoin coudn't be replace bitcoin the future because volume of bitcoin everyday always grow up than altcoin. a lot of investor still believe bitcoin because altcoin so many scamed  by people. and the future of bitcoin price are grow up than now.
Only new projects are deceiving many investors, most of the altcoins that have been listed on some exchanges do not fool investors. Indeed, there is little chance for altcoin to take over the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin prices always go up every year as well as altcoins, but we don't know the conditions that will occur in the future. Everyone's thinking will change, it could be when there is an altcoin that really functions as what everyone wants so many people switch their investments to the altcoin and make the price higher, it can happen.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
It seems very difficult for any altcoin to replace BTC for next 5 years I believe, its not about BTC features but current market dominance of BTC is very high, common people do not know about other coins even ETH, so till the time cryptocurrencies do not come into day to day use and common people start understanding blockchain concept and recognizing other cryptocurrencies, its very difficult for any altcoin to replace BTC.
I also guess that it would be difficult for an altcoin to surpass what bitcoin have right now. Though it may seems that the down fall of market of bitcoin extended until now and it seems that it happened for a long run but it doesn't mean that the value of bitcoin are also become less. I'd still believe that bitcoin is the superior coin among all cryptocurrency.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
It seems very difficult for any altcoin to replace BTC for next 5 years I believe, its not about BTC features but current market dominance of BTC is very high, common people do not know about other coins even ETH, so till the time cryptocurrencies do not come into day to day use and common people start understanding blockchain concept and recognizing other cryptocurrencies, its very difficult for any altcoin to replace BTC.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Bitcoin will not be replaced by any altcoin in the future. With btc's continuous development no other alt can even match btc. It will continue to reign as the king of all cryptocurrencies which in the future will be globally adopted.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
i dont think bitcoin will be replace by any altcoin
all altcoin is traded to bitcoin vice versa
for me how can other altcoin dominate the market if they cant be traded in other altcoin like bitcoin
but who know what can happen someday its just my opinion

None of the existing altcoins can replace Bitcoin. Probably, in the future some cryptocurrency that can really replace BTC will appear. Now, it is not simply possible. People love Bitcoin too much.
not only that altcoin cannot replace bitcoin, but in terms of altcoin and bitcoin prices the comparison is still far, so whenever that bitcoin will become the number one coin until there are coins that can match the value of bitcoin
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
i dont think bitcoin will be replace by any altcoin
all altcoin is traded to bitcoin vice versa
for me how can other altcoin dominate the market if they cant be traded in other altcoin like bitcoin
but who know what can happen someday its just my opinion

None of the existing altcoins can replace Bitcoin. Probably, in the future some cryptocurrency that can really replace BTC will appear. Now, it is not simply possible. People love Bitcoin too much.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
According to me, it is not possible to overtake Bitcoin. Bitcoin will be number one cryptocurrency all the time and no altcoins can replaced it. Bitcoin price will increase very hardly in future.
I also think that its not going to happen, some says that it is possible in some manner but I say that its not going to happen even with those possibilities.

Numerous alts are there and if there will be one that will dominate the market including bitcoin then what it will be?
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
The total market share of altcoins will likely grow, as more and more currencies appear and take some money out of other coins, including btc. This money mostly comes from people willing to take risks and invest in something that may either make them a fortune or nullify their investments.  However, they only possible replacer for btc is Ripple, as it's backed up with big money. I don't see other possibilities, but of course, they may arise in the future.
Activity: 854
I totally see this as an impossible mission for altcoins. If you asked me why they are growing stronger day in and day out, I would simply say it’s because there is a strong coin in the market in the name of bitcoin to which they (altcoins) make reference to. Most of these altcoins have one or more things in common with bitcoin. So I think altcoins will still remain under bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 114
Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?
i thing altcoin coudn't be replace bitcoin the future because volume of bitcoin everyday always grow up than altcoin. a lot of investor still believe bitcoin because altcoin so many scamed  by people. and the future of bitcoin price are grow up than now.
Activity: 616
what do you mean ALTS? many altcoin? i think we dont need wait for the future, right now ALTS is replacing bitcoin, because right now there are many altcoin in the market, and makes the bitcoin popularity is decreasing
Pages:
Jump to: