Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will plummet to $10 by first half of 2014 - page 9. (Read 50087 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***
This man was obviously wrong
The price fell 60 dollars over the last 6 days, or 10 dollars per day (and accelerating).  It will reach zero in 56 more days (or less), that is, by mid-September.  So it will be "middle of Q3" instead of "end of Q2".  Terribly wrong.  Grin

I honestly think the whole thread was a troll.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
The price fell 60 dollars over the last 6 days, or 10 dollars per day (and accelerating).  It will reach zero in 56 more days (or less), that is, by mid-September.  So it will be "middle of Q3" instead of "end of Q2".  Terribly wrong.  Grin
Activity: 476
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
His name is Professor Bitcorn.
Activity: 294
***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

Thread should be closed, the idiocy is too real.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 476
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Aaand another failed prediction. Roll Eyes
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Well we have passed the first half of the year and still way over 10 ! Talk about sticking your neck out. Ha FAIL.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
This user seems to be copy-pasting old posts of other users.  Reported.
Nice catch, but I'm curious how you spotted that, do you have an amazing memory? (which helped make the post seem familiar)
He copy-pasted a post of mine on another thread.

It caught my attention because his ideas were uncommonly sensible and remarkably well-put.  Grin

I hope somebody would copy-paste my posts too! Aren't they sensible at least to attract attention of copy-pasters? Wink
Activity: 252
Let this thread fade away gracefully.

I would consider closing it might be a good idea, but at bitcointalk.org most topics get left open.
It stands as evidence showing how wrong the Bears can be.  Smiley

OP should come back and say he was wrong and mods should CLOSE IT down Smiley
OP should never come back.
When he came back, he will find that they have committed such a grave mistake, he will be laughed at the Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
This professor could not have been more wrong about this one.
Well, he could have said "50,000 USD by the end of Q2".  Grin
but that was not what he was predicting. He was predicting that bitcoin would crash this year. It is did not. He was wrong.
The point is that his prediction "10$" was 1/60 of the actual price at the end of Q2 (~600$).  If he had said "50'000$", that prediction would be 83 times the actual price.

So his error woudl have been much bigger (in relative terms, that is, log scale) if he had said "50'000$" rather than "10$".  But in that case no one in this forum would have opened a thread to ridicule him, would they?  Wink
He'd have to post in the wall observe if he wanted ridicule. Wink
On the up side ideas are cheep let the good ones spread, no need to play idea police.
Nice catch, but I'm curious how you spotted that, do you have an amazing memory? (which helped make the post seem familiar)
He copy-pasted a post of mine on another thread.

It caught my attention because his ideas were uncommonly sensible and remarkably well-put.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
There were the same haters when bitcoin was less than $1. Now that the price has multiplied by 500x how many of those haters do you think have changed their tune? When the price hits $100,000 and they missed the boat, they will bash bitcoin even more still, because they will be so angry they missed out. Just makes me smile

Well, he could have said "50,000 USD by the end of Q2".  Grin
but that was not what he was predicting. He was predicting that bitcoin would crash this year. It is did not. He was wrong.
The point is that his prediction "10$" was 1/60 of the actual price at the end of Q2 (~600$).  If he had said "50'000$", that prediction would be 83 times the actual price.

So his error woudl have been much bigger (in relative terms, that is, log scale) if he had said "50'000$" rather than "10$".  But in that case no one in this forum would have opened a thread to ridicule him, would they?  Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I highly doubt bitcoin will crash this low. It will crash in the mid 300-400's then go to 6000$'s.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Well, he could have said "50,000 USD by the end of Q2".  Grin
There were the same haters when bitcoin was less than $1. Now that the price has multiplied by 500x how many of those haters do you think have changed their tune? When the price hits $100,000 and they missed the boat, they will bash bitcoin even more still, because they will be so angry they missed out. Just makes me smile
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
You can spot them a mile away so avoid those people, but putting you faith in the likes of the IMF who make a precondition of lending $3.5 billion on condition you start a civil war and create income inequality as a business makes me think the obnoxious bitcoiners are the heavenly in comparison.
I grew up and still live in a country that was plundered by the IMF, with corrupt banks and politicians, and all that.  I have experienced runaway inflation, high taxes, stupid prohibitions, rotten public service, unfair justice, and more.  But I would still choose all that to the libertarian "Mad Max" utopia, and I put more trust in my government than in the Shrem Karpelès & Pierce Global Cryptobank Inc.

Who selling a mad max Utopia, or an economic system under control of Karpeles? I'm working towards better than we have now and Bitcoin is a great platform to do that. Be the Chang you want to see in the world don't focus on fighting the things you don't want fight for the things you want. Where your focus goes is where your energy flows.

If you can afford to invest in 1 Bitcoin now's a good time to hedge. Worst case you're giving money to some Mad Max best case you're taking it away from him.
Pages:
Jump to: