Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed - page 30. (Read 190168 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2012, 03:20:36 AM
I admit asking ppt owners to supply details is rather odd. But the situation we have here is pirateat40 has all depositors by the balls. That's the unfortunate truth. If we want see any coins again we have to dance to his tune, however unpleasent it may be.

That is correct, with the qualification that he has only those on his leash who still irrationally believe to get any money back. Needless to say, nobody will see a penny.

Legally, if somebody has a contract with payb.tc or with anybody else, nobody outside that contract has any right to demand anything. The only sensible procedure is that your contract is fulfilled and the other contract, for example between payb.tc and the pirate, is none of your business.

The pirate is playing his cards well. What he really wanted is to confuse you so much that you fail to notice this next delay tactic. It seems to be working incredibly well. The pirate is certainly not underestimating the boundless stupidity of humans. Could hardly stop shaking my head when I read this thread up to here.

On top of that he gets data that he would not otherwise be able to obtain. I can only guess what he wants it for, but it certainly smells very fishy.

--
The two most prevalent elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity, but not necessarily in that order.

my guess is:

pirateat asked for that information to let all ppt owners think that he would only pay out principal.

as (most) of the ppt-owners have old accounts their principal is not very big compaired to their gained interest -> that makes them fear that if they disclose this information they get only a very small cut.

which results in what we see now: ppt-account holders try to convince ppt-owners to tell their info to pirate - and they dont want to. which basically means he could blame the ppt-owners now why it takes longer.

it just seems to be a "buy-time" tactic. and another good thing for him: many people thinks ppt-owners are scammers. with a little fud not all the dirt is thrown at him.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
August 30, 2012, 03:12:39 AM
I admit asking ppt owners to supply details is rather odd. But the situation we have here is pirateat40 has all depositors by the balls. That's the unfortunate truth. If we want see any coins again we have to dance to his tune, however unpleasent it may be.

That is correct, with the qualification that he has only those on his leash who still irrationally believe to get any money back. Needless to say, nobody will see a penny.

Legally, if somebody has a contract with payb.tc or with anybody else, nobody outside that contract has any right to demand anything. The only sensible procedure is that your contract is fulfilled and the other contract, for example between payb.tc and the pirate, is none of your business.

The pirate is playing his cards well. What he really wanted is to confuse you so much that you fail to notice this next delay tactic. It seems to be working incredibly well. The pirate is certainly not underestimating the boundless stupidity of humans. Could hardly stop shaking my head when I read this thread up to here.

On top of that he gets data that he would not otherwise be able to obtain. I can only guess what he wants it for, but it certainly smells very fishy.

--
The two most prevalent elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity, but not necessarily in that order.

http://www.dailytech.com/Pirateat40+Makes+Off+56M+USD+in+BitCoins+From+Pyramid+Scheme/article25538.htm

http://rt.com/usa/news/investors-currency-digital-fund-868/
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
August 30, 2012, 03:10:05 AM
Say Fri 00:00:00 utc.

Is that okay?
Activity: 812
August 30, 2012, 03:05:23 AM
Can you let us know by end of today payb.tc if you can't or won't send pirate details, so I can email them directly to pirate instead?

first, please tell me when the end of today is.
legendary
August 30, 2012, 02:55:17 AM

If ppt customers don't want their details passed on, that's fine. No problem. As long as your aware you less likely to see any coins returned. As I said, unpleasant, but he's got us by the balls. Whilst he holds our coins hostage, he calls the shots. That's the reality.

I wish my details to be passed on. Can you let us know by end of today payb.tc if you can't or won't send pirate details, so I can email them directly to pirate instead?
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
August 30, 2012, 02:48:53 AM
In truth, Payb.tc is the only "account" of BCS&T, and therefore is owed the entire amount. I'm not sure how I feel about pirate getting your entire customer list, with bitcoin addresses and email addresses.

+1

i don't see how bitcoinmax account details have anything to do with pirate or BS&T.

it's pretty simple... he needs to pay out my BS&T account to my BS&T withdrawal address.

if only a smaller proportion of that can be paid out, then i'll pass that smaller % on to bitcoinmax account holders.

the "FIFO" thing was only a side-effect of ordering by USER ID (a number), but it doesn't mean if only only get 50% back later accounts will miss out... if i only get 50% back, then all accounts will get 50% back.

You could have clarified this in the Op, when i first asked you to do.....as Bitcoinmax could still have been considered  a legal but failed buiseness, who will distribute remnants evenly.

It´s to late now ..... its considered an intended ponzi !!....for claryfying that it ain´t so  --now:   you please subtract all the interest earned during operation from each accounts balance

( because that are all - ill gotten gains ) and take those BTC in escrow....when any payment comes from pirate you start paying back principal from bottom up !!

Example: there are coming as many coins as you got accounts :  each account one coin......and so on till the smallest account is closed out first.....zykloogish?

and please post this in OP !                                ---do this before pirate will do this for you---

Cheers Zyk

August 30, 2012, 02:34:37 AM
it is very unlikely that i will be sending pirate the details of bitcoinmax accounts.

Do you mean that in the general sense of the complete account list, or even in the individual cases where you've been specifically asked to?  Disclaimer: I'd like my BTCMax info passed to pirate ASAP, by the Fri deadline at the very latest.

i think this information is totally irrelevant to *my* account at BST.

Do you mean your personal account or the totality of the BTCMax PPT?

Either way, pirate's announcement of default and statement of terms for the ensuing wind-down make that information *very* relevant.  

I hope you choose to accept the terms of the wind-down, so we (your customers) don't get left out of whatever settlement may be forthcoming.

One more thing, and this is a biggie.  The reason pirate wants to pay us PPT customers directly is to ensure that there is no funny business with the settlements.  

Lawyered up or not, at this point it makes sense for him to remove as much counterparty risk as possible, to best minimize chances of further uncertainty/rancor/dissatisfaction/unpaid accounts and ensuing litigation or other negative consequences.

i only have one account at BST. it contains everything.

whether there is any 'funny business' within bitcoinmax is also irrelevant to pirate and my BST account being paid out. if he can prove he sent ~168300 to me (and everyone by now knows my bst withdrawal address - 19kEo3qmuUdAQb1Q7VZhRwahw5v3NSZCeW), then that's as far as his responsibility goes.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 30, 2012, 02:17:38 AM
it is very unlikely that i will be sending pirate the details of bitcoinmax accounts.

Do you mean that in the general sense of the complete account list, or even in the individual cases where you've been specifically asked to?  Disclaimer: I'd like my BTCMax info passed to pirate ASAP, by the Fri deadline at the very latest.

i think this information is totally irrelevant to *my* account at BST.

Do you mean your personal account or the totality of the BTCMax PPT?

Either way, pirate's announcement of default and statement of terms for the ensuing wind-down make that information *very* relevant. 

I hope you choose to accept the terms of the wind-down, so we (your customers) don't get left out of whatever settlement may be forthcoming.

One more thing, and this is a biggie.  The reason pirate wants to pay us PPT customers directly is to ensure that there is no funny business with the settlements. 

Lawyered up or not, at this point it makes sense for him to remove as much counterparty risk as possible, to best minimize chances of further uncertainty/rancor/dissatisfaction/unpaid accounts and ensuing litigation or other negative consequences.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
August 30, 2012, 12:59:01 AM
Where I come from you don't demand shit when you are in dept of someone.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Mostly Harmless...
August 30, 2012, 12:48:43 AM
you could make a yes/no question on bitcoinmax.com where you ask each user if he wants his info passed to pirate (and what will contain this info). after that is just a few minutes job to filter the users

Seconded, I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  Seeing as how this information needs to come from a trusted source, it would alleviate the confusion of everyone trying to send in their info separately.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
August 30, 2012, 12:31:15 AM

if he pays out all the accounts he has info for, then he'll be paying payb.tc 168300+ btc.

he has info for me, and my account.

You're assuming he is following a rational set of rules.  In reality, he can just as easily make up whatever rules he wants--regardless of it anyone else seems they are reasonable or fair.
I know, I think that Goat jumped the gun when he assumed that p@40 was going legal.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 30, 2012, 12:21:56 AM
In order to participate in BTCST I had to use the service of BitcoinMax since there was no way to do it directly with pirate.

Not true, you could of just opened one of his savings account directly. Though I think there was a minimum of 100btc deposit.

No, you needed a referral. There were people offering 100btc just for the referral and not having any luck.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
August 30, 2012, 12:20:55 AM
In order to participate in BTCST I had to use the service of BitcoinMax since there was no way to do it directly with pirate.

Not true, you could of just opened one of his savings account directly. Though I think there was a minimum of 100btc deposit.

I heard that Pirate was referring people to use a pass through service.

legendary
August 30, 2012, 12:11:51 AM

Activity: 467
August 30, 2012, 12:07:21 AM
if he pays out all the accounts he has info for, then he'll be paying payb.tc 168300+ btc.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.
Activity: 737
August 29, 2012, 11:59:37 PM

You're assuming he is following a rational set of rules.  In reality, he can just as easily make up whatever rules he wants--regardless of it anyone else seems they are reasonable or fair.
Activity: 237
August 29, 2012, 11:53:12 PM
by the way, it is very unlikely that i will be sending pirate the details of bitcoinmax accounts. i think this information is totally irrelevant to *my* account at BST.

also, there's a limit to how much more time i can spend on this without getting paid... i also have to focus on where my next paycheque is going to come from.

Thanks for this.
Activity: 134
August 29, 2012, 11:37:30 PM
you could make a yes/no question on bitcoinmax.com where you ask each user if he wants his info passed to pirate (and what will contain this info). after that is just a few minutes job to filter the users
Activity: 350
August 29, 2012, 10:41:13 PM

by the way, it is very unlikely that i will be sending pirate the details of bitcoinmax accounts. i think this information is totally irrelevant to *my* account at BST.

While I agree, unfortunately there are also 370 odd people involved so it might not be that clear cut.

If people want you to pass on their info, you probably should.   Imagine if you don't pass it on and then pirate pays out all accounts that he has info for.  People will be.... displeased with you (and the amount of keyboard warriors on this cesspool of a forum is seemingly unlimited).

Sure, but the way he's worded it, either he pays everyone individually, or not at all.

Legalities of that aside, it would be most annoying to got get paid because we haven't followed his rules, as unlikely as that is aside.

Tricky.
August 29, 2012, 10:36:43 PM

While I agree, unfortunately there are also 370 odd people involved so it might not be that clear cut.

If people want you to pass on their info, you probably should.   Imagine if you don't pass it on and then pirate pays out all accounts that he has info for.  People will be.... displeased with you (and the amount of keyboard warriors on this cesspool of a forum is seemingly unlimited).

Pages:
Jump to: