Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoincash now is 3rd in CMC do you guys BCH can overtake bitcoin in future? - page 2. (Read 861 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
 it is very unlikely  (almost impossible) that an altcoin, especially Bcash, will overtake Bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency. And the market cap doesn't mean anything, it's just th my opinion, it is very unlikely  (almost impossible) that an altcoin, especially Bcash, will overtake Bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency. And the market cap doesn't mean anything, it's just the price of the crypto times the circulating supply. For example, If Bcash price goes down to 1k or less, then Ripple will take 3rd place, does that mean Ripple will be the #1 crypto in the future? No, why? because it's an altcoin. No he crypto times the circulating supply.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Bitcoin cash is a product of centralization. Transcending bitcoin is a false proposition. I don't think it will surpass bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin is recognized by the world. Bitcoin cash is only recognized by a small number of people. Smiley
Activity: 1022
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
As i see bitcoincash was very fast and reach to the 3rd place in coinmarketcap in just only a few months do you guys think that bitcoincash can overtake bitcoin in the future? How long do you think?

It can be happen . actually anything can happen . may be it take some few years . BCH transaction fees is low than btc yet. Bitcoin is a safe place right now. $8000 . BCH can overtake bitcoin . but bitcoin may will go far . actually nothing is predictable.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
BCH is probably the best play for shorting.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
Everything can happen including the opportunity to replace bitcoin, the thing that makes me like bitcoin cash is the speed and the cost is cheaper than bitcoin, this is certainly a mainstay of bitcoin cash to replace bitcoin someday.
The speed and cost of bitcoin is just fine currently (I assume you mean a bitcoin transaction fee when you say 'cost'). And the transaction fee gets high when there are a lot of people transacting Bitcoin. In the same conditions (that is, if BCH were as popular as BTC) BCH transaction fee would go to the moon too. Which, of course, will never happen, because BCH is just a minor coin, one of the many attempted copy-cats and copy-pastes of Bitcoin.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
Everything can happen including the opportunity to replace bitcoin, the thing that makes me like bitcoin cash is the speed and the cost is cheaper than bitcoin, this is certainly a mainstay of bitcoin cash to replace bitcoin someday.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
But i believe it can surpass bitcoin.

tell us why you think this.

i cannot one find single compelling reason why that would be possible. the current trough is a much needed breather for exchanges and other services to get their stuff together and start using bitcoin's blockchain sensibly. batching and more segwit will clean up a huge amount of the overload we had last year.

i'm not super convinced that lightning networks will solve much, but bitcoin is getting more developments all the time. bcash is not doing much other than sitting there attempting to con people into using it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
As i see bitcoincash was very fast and reach to the 3rd place in coinmarketcap in just only a few months do you guys think that bitcoincash can overtake bitcoin in the future? How long do you think?

But i believe it can surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 406
It's very possible since lightning network implementation on the bitcoin network is quite slow. Faster transaction confirmations is king nowadays as people are very strict with their time, as it should be. Once bitcoin can guarantee faster transactions, it will soar.

As we can see now bitcoin was deeply crushing from 19k to 8k USD now. In the other side BCH was still remain in his price. I am not a fan of BCH and i dont have any BCH holding in my wallet too but i think bitcoincash is also a good investment like bitcoin. Its just in my openion.
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
Ladies and gentlemen,  I suggest you zoom out and take a look at the big picture.  BTC has the first mover advantage yes but has seriously been messing up with the way they're going about things.   This isn't to say that BCH isn't doing the very same thing, but simply in a different way.   We're soon going to see many more millions of people join us in our little decentralized universe.   This WILL have an effect that none of us can foresee at this moment.   Whether it will be BTC, BCH or something else that both consumers, merchants and all other players deem easiest, safest, fastest to use / etc, is anyone's guess.   The door is completely open for any project to deliver something of value to the world right now to help it claim it's stake as top dog.   Sometimes we have to step out of our box to take a look at everything that's going on.   I reckon it's smart to do this every few months here with the speed things are currently moving.  Try it, it might help some of us breathe a little easier / better, too.  My 2 cents.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
No matter the level of growth of bitcoincash in the coin market it can not over take bitcoin not in any time soon, bitcoin is the king of crypto and all other cryptocurrencies depend on bitcoin success to survive bitcoin is the foundation of their success. Just pay close attention when bitcoin price rise you will see the price of other coins rising and when the price of bitcoin drop you also see all other cryptocurrencies drooping in price.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
It's very possible since lightning network implementation on the bitcoin network is quite slow. Faster transaction confirmations is king nowadays as people are very strict with their time, as it should be. Once bitcoin can guarantee faster transactions, it will soar.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
The bitcoincash is a pure manipulated cryptocurrency and despite of its place in the coinmarketcap, i don't think that it stands a chance to replace bitcoin because bitcoin cash is just an altcoin and the lightning network for bitcoin is coming so there is no reason for the bitcoin cash to be the replacement for bitcoin because bitcoin core developers are now solving the problems which makes bitcoin cash useless.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
It looks like BitPay is enabling Bitcoincash. Here is their latest update dated 26th Jan 2018:

https://blog.bitpay.com/bitpay-plugin-updates/

At BitPay, we want to make it as simple as possible for merchants to accept bitcoin payments. Our plugins with popular e-commerce payment solutions let online stores accept bitcoin without headaches or bitcoin price volatility risk.

These updates will open up new BitPay features coming soon to BitPay merchants, including Bitcoin Cash support.

If they can get a wide number of merchants to accept BCH, then that is bullish for the coin.

Bitpay is the owner, I believe, of the Copay wallet.  Which I presume very soon means I will get another piece of the BCH "airdrop" from the August 1 split.  I already have some I transferred some BCH (from an online wallet) to Copay, and am waiting on being able to use it.  It's THERE at Copay, but no way right now to get it out.

[PLEASE correct me if I am wrong about Bitpay owning Copay]

Yes, if Bitpay does start accepting it, more merchants almost certainly will "accept" BCH, via Bitpay.

I also was informed by DigitalBitbox that they too will soon support BCH, which means (for me) more BCH.

Looking kinda good.......   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It looks like BitPay is enabling Bitcoincash. Here is their latest update dated 26th Jan 2018:

https://blog.bitpay.com/bitpay-plugin-updates/

At BitPay, we want to make it as simple as possible for merchants to accept bitcoin payments. Our plugins with popular e-commerce payment solutions let online stores accept bitcoin without headaches or bitcoin price volatility risk.

These updates will open up new BitPay features coming soon to BitPay merchants, including Bitcoin Cash support.

If they can get a wide number of merchants to accept BCH, then that is bullish for the coin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
I do not think that Bitcoin Cash will take over Bitcoin but to be honest I am pretty surprised that it did end up third on the coin market cap. As of this writing Bitcoin cash is at 4th with Ripple, Ethereum and Bitcoin on 3rd to 1st respectively. If Bitcoin cash can take over Ethereum then I guess many people need to reevaluate if Bitcoin cash can took over Bitcoin, but as of now this will be merely impossible.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
I personally did not see that bitcoin cash ever took third place in the CoinMarketCap table. He seems to be constantly in fourth place, ethereum and ripple compete for second and third place. As for bitkoin himself in cash, he really has a lot of chances now if he does not become head of the crypto currency, then it is much higher and raise his rating, considering that the initial bitcoin is very sick now and in fact does not fully perform its main function of the payment facility. Bitcoin cash is devoid of these shortcomings, but many of his very beginnings of his appearance are criticized for being significant but centralized.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
BCH has such a value just because of the hype it has been created before, during and after the fork. There are far better improvements of Bitcoin out there, like Bitcore (BTX) which has done a little known "soft" fork of Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
I think it could be bitcoin cash overtake bitcoin, because bitcoin cash is a refinement of bitcoin, but for now bitcoin is still number 1, maybe in the future a better altcoin than bitcoin can overtake bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
I'm going to hodl some "just in case".
Pages:
Jump to: