Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinAverage.com - bitcoin price index - page 17. (Read 69935 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
November 17, 2013, 06:44:51 PM
Is there a way to switch the currency for the global average to something different than USD? Supposedly it's only the default, but I can't find a way to change it.

At the moment here is no way to switch currency shown in the main block on top of everything, but you can see global average in other currencies shown down below, just under the total market volume figure for selected currency. Hmm, probably I can add an option to choose different default global average using a cookie setting. I'll think on this.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Martijn Meijering
November 17, 2013, 03:47:53 PM
Is there a way to switch the currency for the global average to something different than USD? Supposedly it's only the default, but I can't find a way to change it.
Activity: 147
Merit: 102
November 17, 2013, 03:36:07 PM
Nice one on the Global Average!

Now, somebody please make an Android app ;-)

Bitcoinium is working now on adding us as one of the data sources. Not sure when it will be ready for production, but I guess somewhere in near future.

Alex at BitcoinAverage
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
November 17, 2013, 01:17:46 AM
Nice one on the Global Average!

Now, somebody please make an Android app ;-)
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
November 16, 2013, 12:31:16 PM
BitcoinAverage Updates Index to Include Global Average
Ask and Ye Shall Receive
https://medium.com/p/9f0b7636aea5
November 15, 2013, 09:22:46 PM
It's behaving oddly today. When I first checked today it showed 385, then moments later shot up to 420, but the... tab bar? is showing 412.

I always have Gox ignored if that matters, but it's similar with them included (although less variation between price on website and tab bar).

Yes, several users reported strange behavior, probably this is to do something with recent update with global average, I did some background refactoring along with that. I'm looking into the issue.

Alex at BitcoinAverage
legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2013, 06:38:00 PM
Could you add a Google Doc IMPORT function to the API page? Might make it easier for a few people.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
November 15, 2013, 04:54:07 AM
It's behaving oddly today. When I first checked today it showed 385, then moments later shot up to 420, but the... tab bar? is showing 412.

I always have Gox ignored if that matters, but it's similar with them included (although less variation between price on website and tab bar).
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
November 15, 2013, 12:04:29 AM
Yes, I really like your site.  I hope you guys continue to do well.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
November 14, 2013, 12:39:32 PM
[...]
Yeah, we've been hesitating about this feature earlier, but recently we've got so many requests for it so it was just impossible to ignore anymore. So here is it. [\n]
We've called it "global average" and now it's sitting on top of all other currencies, quoted in USD. You can also see same global average quoted in every other currency in the legend area below currency market volume figure when you click on any currency.
Also, yes, this global average is of course also weighted basing on each currency market's total trading volume.
Also, yes, all this data is available in the API at https://api.bitcoinaverage.com/ticker/global/
All these calculations are done using fiat exchange rates provided by openexchangerates.org.

What we didn't do yet is adding a history tracking for it. We will do it as soon as I'll get to develop it.

Regards,
Alex at BitcoinAverage.

Great.

I like how the "ignore Gox" button only makes a difference of 0.6%  Grin
November 14, 2013, 11:54:58 AM
Wasn't sure if I should email you guys or what, but I guess I will put it here instead. I posted you guys as the recommended price ticker: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qefb9/today_is_the_day_we_stop_quoting_gox_prices/cdc21yq?context=3

and Yorn2 made a good suggestion. The ability to take into account the volume of all other known exchanges and convert the currency of those exchanges into USD. So, for example, if I want to see the approximate USD value across the entire bit coin economy, then I click a button somewhere and the website fetches the average value from mtgox, btchina, other exchanges, and bitcoin.de. The current price on btchina is 2219 and on bitcoin.de is 245 euro's. Convert both to USD and then track the impact of each currency via the volume for exchanges within that currency.

I feel it would give us a better approximation for the currency since it includes exchanges not limited to the currency in question.

Edit:
They replied here saying that they might implement something like this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qefb9/today_is_the_day_we_stop_quoting_gox_prices/cdcf9ba

Hi

Yeah, we've been hesitating about this feature earlier, but recently we've got so many requests for it so it was just impossible to ignore anymore. So here is it. We've called it "global average" and now it's sitting on top of all other currencies, quoted in USD. You can also see same global average quoted in every other currency in the legend area below currency market volume figure when you click on any currency.
Also, yes, this global average is of course also weighted basing on each currency market's total trading volume.
Also, yes, all this data is available in the API at https://api.bitcoinaverage.com/ticker/global/
All these calculations are done using fiat exchange rates provided by openexchangerates.org.

What we didn't do yet is adding a history tracking for it. We will do it as soon as I'll get to develop it.

Regards,
Alex at BitcoinAverage.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
November 13, 2013, 01:54:54 PM

Vote for BitcoinAverage as your favorite Bitcoin Project of Autumn 2013
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
November 11, 2013, 06:43:29 PM
Wasn't sure if I should email you guys or what, but I guess I will put it here instead. I posted you guys as the recommended price ticker: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qefb9/today_is_the_day_we_stop_quoting_gox_prices/cdc21yq?context=3

and Yorn2 made a good suggestion. The ability to take into account the volume of all other known exchanges and convert the currency of those exchanges into USD. So, for example, if I want to see the approximate USD value across the entire bit coin economy, then I click a button somewhere and the website fetches the average value from mtgox, btchina, other exchanges, and bitcoin.de. The current price on btchina is 2219 and on bitcoin.de is 245 euro's. Convert both to USD and then track the impact of each currency via the volume for exchanges within that currency.

I feel it would give us a better approximation for the currency since it includes exchanges not limited to the currency in question.

Edit:
They replied here saying that they might implement something like this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qefb9/today_is_the_day_we_stop_quoting_gox_prices/cdcf9ba
November 07, 2013, 05:18:07 PM
We have received many emails from people asking why we don't include Coinbase in our calculations. Unfortunately they have finally responded, refusing to publish their volume data Sad

Sorry but there isn't anything else we can do!
November 04, 2013, 09:40:10 AM
Looks like the data on bitcoinaverage.com hasn't been updated for 11 hours.  Can we get a status update here or on twitter?

It seems like its a fairly regular occurrence, when i came here on the 29th it had been running correctly since SuperP had posted, but it wasnt working at the time.

As with then, its not working now either, saying it hasnt been updated for 6 hours.

Sadly, if the information isnt accurate it isnt much use to me, which is a real shame because i was hoping it'd help me get a reputable live btc price, but if the information its reporting isnt the live price and i'd never know without keeping an eye on the site, its usefulness as a dependable service is slim.

Hopefully its reliability will be addressed soon, because it seems like a decent service if its working.

This was a rare occasion when two unrelated bugs coincidence caused not just a little glitch, but a rather long downtime. Normally these things not happen, and even things happening are getting addresses much quicker.

Also, for quicker response on urgent matters please send an email to [email protected], as I'm not checking this thread often enough.

Regards
Alex at BitcoinAverage.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
November 02, 2013, 03:43:08 AM
It seems like its a fairly regular occurrence, when i came here on the 29th it had been running correctly since SuperP had posted, but it wasnt working at the time.

As with then, its not working now either, saying it hasnt been updated for 6 hours.

Sadly, if the information isnt accurate it isnt much use to me, which is a real shame because i was hoping it'd help me get a reputable live btc price, but if the information its reporting isnt the live price and i'd never know without keeping an eye on the site, its usefulness as a dependable service is slim.

Hopefully its reliability will be addressed soon, because it seems like a decent service if its working.
October 30, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
Looks like the data on bitcoinaverage.com hasn't been updated for 11 hours.  Can we get a status update here or on twitter?

Unfortunately we were not aware of this until somebody emailed us! A small bug in monitoring_daemon.py prevented us from being notified and kept the backend down (which went down due to a bug in a recent commit).

This has now been fixed, if you spot old data in future, which should be pretty rare as generally the code is very stable now, please email us
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
October 29, 2013, 12:30:44 AM
October 24, 2013, 06:19:56 AM
Let me know if you want to discuss an advertising spot for your site on bitcoin buzz app on the Android Market.

However, well done... very user friendly.

Hi

Thank you for a proposition, but right now we prefer to keep site design as clean and simple as possible and are not interested in putting any advertisements on it.

Regards,
Alex at BitcoinAverage
October 24, 2013, 06:17:29 AM
First of all, I love the site, keep up the good work!

Is there any way you guys could add a 24h sliding window for the Gox-excluded price?  I noticed you have it for the regular average, but not the Gox-excluded average.  This would be a huge help, thanks.

Hi

Generally it's possible, but will require additional work I'm not in position to put in right now. Though I'll incorporate this for sure if someone would send a pull request with it. Or probably Bitcoinity could pull our data via API (and no-gox data also) and create nice charts for the community.

Alex at BitcoinAverage.
Pages:
Jump to: