Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed - page 22. (Read 190168 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
August 31, 2012, 07:49:25 PM
As with all things BTCST, times are in US Central CDT (UTC-5)

Not sure if that is accurate or not, as BTCST time might actually be part of another space-time continuum.

Currently, BTCST Time is approx UTC +338.....for me, anyway. YMMV.

Fine fine, I'll be more specific.  When pirate says 8:30 pm, he usually means 8:30 pm US Central CDT (UTC-5)

Fair enough. So to be even MORE specific, is it safe to assume that when Pirate says Monday, it could very well be ANY Monday ?
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
August 31, 2012, 07:47:56 PM

Not sure if that is accurate or not, as BTCST time might actually be part of another space-time continuum.

Fine fine, I'll be more specific.  When pirate says 8:30 pm, he usually means 8:30 pm US Central CDT (UTC-5)
I heart thebaron
August 31, 2012, 07:44:13 PM

vip
August 31, 2012, 07:31:32 PM
Is it still thursday in some part of the world, or is it pretty definitely friday?

Question is not when Friday begins but when it ends....
Well shit. Haha. Empty promises seem to be the theme here....

It's Saturday already in much of the world.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
August 31, 2012, 07:26:49 PM
Is it still thursday in some part of the world, or is it pretty definitely friday?

It's Saturday already in much of the world.
Activity: 322
We are bees, and we hate you.
August 31, 2012, 07:18:00 PM

I heart thebaron
August 31, 2012, 06:35:33 PM
2) I have no interest in locking up 90 coins in escrow for 16 months unless you have some interest in paying me 0.75% per week on those funds.

If I were you, I would ensure you are getting 7% per Week on your coins. Anything less is just silly.
Activity: 449
August 31, 2012, 06:17:47 PM
It would be easy to show a jury that pirate told his pass-throughs to supply sub-account information, therefore he could not use that as (legal) justification to claim his contract terms were broken.

Give it up. BTCST will never be in front of a jury. I will book odds on it if you think that scenario is realistic. Off the top of my head, I'd offer 8:1 or more. Let me know if you want to give me action & how much you'd want to risk.

This might be a good way to pay for court costs.

Are you willing to go as high as $100,000 ?

(That is if by jury you mean a Judge in court)

Cuz the flood please PM me if serious.

LOL...no, I'm not good for $100,000 of action. For that kind of scratch, you could get anything in front of a jury. I will offer 8:1 and put a maximum of 90 BTC at risk that BTCST/Trenton never stands in front of a jury before 12/31/2013.

If we can locate a mutually agreeable escrow, I'll bet my 12 BTC against your 90 BTC that any entity that ends up being the real-life incarnation of pirateat40/BTCST is engaged in either a criminal or civil action by 12/31/2013.

1) Being "engaged in a criminal or civil action" is far different than being in front of a jury, which is what I was initially responding to. So it would be dumb for me to take the bet at the same odds once you have so drastically changed the terms

2) I have no interest in locking up 90 coins in escrow for 16 months unless you have some interest in paying me 0.75% per week on those funds.

I still think it's highly unlikely that Pirate will be "engaged in a criminal or civil action" in connection with BTCST. If you want to negotiate terms and odds and be reasonable, let's start a new thread and I will entertain that.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2012, 05:55:49 PM

Activity: 322
We are bees, and we hate you.
August 31, 2012, 05:46:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
August 31, 2012, 05:41:53 PM
I'll bet my 12 BTC against your 90 BTC that any entity that ends up being the real-life incarnation of pirateat40/BTCST is engaged in either a criminal or civil action by 12/31/2013.

You overshot the mark...and undershot, all at the same time.

Reduce the time frame by 1 year or more and increase your bet by 1000 BTC or more.......but try to keep the above ^ odds, as you will get paid  Wink

I'veBeenBit offered 8:1 with a max exposure of 90 BTC. I'm trying to take him/her up on it, with odds ever-so-slightly more favorable to him/her. He/she set the date. I'm good with it. The only clause I am adding is requirement for escrow.

You trying to skewer my Good Thing? Thanks! IOW bugger off!

Oh - group hug
I heart thebaron
August 31, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
I'll bet my 12 BTC against your 90 BTC that any entity that ends up being the real-life incarnation of pirateat40/BTCST is engaged in either a criminal or civil action by 12/31/2013.

You overshot the mark...and undershot, all at the same time.

Reduce the time frame by 1 year or more and increase your bet by 1000 BTC or more.......but try to keep the above ^ odds, as you will get paid  Wink
legendary
August 31, 2012, 05:34:28 PM
I did the English->Albanian->German->Portuguese->English Google translation on one of his posts and it seemed to clean it up a bit. Less words same meaning.

Albanian hackers stole several of my Facebook pages. True story. I hate to paint all Albanians with the same broad brush, but I'll be happy if I never use google translate to or from Albanian for the remainder of my lifetime.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
August 31, 2012, 05:28:37 PM
Zyk is the first person I've ever felt the need to ignore. It's like a chipmunk chattering, there's noise but.... it doesn't have meaning that I can decipher and the anthropology team keeps standing around behind me muttering "alien".

I did the English->Albanian->German->Portuguese->English Google translation on one of his posts and it seemed to clean it up a bit. Less words same meaning.
vip
August 31, 2012, 03:32:36 PM

Ever asked, why everybody gets a headache when am posting?

We don't wonder, we know why.. its because you need to learn some GD English.
Activity: 893
August 31, 2012, 03:29:03 PM
Zyk is the first person I've ever felt the need to ignore. It's like a chipmunk chattering, there's noise but.... it doesn't have meaning that I can decipher and the anthropology team keeps standing around behind me muttering "alien".

So yeah I gave in and did the iggy thing. Just had to, it's like divorcing a nagging shrew so you can shoot yourself in peace and quiet without someone asking you if you cleaned that gun first.

+1 Thanks for the laugh
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
August 31, 2012, 03:28:12 PM

So yeah I gave in and did the iggy thing. Just had to, it's like divorcing a nagging shrew so you can shoot yourself in peace and quiet without someone asking you if you cleaned that gun first.

Thanks, Ilikeham.  You made me LOL.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 31, 2012, 02:59:39 PM

legendary
August 31, 2012, 02:48:12 PM
It would be easy to show a jury that pirate told his pass-throughs to supply sub-account information, therefore he could not use that as (legal) justification to claim his contract terms were broken.

Give it up. BTCST will never be in front of a jury. I will book odds on it if you think that scenario is realistic. Off the top of my head, I'd offer 8:1 or more. Let me know if you want to give me action & how much you'd want to risk.

This might be a good way to pay for court costs.

Are you willing to go as high as $100,000 ?

(That is if by jury you mean a Judge in court)

Cuz the flood please PM me if serious.

LOL...no, I'm not good for $100,000 of action. For that kind of scratch, you could get anything in front of a jury. I will offer 8:1 and put a maximum of 90 BTC at risk that BTCST/Trenton never stands in front of a jury before 12/31/2013.

If we can locate a mutually agreeable escrow, I'll bet my 12 BTC against your 90 BTC that any entity that ends up being the real-life incarnation of pirateat40/BTCST is engaged in either a criminal or civil action by 12/31/2013.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
August 31, 2012, 12:27:01 PM
I'm missing a little more information about what's going directly from Payb.tc and/or Pirate. Status updates would be really nice because right now it looks like nobody does anything except twiddling thumbs.

You will not get any. The only one who does not twiddle his thumbs is the pirate, but all the pirate ever uttered were lies, and that will not change now.

But you should know pretty well what he is doing now. He is executing his well-planned departure.

Really seems that the good old pirate ( besides some others ), is the only one knowing to play his hand and not just thumps.

For bitcoinmax there won´t be left crumps Wink

Not going to Vegas and assuming a big fell swoop coming......is really even more ignorant than not changing the OP at first hint!

Cheers Zyk
Pages:
Jump to: