Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin x banks - page 4. (Read 1962 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 11:44:35 AM
I really believe that Bitcoin will make the same effect to banks that youtube did to television ( at least).
This statement was made in a documentary from a long time ago that I watched.

So how far from that  you guys think we are now?

I don't think so mate. Banks have different visions of cryptocurrency. Money in a bank account accrues interest at a fixed rate, set by contract between the consumer and the bank. The currency itself can also change, typically through inflation which causes the value of each dollar in the account to erode. Although that erosion is tempered by the interest rate paid by your bank, it’s extremely rare for the bank to pay an interest rate that keeps up with actual inflation.while  bitcoin will change based primarily on market forces. With no regulating authority, and the supply of bitcoins in the marketplace fixed, the price of a single token is almost entirely dictated by supply and demand. This means that no government can erode a bitcoin’s value through inflationary policy, but it also means that the bitcoin is subject to far more severe swings in value.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 10:58:32 AM
as far as I think investing in bitcoin and bank are equally good, but for me it's still nice to save money in bitcoin than we keep it in the bank, because the opinion of the dibank is very low compared to bitcoin.

Yeah I agree with you Its very profitable investing in bitcoin than banks cause banks could give you a bit of profit by saving money for their and they really gained much profit than you cause of your saving but if you invest it on bitcoin it will give you more profit on the future and  I guarantee that.
Activity: 155
August 13, 2018, 10:32:48 AM
If central banks buy Bitcoin to hold it as a reserve, it would be a huge step forward. But even if that was the case, I think that only central banks of some developing countries would do it this year. I can't imagine that FED or ECB buying crypto right now. I mean, it's not impossible, but it will take a few more years until that happens.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders
August 11, 2018, 10:28:16 AM
There is no other option, because life doesn't stand still, and changes are needed. Bitcoin and blockchain are pioneers of the new banking system.
Activity: 292
Merit: 11
May 07, 2018, 11:00:40 AM
As Bitcoin grows, the more fearful they are. As the number of investors pouring into the BTC will be larger, banks will give up, but the fact is that banks do not give us high profits, although they are safe. But people like to invest high profits.
How strange for me, then, that so far, some people still have confidence in banks! And banks can be bankrupt. The only difference is that banks will not pay such interest with investments like bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
May 07, 2018, 10:48:42 AM
You can't compare BTC with youtube many have said it above.BTC and BanKs are distinctly different but BTC is superior to wide and worldwide publications,if BanK is favored only for the upper middle class I think.While BTC in the more favored for all circles with easy system doesvt must have documents to start a different investment with BanKs and I think BTC will be a winner when in a fight with the BanKs Wink.
He is just comparing the development part of Multimedia to the currency. Youtube and television is both multimedia while BTC and Banks are both belongs to currency section so it's​ comparable especially the progress. It is possible that someday. Banks will adapt the use of cryptocurrency since the bank digital currency is almost the same in crypto.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
May 07, 2018, 02:55:15 AM
You can't compare BTC with youtube many have said it above.BTC and BanKs are distinctly different but BTC is superior to wide and worldwide publications,if BanK is favored only for the upper middle class I think.While BTC in the more favored for all circles with easy system doesvt must have documents to start a different investment with BanKs and I think BTC will be a winner when in a fight with the BanKs Wink.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
May 07, 2018, 02:35:58 AM
Johannson probably implied in view of the fact that bitcoin would make a good competition to the banks and eventually win them. Only comparison bitcoin and banks with YouTube and television is not quite successful. But I agree with the author, bitcoin will push banks, at least they will make healthy competition.
First of all the context the op used about YouTube killing the use of Television is totally wrong🤔 you can’t tell me that YouTube has taken while there are millions of people making use of Television and every houses making it a priority. There are lots of people who also go to Cinemas too to watch movie. YouTube do have something to offer, but it’s not better than Television.

Coming to bank and Bitcoin, Bitcoin is like YouTube and is a good form of investment, but bank is like television and is a priority for every businessmen. Bank is here to stay forever and Bitcoin can’t beat it, cause it’s impossible. The only think Bitcoin can achieve is being the best investment asset.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
May 05, 2018, 11:41:11 PM
Many bank fear Bitcoin. And there are more reason present behind this. People mainly use for secure money transaction. But Bitcoin provide better secure money transaction facility with more advantage then bank due to this many people using Bitcoin instead of bank. Bitcoin provide its user an uninterrupted money transaction facility which is untraceable too. While bank doesn't provide such facility to its user. And in order to use bitcoin transaction their is no need to give full information of sender and receiver. And bitcoin provide faster transfer facility with low transaction cost. These thing makes Bitcoin better than bank ;)q
for someone who wants undercover and confidential transactions. of course they will prefer bitcoin rather than bank. but I don't think most people care about freedom and undercover. they prefer convenience and the bank gives it? comfort and ease in transactions wherever and accepted anywhere? so I don't think banks need to worry about it
Activity: 162
May 05, 2018, 11:26:53 PM
Investing in bitcoin and in bank can give you a profit. The difference is the profit that you gain is lesser in bank while in bitcoin, you can't tell when it will goes up or down.
Activity: 210
May 05, 2018, 10:57:22 PM
As Bitcoin grows, the more fearful they are. As the number of investors pouring into the BTC will be larger, banks will give up, but the fact is that banks do not give us high profits, although they are safe. But people like to invest high profits.
YED
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
May 05, 2018, 06:42:05 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency that, in the words of its sponsors, “uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks.” By its very definition Bitcoin seems well positioned to kill off central banks. Could it? Would it? Should it? Like just about everything else involving finance, the topic of central banks and their potential replacements is complex ...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2018, 04:49:54 PM
Many bank fear Bitcoin. And there are more reason present behind this. People mainly use for secure money transaction. But Bitcoin provide better secure money transaction facility with more advantage then bank due to this many people using Bitcoin instead of bank. Bitcoin provide its user an uninterrupted money transaction facility which is untraceable too. While bank doesn't provide such facility to its user. And in order to use bitcoin transaction their is no need to give full information of sender and receiver. And bitcoin provide faster transfer facility with low transaction cost. These thing makes Bitcoin better than bank ;)q
Activity: 289
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 07:36:33 AM
If you are intereste in my personal opinion, I think that there is a time coming, when banks will learn how to get their profit in bitcoin economy too Smiley
Activity: 496
Merit: 254
May 04, 2018, 06:47:58 AM
Dude, what you said just makes no single sense. I don’t see anything that YouTube did to Television. Even in today’s world where there is internet people still choose television over YouTube. People who don’t have YouTube or smartphones for internet still has Television. You will never go to average man’s house without seeing a television. Television is always one of the number one things to buy when you’re buying properties, so tell me how YouTube has taken over? Yes we watch YouTube, but we watch television more than we do YouTube, unless maybe you don’t have a television in your house.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
May 04, 2018, 01:57:24 AM
By that logic, no more TV shows should have been popular, no new series would have arised and no advertisements would suatain. But that certainly is not the case.
Youtube have not done much damage on tv, tv has its own place for people who love it. Similar is the case with banks and bitcoins. Bitcoins have done nothing that could simply replace  banks. Its just a digital form of money. Bamks have alltogether a vast oceam of tasks and services to  offer.

Now peopl want the services but theh dont want to pay the fees. Thats what has led to disliking for the banks. But in reality, banks safeguard our money in the most efficient manner possible. And bitcoin is not in any way a rival for banks. You would anyways need coalition of both for a smooth exchange and trade.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
May 03, 2018, 07:01:29 PM
Yes I agree with you. But if seen, bitcoin may interfere with financial stability in banking governance, with high volality risk because bitcoin value is determined by supply and demand interaction. Currently, some countries claim the negative effects of bitcoin, probably because bitcoin does not have price stability when transacting like digital money is exchanged for paper money (real) and it is difficult to record incoming and outgoing finances. When viewed in terms of positive, bitcoin has advantages compared with real financial transaction system, this is causing a ban on bitcoin in some countries. This is just my opinion
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 03, 2018, 06:52:48 PM
but as long as we are treating bitcoin as a type of investment and not as a legitimate currency that needs to be traded it still won't replace banks, people need to realize the real purpose of bitcoin so it can actually change their lives.

Bitcoin's market needs to mature in order to get people's mentality to change and use it as currency. That being said, people keep focusing on Bitcoin to become a 'proper' currency, while in reality it's only one aspect of Bitcoin. Bitcoin won't fail or lose popularity if its currency aspect doesn't turn out to be used much. Gold is the perfect example of how something that's still being seen as currency doesn't need to function as such. Bitcoin in almost every aspect offers more than gold does, and can be upgraded to become even more future proof, and that will definitely play out in its advantage in the coming years. Bitcoin's real purpose is functioning as tool to help you do what you want it to do, and that without being subject to centralization.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 06:35:38 PM
For me investing in bank is good but you are not earning high because if you put your money in savings account you earn a small amount so that bank and bitcoin is not same. Bitcoin you can earn higher but the situation here was to risky because the value of bitcoin was not stable but there is possible that you can earn if  you invest in the low value so that you can earn more in bitcoin than banks.
Activity: 504
Merit: 107
👨‍👩‍👧‍&#
May 03, 2018, 05:21:23 PM
if bitcoin will be like that I am not a problem because it is certainly no problem,
except if the banks in the world often criticize or even berate bitcoin and it is precisely the less good
Pages:
Jump to: