Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts - page 23. (Read 211496 times)

Activity: 576
Merit: 503
What does the positive green bar at around $107.7 indicate here:

It means that the amount of asks up to that level has decreased in the past [time period].

OK, so what does the negative green bar next to it mean?  Bars above the axis mean "increase" and below mean "decrease" I think.

I'm beginning to think that the positive green bar is just a bug in the chart.

It's a bug I see all the time then, but maybe...

edit: comboy thinks it's a bug too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

It means that the amount of asks up to that level has decreased in the past [time period].

OK, so what does the negative green bar next to it mean?  Bars above the axis mean "increase" and below mean "decrease" I think.

I'm beginning to think that the positive green bar is just a bug in the chart.
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
I'm still confused:
1) it's on the right of any current prices in that 1 minute time slot, so it MUST be asks (according to the WTF? info on the graph)
2) it's green, so it MUST be asks decreased ( improves the chance of price going up, according to a comment I saw by the author)

So far so good. That matches what you've said, but:
3) it's positive.
Asks added on the right are red, and above the axis, so I thought asks removed would be green but below the axis.

What would you say the same bar would mean if it was green, at the same price, but below the axis?

Maybe above or below the axis doesn't mean anything then? Is it just used to avoid laying red and green on top of each other whenever possible?

edit: I think maybe genuise has given the least confusing answer so far.  Smiley
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Still trying to understand the market depth change bars.

http://ubuntuone.com/2KGRTRBQ4LQXK1qCOJpByj

For context, see discussion on reddit.

Personally I also was very confused about it since the very first time I saw them long ago. Which was one of the motives to start my own project.
And now I still confused with those bars. Gave up. Sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

legendary

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
what about an online counter in bitcoinity?
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
wtf are you saying the joker is great i love it. the snail doesnt bother me much. I just dislike it as it makes the scrollbar appear on my browser
Activity: 868
ve the goxlag lulzsnail.  FTW.

Yes, it is awesome!
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Hi,

Bitcoinity is the bomb.

However, your new background image is not.  It is hella distracting, dawg.  Could you please give us some way to turn it off?

Thanks.

PS, love the goxlag lulzsnail.  FTW.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
If you're using Chrome you can click "Inspect" and disable the background CSS in real time..

I wonder if this current run-up to $100 is an April fools too Smiley

much better. the joker is horrible after a while. It is a css property of the body tag.

Just in time for:

Activity: 369
If you're using Chrome you can click "Inspect" and disable the background CSS in real time..

I wonder if this current run-up to $100 is an April fools too Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
Ok, I get it. April Fools. The youtube video & nyan cat gave it away for me Grin

youtube video? nyan cat? 
i only see the background :/

Youtube video is when switching to 5 year chart, and the nyan cat (which I now see is actually a snail) happens when MtGox lags.
Activity: 473
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
Ok, I get it. April Fools. The youtube video & nyan cat gave it away for me Grin

youtube video? nyan cat? 
i only see the background :/

legendary
Activity: 1498
Question about the 'MtGox trading engine lag':

Do you (comboy) have some way to ascertain Mt. Gox's internal matching engine lag, or is this some generalized reflection of how long it took to get Huh expected info from them, or something else?

https://mtgox.com/api/1/generic/order/lag
What's with the joker background? :\

How can it be disabled?
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Question about the 'MtGox trading engine lag':

Do you (comboy) have some way to ascertain Mt. Gox's internal matching engine lag, or is this some generalized reflection of how long it took to get Huh expected info from them, or something else?

legendary
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I found a bug I think.  I was wondering 'how many coins to $100' so zoomed the depth chart out.  It got narrower, but the Y axis didn't adjust, and so I didn't get an answer to my question: ...

see also my last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1678473

Pages:
Jump to: