Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's freedom is Absolute! - page 4. (Read 580 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 8
December 01, 2022, 02:48:46 AM
Bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto to make us not to be dependent on third parties such as government and banks to control our money. Satoshi gave us the opportunity to control your coins (money) without the interference of anyone. He also made us know that bitcoin is an alternative currency to fiat. This will mean that there is no limitation with bitcoin. Bitcoin is an absolute freedom.

My point is that people should stop making others feel that they are not enjoying the freedom introduced by Satoshi by not following bitcoin principles strictly. Freedom is freedom and should mean freedom.

• If I decide to live a private life that no one knows how much I own, that is great and it is called freedom
  • If I decide to do KYC on all the exchanges and gambling sites, that is freedom
  • If I decide to leave my coins on exchanges, that is my choice, and it is called freedom
  • If I decide to share my private key with everyone I know, that is freedom
  • If I decide to use and reuse one particular address for all my transactions, that is freedom

My point is, no one should detect for anyone how to enjoy the freedom. You can only advice or teach, stop seeing people using exchanges or doing kyc as anti bitcoin.

I don't consider any action that is against the tenets of a concept (Bitcoin) an expression of "freedom" in any way. Most of the activities you listed above are not in line with what/how Bitcoin is or should be. Of which would portray the whole idea faulty when loss of funds comes from any of such activities, and as such I suggest right be right and wrong, wrong.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
December 01, 2022, 02:18:11 AM
Too much of everything, they say is bad. Since Bitcoin is freedom and as such, one should be left to his/her devices as relates to how they handle their coins or on which exchange they choose to keep it, but I feel it's a bit necessary to atleast help those who are new to the system, especially the starry eyed newbies and naive investors.

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
November 30, 2022, 07:04:04 PM
Too much freedom is also bad and those examples that you've given should also be given a reminder to the people that are enjoying yet didn't noticed that they're abusing their freedom.

You can only advice or teach, stop seeing people using exchanges or doing kyc as anti bitcoin.
I don't see them as anti bitcoin but even advising them to avoid storing it there based from the happenings that we're seeing. We just want the best for ourselves and to everyone.
Activity: 882
Merit: 302
November 30, 2022, 06:58:19 PM
My point is, no one should detect for anyone how to enjoy the freedom. You can only advice or teach, stop seeing people using exchanges or doing kyc as anti bitcoin.
Then that so-called “free” person should not complain when the centralized whom he/she freely chose to hodl coins decides to file for bankruptcy. Encouraging people to use bitcoin to the fullest capacity isn’t slavery, it surely isn’t trampling on your rights to free will, I think it’s a bad message you’re spreading, there are a lot of visitors who come to the forum every now and then to get valuable information and I believe this post may be misleading in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 2748
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
November 30, 2022, 05:54:08 PM
The possibility of freedom has always been available but it gets corrupted and then the wrong system repeats itself and it's happening with bitcoin.

It is possible, but it is not enough just to have a technological tool like bitcoin, it is the individuals who execute all those premises that you mention, otherwise it does not work in its original idea. And of course, then it becomes corrupted, it begins to be corrupted using centralized exchanges, and giving in to privacy, among others.

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 30, 2022, 05:46:43 PM
It is indeed!
We always have our choice in using bitcoin and that is freedom, but we need to think about the outcome of our decision because sometimes the freedom that we seek will perhaps give us the worst scenario. True freedom is that no one will control you and that is why bitcoin was created because of freedom against the government.
That is why we need to educate those who are new to cryptocurrencies because they did not know what they do, they think it is freedom but it turns to the dark side like losing your money.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
November 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM
Even though we want to enjoy total freedom and all the advantages that come with freedom, we should not forget that freedom is not free and it comes with a cost.
How we handle our independence/freedom matters in the outcome of our life, just like the points you mentioned are all aspects of freedom but the freedom Satoshi was aiming at is freedom from control and access to our money from third parties and privacy cautiousness.

I agree every right and freedom has equal responsibility and obligation and Satoshi created Bitcoin for p2p electronic transfer that does not need third party.

Giving up our identity and privacy is not part of that freedom and am sure you were just being sarcastic when you mentioned, giving out private keys as part of freedom.

Op is saying a person has the freedom to choose which option he will take.  Whether he will submit his KYC or not is up to him.  Besides these institutions can never force us to submit our information if we are not using their service or has no hostage huge fund in their platform.  Still, the entrusting of the fund to their platform is still a freedom for us to choose whether to do it or not.  The point in @OP's post is the freedom to choose, IMO.

Activity: 882
Merit: 507
November 30, 2022, 04:56:10 PM
Even though we want to enjoy total freedom and all the advantages that come with freedom, we should not forget that freedom is not free and it comes with a cost.
How we handle our independence/freedom matters in the outcome of our life, just like the points you mentioned are all aspects of freedom but the freedom Satoshi was aiming at is freedom from control and access to our money from third parties and privacy cautiousness.
Giving up our identity and privacy is not part of that freedom and am sure you were just being sarcastic when you mentioned, giving out private keys as part of freedom.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
November 30, 2022, 04:41:44 PM
Good way explained about the meaning for freedom connecting with all the ways people miss out freedom using cryptocurrencies. Even now people are with a state of mind, using centralized services is good for some reasons. Particularly getting help, if something wrong have happened with our transaction. Some were not in a situation to understand that having the key gives us the complete control over the wallet. This will change and to experience the change it takes time and even now we're at the earliest days of cryptocurrency usage around the world.
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 30, 2022, 03:27:36 PM
Bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto to make us not to be dependent on third parties such as government and banks to control our money. Satoshi gave us the opportunity to control your coins (money) without the interference of anyone

But it's a pity some people are yet to know how they can be decentralized with bitcoin and instead they got engaged on a centralized exchanges to acquire their bitcoin and have it stored with them, bitcoin is meant to be decentralized by all means it's involved.

He also made us know that bitcoin is an alternative currency to fiat.

There's no doubt about this because bitcoin has rendered us many opportunities fist couldn't have given over the years that's why we have a large number of people on the look for the word bitcoin on the internet to know and engage their financial freedom through it

rby
Activity: 742
Merit: 611
Brotherhood is love
November 30, 2022, 02:52:19 PM
Bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto to make us not to be dependent on third parties such as government and banks to control our money. Satoshi gave us the opportunity to control your coins (money) without the interference of anyone. He also made us know that bitcoin is an alternative currency to fiat. This will mean that there is no limitation with bitcoin. Bitcoin is an absolute freedom.

My point is that people should stop making others feel that they are not enjoying the freedom introduced by Satoshi by not following bitcoin principles strictly. Freedom is freedom and should mean freedom.

• If I decide to live a private life that no one knows how much I own, that is great and it is called freedom
  • If I decide to do KYC on all the exchanges and gambling sites, that is freedom
  • If I decide to leave my coins on exchanges, that is my choice, and it is called freedom
  • If I decide to share my private key with everyone I know, that is freedom
  • If I decide to use and reuse one particular address for all my transactions, that is freedom

Pages:
Jump to: