Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin x banks - page 8. (Read 1962 times)

Activity: 478
Merit: 113
April 19, 2018, 02:36:10 PM
I really believe that Bitcoin will make the same effect to banks that youtube did to television ( at least).
This statement was made in a documentary from a long time ago that I watched.

So how far from that  you guys think we are now?

I agree 100% with you. Bitcoin and the blockchain technology will indeed shape the financial future ahead of us. We are only still scratching the surface of what its potential is.

I also agree that the impact that it will make on everyday's life will be more and more evident.

Blockchain technology is really such a great change in the way we even conceive money and exchanging that it will prove to be an invention the likes of Internet itself, telephone, tv, radio and the likes.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
April 19, 2018, 02:06:12 PM
The best way is to invest in both of them, but so far now my priority is to have an investment in bitcoin, that is what I am focusing right now, as it is not profitable to invest in banks compare to bitcoin, since banks are just offering a limited interest rate for your investment.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
April 19, 2018, 01:59:43 PM
So here we are linking Banks to Bitcoin again. Banks are not scared of Bitcoin and if they are not accepting deposits coming from Exchanges it is because of regulation filed by their government, it is not their own decision.

My country has not regulated Bitcoin yet and even there isn't any clear law describing which tax citizens should pay for their income from cryptocurrencies (including mining, trading, selling). Most of the banks here block transfers to crypto exchanges for additional "security". Unfortunately, some of them stop providing their service to their clients if they sell and buy cryptocurrencies using fiat. Hopefully, Bitcoin ATMs are slowly more common here. Our Ministry of Finances finally declared that they will take care of cryptocurrencies soon.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
April 19, 2018, 01:52:21 PM
So what is the effect you are talking about? Because if you are talking about a negative effect I don't see one on Youtube to telivisions. T.V.s still has a lot to offer from good shows you won't watch in youtube like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, yes Youtube channels can review episodes of shows but they can never shor the full content of the show. Both of them offer different kinds of content as they are protected by copyright laws which Youtube strictly follows. Yes Youtube has a lot of visitors but TV channels are affected by their video streams.

So here we are linking Banks to Bitcoin again. Banks are not scared of Bitcoin and if they are not accepting deposits coming from Exchanges it is because of regulation filed by their government, it is not their own decision. Banks main way of earning is Lending money and storing your money is just a part of their business. As long as someone needs a loan from them they won't be threaten from Bitcoin.

Just about decentralizing content: now you can make videos and have people watching then, you can make money, marketing , and all these sorts of thing without being on TV.  Youtube is established.

So what you are saying is that there is no point on advertising on tv channels now because there is Youtube. If that line of thinking is correct then why are there still commercials being shown in televisions? Why are there still advertisements being shown within the show? Why are they even airing something in the first place? It is because even if you can show your ads in youtube there are still other target audience out there that are watching programs in a television also there are older age group where they prefer watching there tv sets rather than streaming something in their phone or tablet.

With Bitcoin you can trade without a bank. Bitcoin is not established as yt is.
Uhmm You ca even trade in the stock exchange without a bank, you only need one if you are either funding or withdrawing your money from a broker. Just like some cryptocurrecy exchange where they have an option to wire transfer your money to your bank account.
Activity: 322
Merit: 111
Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings
April 19, 2018, 12:50:10 PM
A couple of banks are beginning this year which means it isn't that far off. But to have the impact that Youtube did on streaming and creating television, I would think that development would take at least 5 years if not closer to 10. Switching banks is a major thing in life and you don't want to do it and not be absolutely sure. For that reason I think the trust will take a long time to build but once the trust is built then the transfer over will be much simpler.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
April 19, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
I really believe that Bitcoin will make the same effect to banks that youtube did to television ( at least).

Yeah, your post about youtub and television is true. Youtub brought an alternative to visual media and I think that is going to replicate again in the financial system where digital currency transaction would be the preferred choice because it is easier, faster with high level privacy.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
April 19, 2018, 11:48:46 AM
Just about decentralizing content: now you can make videos and have people watching then, you can make money, marketing , and all these sorts of thing without being on TV.  Youtube is established.

youtube is completely centralized! it is controlled by a company (Google) and they control and own your content even if you created and shared them there. and they can close down your account and delete all your content if they see fit.
a decentralized video sharing would be something like torrent where you have to actually share your content and nobody can block it because it is stored by multiple peers.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 11:15:05 AM
which I think is a bitcoin investment for me a safe and easy to use investment to make money, and so is the bank also good for saving money for real world needs.
Activity: 70
April 19, 2018, 11:29:14 AM
So what is the effect you are talking about? Because if you are talking about a negative effect I don't see one on Youtube to telivisions. T.V.s still has a lot to offer from good shows you won't watch in youtube like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, yes Youtube channels can review episodes of shows but they can never shor the full content of the show. Both of them offer different kinds of content as they are protected by copyright laws which Youtube strictly follows. Yes Youtube has a lot of visitors but TV channels are affected by their video streams.

So here we are linking Banks to Bitcoin again. Banks are not scared of Bitcoin and if they are not accepting deposits coming from Exchanges it is because of regulation filed by their government, it is not their own decision. Banks main way of earning is Lending money and storing your money is just a part of their business. As long as someone needs a loan from them they won't be threaten from Bitcoin.

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
April 19, 2018, 11:12:01 AM

Activity: 272
April 19, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
as far as I think investing in bitcoin and bank are equally good, but for me it's still nice to save money in bitcoin than we keep it in the bank, because the opinion of the dibank is very low compared to bitcoin.
Activity: 70
April 19, 2018, 10:43:53 AM

Pages:
Jump to: