Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinAverage.com - bitcoin price index - page 16. (Read 69935 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 102
November 29, 2013, 09:08:47 AM
Hi All

Shaun and I are both extremely busy with another bitcoin project of ours, preparing to BitcoinExpo in London tomorrow, but next week I'll reply to all posts/emails and will release several upcoming updates.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.
Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
November 29, 2013, 04:40:35 AM
My favorite site. Smiley
Add itbit.com for SGD.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Martijn Meijering
November 28, 2013, 03:27:19 PM
Maybe you could publish signed daily averages and notarise them on the blockchain with http://virtual-notary.org/, https://www.btproof.com/ and https://www.proofofexistence.com/?
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
November 28, 2013, 06:40:54 AM
Please quote prices in mBTC, not BTC. BTC is a thing of the past, we need to adopt mBTC. BitcoinAverage.com is very influential, please be the leader!

At the moment of writing:

Mtgox $1.092
Bitstamp $0.978
BTC-e $0.898

This should be by default, as bitcoin newbies would be unlikely to change the default.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
November 27, 2013, 09:21:54 AM
Hi guys,

Love the site! Would you consider providing cross rates, or at least more currencies? Andreas Schildbach has switched his Android app from bitcoincharts to your site because yours is more reliable, but unfortunately now it means I cannot display prices in my local currency (CHF) anymore.

It's really disconcerting to have to pick a foreign currency to display prices for any Bitcoin wallet, so even if you just calculate cross-rates through the dollar or euro rather than calculating directly from an exchange, it'd still be good to have a much wider pick of currencies to choose from.
November 22, 2013, 04:03:40 PM
Update on yesterday's BitcoinCharts issue.

This seems to be a misunderstanding rather than a technical problem - I didn't know that bitcoin.de is a bazaar like localbitcoins.com and not a trading engine. Yes, for such exchanges we are using a 6 hours sliding window average price as last/ask/bid exactly because of the nature of these exchange and possibility of such wild price swings.
We have averaged data from localbitcoins via direct integration, but we don't have it for bitcoin.de. And BitcoinCharts doesn't provide this data either, so I'm looking into options to integrate with bitcoin.de directly.
All other minor exchanges that were removed earlier from bitcoincharts integration are added back now. As long as it's all are trading engines and not bazaars it should not cause problems.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.
November 22, 2013, 06:45:36 AM
Bitcoin.de should be top priority, it hurts any of the currencies the most by far.

As stated in my last post we've tried to contact bitcoin.de many many times now, if there are any german speakers out there that feel they may have a better chance in pushing for an API please do email them.

Regards
Shaun at BitcoinAverage
November 22, 2013, 06:43:56 AM
For CampBX, can't you just hit http://campbx.com/api/xticker.php for the ticker price at least?  They don't give time or high/low, however...

Unfortunately not, they do not provide any volume data in their API! We have contacted every exchange where we relied on data from bitcoincharts, feel free to do the same and hopefully they will add the necessary data to their APIs.

Regards
Shaun at BitcoinAverage
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 22, 2013, 04:18:43 AM
Hi Alex,

we've just based our "reference rate" for our gift voucher service https//bit4coin.net on BitcoinAverage.

First of all, thanks for your service!  Smiley

Naturally, we would also love to see the EUR price containing as many reliable sources as possible, so would be great if you find a way to integrate bitcoin.de.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Dolf for bit4coin
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 21, 2013, 02:51:58 PM
Bitcoin.de should be top priority, it hurts any of the currencies the most by far.
Activity: 337
Merit: 265
November 21, 2013, 12:06:17 PM
Crossed orderbooks are completely natural on exchanges like bitcoin.de and localbitcoins due to manual order matching done by the users -- not automatically by the exchange!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 21, 2013, 11:50:48 AM
For CampBX, can't you just hit http://campbx.com/api/xticker.php for the ticker price at least?  They don't give time or high/low, however...
November 21, 2013, 11:37:02 AM
Hi All

I've suspended all integrations we have with BitcoinCharts.com, because their API is providing insane data randomly for all exchanges they have. This time it affected EUR ask/bid rates via bitcoin.de data.
Unfortunately this means that we will loose integration with several exchanges that don't have public APIs, they are:
  • campbx
  • bitcoin_de
  • btcmarkets
  • bitnz
  • anx_hk
  • fybsg
  • fybse

I'll check campbx, they used to have API which is not really effective, but probably I could do something about it. For others I have no solution as they provide no data.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.

upd:
bitcoincharts.com reply is: "This can happen from time to time during high loads."
I don't think we can use their data if it's unreliable "by design". So I'll try to reach out to bitcoin.de and other smaller exchanges to let them know that they have fallen out of our scope.
November 19, 2013, 11:54:48 AM
Hi

Dunno if somebody noticed, but there was a strange problem recently with several ask/bid prices, especially for GBP. I've tracked it down and it turned out to be not our problem, but bitcoincharts.com one. Right now for localbitcoins.com their API gives out completely insane data, for example:
Code:
{"volume": 833.055836750000,
"latest_trade": 1384874081,
"bid": 526.390000000000,
"high": 771.270000000000,
"currency": "GBP",
"currency_volume": 395804.676630362900,
"ask": 137.400000000000,
"close": 669.920000000000,
"avg": 475.1238262425665670723121550,
"symbol": "localbtcGBP",
"low": 345.470000000000}
notice ask four times lower than bid. When our system cannot reach localbitcoins.com directly - it falls back to use bitcoincharts.com API, and this caused data to be incorrect on some not easily traceable occasions.
Fixed now, we're not relying on bitcoincharts anymore for localbitcoins.com.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
November 19, 2013, 10:37:11 AM
Good news all around then!  Wink

A next step could be a mini-calculator similar to preev.com
November 19, 2013, 07:44:35 AM
Nice one on the Global Average!

Now, somebody please make an Android app ;-)

If you are familiar with 'Bitcoinium', michael the developer has been kind enough to integrate BitcoinAverage, and the update should be available soon!

http://imgur.com/QYkUpt7

Regards
Shaun at BitcoinAverage
November 18, 2013, 04:49:20 PM
I think Alex said at one point that it's better to email him about bugs, so I did. Also, keep in mind that this seems to be a one man show and I'm sure that man needs to sleep sometimes ;-)

Two men show actually, and yes, we sleep sometimes Smiley, and we both are in GMT+0 timezone.  Still, Shaun is the early bird, so he put things back up in the morning, and waited for me to apply proper fix next night.

Yes, I've found the core problem, one of the error checks was missing, so one particular type of faulty data exchanges give out in their APIs could cause our API parser daemon to go down. This time is was RMBTB, returning "null" for all values. Problem fixed for all exchanges, so this kind of thing should not happen again. Sorry for possible problems caused.

Also I've added a small feature, now it's possible to setup default base currency for global average. Click on the "global average price" link in the legend below total market volume and currently selected currency will be used as base for global average. This is cookie based, so applies only in the browser you clicked in.

Regards
Alex at BitcoinAverage.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
November 18, 2013, 01:08:27 AM
Still nothing. I have been trying this week to get my friends to start using this service instead of the Gox price. Hope it comes back!

I think Alex said at one point that it's better to email him about bugs, so I did. Also, keep in mind that this seems to be a one man show and I'm sure that man needs to sleep sometimes ;-)

+donated
+1
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
November 18, 2013, 12:02:21 AM
Still nothing. I have been trying this week to get my friends to start using this service instead of the Gox price. Hope it comes back! +donated
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
November 17, 2013, 09:41:17 PM
At this time the data on the main page is 75 minutes old.
Pages:
Jump to: