Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will plummet to $10 by first half of 2014 - page 10. (Read 50087 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
You can spot them a mile away so avoid those people, but putting you faith in the likes of the IMF who make a precondition of lending $3.5 billion on condition you start a civil war and create income inequality as a business makes me think the obnoxious bitcoiners are the heavenly in comparison.
I grew up and still live in a country that was plundered by the IMF, with corrupt banks and politicians, and all that.  I have experienced runaway inflation, high taxes, stupid prohibitions, rotten public service, unfair justice, and more.  But I would still choose all that to the libertarian "Mad Max" utopia, and I put more trust in my government than in the Shrem Karpelès & Pierce Global Cryptobank Inc.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
... religious fanatics, obnoxious salesemen, or worse...

You can spot them a mile away so avoid those people, but putting you faith in the likes of the IMF who make a precondition of lending $3.5 billion on condition you start a civil war and create income inequality as a business makes me think the obnoxious bitcoiners are the heavenly in comparison.
For practical reasoning being wrong it's about as effective a doubling your 0 Bitcoin investment every day.
At least professor Bitcoin had enough doubt in his competency to actually invest USD and buy some Bitcoin.
I don't stay bitcoin-free because I trust my competency, but because (among other things) it seems to turn those who own it into religious fanatics, obnoxious salesemen, or worse...

legendary
This professor could not have been more wrong about this one.
Well, he could have said "50,000 USD by the end of Q2".  Grin
For practical reasoning being wrong it's about as effective a doubling your 0 Bitcoin investment every day.
At least professor Bitcoin had enough doubt in his competency to actually invest USD and buy some Bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
Let this thread fade away gracefully.

I would consider closing it might be a good idea, but at bitcointalk.org most topics get left open.
It stands as evidence showing how wrong the Bears can be.  Smiley

Who could have thought at the beginning of 2008 that the price of oil (yes, even oil) would fall from incredible $140+ to miserable $30 something within less than a year (that is more than 4 times). Could we consider this as an example proving how right the Bears can be? Wink
Well, he could have said "50,000 USD by the end of Q2".  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'

I would consider closing it might be a good idea, but at bitcointalk.org most topics get left open.
Activity: 384
Merit: 117
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

OP should come back and say he was wrong and mods should CLOSE IT down Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

Nice try professor.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
So I think first half of 2014 is really over now.
More than a month ago actually and it seems that we will be heading up in July.
You must be a programmer.  The first six months are 1 to 6, not 0 to 5.  Cheesy
It doesn't matter how you count them, there are still 6 months in half a year ("six of one and half a dozen of the other"), and the last of them ended more than a week ago. So it was a false prophecy by a false prophet. Smiley
Check the dates on those quotes.  On July 3rd, the first half had not ended "more than a month ago", only 3 days earlier.

Did I pretend it had? I was just telling that it didn't matter how you enumerated those months (0 to 5 or 1 to 6), since there are still 6 months that make half a year. Wink

Let's call it a day finally!
It doesn't matter how you count them, there are still 6 months in half a year ("six of one and half a dozen of the other"), and the last of them ended more than a week ago. So it was a false prophecy by a false prophet. Smiley
Check the dates on those quotes.  On July 3rd, the first half had not ended "more than a month ago", only 3 days earlier.

Activity: 476
Grin Grin Grin  if it come be true  i will buy it use all  money

Yep!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
 Grin Grin Grin  if it come be true  i will buy it use all  money
Activity: 476
legendary
Why hasn't any news place mentioned this yet...

What's there to talk about? Unless he decides to jump in front of a speeding train due to embarrassment.

Coindesk could do a little write up, no need to talk with him.
they did a little while ago, Professor Bitcoin actually sounded quite bullish.
he would have to be stupid to agree to an interview now with the intention of embarrassing him.
http://www.coindesk.com/mark-t-williams-on-the-flaws-and-opportunities-of-bitcoin/

http://www.coindesk.com/mark-t-williams-bitcoin-bulls-time-will-vindicate-prediction/

and then this he changed his prediction to “I am not alone in the view that bitcoin is in a hyper bubble that will eventually pop.”

later Professor Bitcoin admitted to Barry Silbert that he holds Bitcoin, so his public position and private position are not aligned. 
legendary
Activity: 1722
Why hasn't any news place mentioned this yet...

What's there to talk about? Unless he decides to jump in front of a speeding train due to embarrassment.

Coindesk could do a little write up, no need to talk with him.
Pages:
Jump to: