Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's value vs Ethereum - page 5. (Read 15713 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 05:05:40 AM
Bitcoin is increasing and non stop...
Should I SELL my home to invest into BTC?
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
December 07, 2017, 04:45:40 AM
I used to think that, as the value of bitcoin appreciates, so also should the value of Ethereum. But it seems the reverse is the case.
My question is, Why is it so? I need your opinions, for clarity sack and a better understanding that would really stand as a guide.
Usually it is, but now the etherium has technical problems. Therefore, its price has slightly decreased

There is a possibility due technical problem that etherium experiencing that is why the price started to decline, but once  this is fix there is a chances of pumping up the price of ETC. because of the continuous raise of Bitcoin price may be some of the investors are looking for a potential coin to buy that is why
ETC system start to flood that is why the system stared to fail and maybe in the next few days you can witness how ETC price pump up.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
December 07, 2017, 04:44:11 AM
I used to think that, as the value of bitcoin appreciates, so also should the value of Ethereum. But it seems the reverse is the case.
My question is, Why is it so? I need your opinions, for clarity sack and a better understanding that would really stand as a guide.

I think Bitcoin's value does not have anything to do with Ethereum's value. They are entirely separate. They are being ran separately. They have different teams and different features that are the main reason why supporters choose them in the first place. Actually, it might even happen that if Bitcoin dips down in price significantly and Ethereum is performing great, the people who are in crypto will shift to Ethereum. However, the thing is that Ethereum is experiencing more problems than Bitcoin.
Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
December 07, 2017, 04:40:01 AM
Actually, Bitcoin's value is increasing and it already reached a huge amount of money.Ethereum is also increasing. But Ethereum has got some technical problem in the field of transactions. For this reason, it's price is decreased now.But in future, I think,both value will increased
Activity: 281
December 07, 2017, 04:36:10 AM
when BTC is green, alts are red, but in some cases, both can be red like it happened sometimes in November. however, my theory is that people use alts for trading and when they make profits transfer them to BTC. also when the week is almost ending, many people convert fiat to BTC leading to appreciation in value. i dont know why but someone should explain why BTC appreciates in value on Thursdays or Fridays.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
December 07, 2017, 04:26:21 AM
Usually it is, but now the etherium has technical problems. Therefore, its price has slightly decreased
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 04:25:34 AM
good work, I think this is indeed a case of very high virality and this I think for the future would be better again.
Activity: 392
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
December 07, 2017, 04:22:43 AM
Ethereum having some issues with it is network right now. That is it main problem.
Yes, the ether has huge problems with the network, there are a lot of unconfirmed transactions. It is clearly visible here https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
December 07, 2017, 04:16:38 AM

Trying to understand the correlation between altcoins and Bitcoin is tricky. It's a fickle relationship. Usually when Bitcoin rises fast (like now), altcoins drop in value as people exit altcoin markets to hold BTC. When coins are in an accumulation phase, they will often hold their value against USD but fall against BTC. We're seeing a mass exit in alt/BTC markets as people chase Bitcoin's rally (with a few exceptions). This can even spill over into dumping alt/fiat markets (like ETHUSD) because the Bitcoin fomo is so strong.

Ethereum having some issues with it is network right now. That is it main problem.

I doubt it has much to do with Crypto Kitties. There is significant network congestion and rising transaction fees (much like Bitcoin), but it's the negative correlation to Bitcoin that's killing its price. The fear of missing out on BTC's gains is causing most coins to bleed out. My portfolio is less than 20% alts, and I've bled buckets today.....
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
December 07, 2017, 04:01:37 AM
In my view right now there is a correlation between
BTC and Altcoins like when BTC rises Altcoin falls.

But there can be views like if Bitcoin appreciates it's value then in the same the capable altcoins should be rised I'm the same way. It may not happen now but i think it will definitely happens in near future. The most anticipated coins appreciation are Ethereum, Litecoin.
Activity: 113
December 07, 2017, 03:59:03 AM
this may be due to the dispensation made by the team in both projects and the thing that makes it more active in the case so that the level of the coin or altcoin does not fall from the original or targeted value.
Activity: 182
Merit: 40
December 07, 2017, 03:56:03 AM
When BTC goes up and downs alts are bleeding,while btc stabilize the alts are pumping thats my own observation,thats the reason why the BTC is a killing machine for alts.

I think when Bitcoin price is increasing Altcoins are affected because people choose to dump their Altcoins and shift the investment into Bitcoin. That's why Ethereum network is congested but Bitcoin's network is also the same with Ethereum. If there's heavy traffic for transactions then the network will slow down.
Activity: 182
Merit: 40
December 07, 2017, 03:53:53 AM

Maybe it's already fixed, support team are on it.
Many complaints about Ethereum congestion but I think it's normal since Ethereum having heavy traffic while people are exchanging tokens into Ethereum and the other way Ethereum into other tokens.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
December 07, 2017, 03:48:02 AM
When BTC goes up and downs alts are bleeding,while btc stabilize the alts are pumping thats my own observation,thats the reason why the BTC is a killing machine for alts.
Activity: 3
December 07, 2017, 03:46:50 AM
Ok I get that, but why is Ethereum a better store of money, in the long run, than Bitcoin? What is its value? That is what I am trying to understand.
Activity: 210
December 07, 2017, 03:43:49 AM
Theres a big difference between BTC and ETH's networks,btc can handle huge volume of transactions everyday while ethereum proves that he is not ready to be the right hand of BTC because theres a lot of bugs and reasons why people wont hold ethereum in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
December 07, 2017, 03:43:26 AM
Bitcoin is different from ethereum. Sometimes both of them are increasing and decreasing, but still they don't have any connection. Both bitcoin and ethereum are good cryptocurrency and has been proven of being profitable.
Activity: 236
Presale is live!
December 07, 2017, 03:41:15 AM
These two are the main pillars of crypto world and this won't change any time soon. That's why their trends kinda follow each other. The late struggle ethereum having is about the problem based on ethereum's network. People are having hard times to make transactions with ethereum but i think it will be solved very soon and things get back to normal.
Activity: 3
December 07, 2017, 03:34:34 AM
So what is it exactly that makes Ethereum valuable? Like why should I put my money in it instead of Bitcoin?
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
December 07, 2017, 03:31:40 AM
These are two different units, they have different schedules and are not required to move one after another. That which ensures the movement of Bitcoin can not ensure the movement of Ethereum ...
Pages:
Jump to: