Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinAverage.com - bitcoin price index - page 20. (Read 69935 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 102
September 11, 2013, 11:43:17 AM
Feature Request -

Allow me to choose which exchanges to include/exclude in the average.  Store this as a cookie so every time I return my preferences are remembered.

Thanks!

Hi

We've considered this as an option in the very beginning, but discarded as conceptually wrong approach. The purpose of BitcoinAverage.com is to give one well grounded average market price everybody can refer to. Excluding mtgox was a hard decision and we came to a compromise here to allow exclude only mtgox and nothing else.
If we would give an option to include/exclude any exchanges - there would be no single reliable price, but a mix of multiple irrelevant prices. So we would not implement such a feature, and would remove the "exclude mtgox" button as long as the mtgox situation will solve itself.

If you really need to exclude some exchanges and you have programming skills - you can easily do required calculations using our volumes API. All data you would need for that available at http://api.bitcoinaverage.com/exchanges/all.

Regards
Alex at BitcoinAverage
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 10, 2013, 11:35:27 AM
Feature Request -

Allow me to choose which exchanges to include/exclude in the average.  Store this as a cookie so every time I return my preferences are remembered.

Thanks!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 10, 2013, 09:40:43 AM
going to use this for near future thanks
September 10, 2013, 06:04:19 AM
I looks useful but you should add some features to simplify that.

Hi, thankyou for the feedback but could you explain a little further what you are referring to? What features would you like to see and what needs simplifying? Thanks!

For example you should change color of some number. If I visit you site, I don't know where to look first. What should I noticed first. Just bunch of number. Make there some key elements which attract visitors attention right after visiting site. Only then show them the rest.

Hmm, I partly agree and partly confused by your answer.
The agree part - yes, we might make the currently selected currency stand out more than others, so it would be little more obvious.
The confusion part - I really don't know what else could be done to attract more attention, as the prices are just in the middle of the page, biggest font. And after all I don't know what currency user is looking for when he comes to the site, so I can't show something first and then the rest - I don't know what should be "first".
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 05, 2013, 10:48:26 AM

Hi, thankyou for the feedback but could you explain a little further what you are referring to? What features would you like to see and what needs simplifying? Thanks!

For example you should change color of some number. If I visit you site, I don't know where to look first. What should I noticed first. Just bunch of number. Make there some key elements which attract visitors attention right after visiting site. Only then show them the rest.
September 05, 2013, 08:20:02 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 02:13:15 PM
Activity: 90
September 03, 2013, 10:21:28 AM
Great site, thanks!

My apologies if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have just ONE price across ALL currencies?
I believe a certain Magic the Gathering Card Exchange refer to ECB exchange rates for their internal conversions, found here http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html, maybe you could do something similar?

Example:
Market 1 - Volume 10000, Price 150, currency USD
Market 2 - Volume 2000, Price 105, currency EUR
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = 1.32 USD

Real price in USD = ( V1 * P1 + V2 * P2*1.32 ) / (V1+V2) = 148.1
Real price in EUR = ( V1 * P1 / 1.32 + V2 * P2 ) / (V1+V2) = 112.2
Activity: 29
September 02, 2013, 07:44:01 AM
Bitcoin.average is nice site and looks so user friendly site. I learn a lot of new things from this site.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
September 01, 2013, 07:19:19 AM
Great site, I use it all the time now... Cool
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
September 01, 2013, 05:41:11 AM
Would be nice of blockchain.info used your service for wallet valuation and general stats prices.
September 01, 2013, 05:28:57 AM
I'm actually working on a similar script to this one, but it scrapes every exchange i know of for every altcoin that i know of. Great minds think alike!

As far as i'm aware we have most exchanges covered. We have received many emails from users with new exchanges that we have then added, and this will continue so that all newly formed exchanges/trade platforms are considered. As for altcoins it is something we are very aware of, however we took the active decision to focus solely on bitcoin for the time being.

Thats what we need with everyone being Goxxed again. I hope that I can see a chart for the BTCAVG index in the near future

I know we keep saying this but charts are coming Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
August 30, 2013, 03:05:12 PM
Thats what we need with everyone being Goxxed again. I hope that I can see a chart for the BTCAVG index in the near future
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
August 30, 2013, 02:49:49 PM
I'm actually working on a similar script to this one, but it scrapes every exchange i know of for every altcoin that i know of. Great minds think alike!
August 30, 2013, 04:39:35 AM
Any way to get a graph of the average price ?

Same here!, i would realllllly like to get a graph of this.

donated yesterday btw, great site! Smiley

History can now be found in the API:

http://api.bitcoinaverage.com/history///

Charts will follow shortly! (thanks for the donation bitcoinspot.nl Smiley)

Very cool.

Mind if I implement using your API at my project?  (http://kryptotrader.com)

Of course you can!
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
August 30, 2013, 12:31:28 AM
great site, i use it a lot
Activity: 82
August 28, 2013, 01:24:06 PM
Very cool.

Mind if I implement using your API at my project?  (http://kryptotrader.com)
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
August 28, 2013, 05:30:38 AM
Any way to get a graph of the average price ?

Same here!, i would realllllly like to get a graph of this.

donated yesterday btw, great site! Smiley
Activity: 32
August 24, 2013, 10:32:21 PM
This is brilliant Cool The interface is simple and straight to the point. Thanks!
August 24, 2013, 10:38:58 AM
I think you should add some other high-volume exchanges -- BTCChina for one.

Six high volume Chinese exchanges added, including BTCChina, forming a properly weighted CNY rate. We're looking to add two more once they would supply us with ticker APIs for integration.

to be honest, I think Mt Gox should be deleted. the value is worth nothing, for the time being.

As a temporary measure until situation around MTGox will solve itself we've added an option to exclude MTGox from USD/EUR/GBP calculations. This is also reflected in the API at http://api.bitcoinaverage.com/no-mtgox/.
Pages:
Jump to: