Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 53. (Read 164835 times)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
August 13, 2015, 04:43:21 AM
OMG nwo i am in
Please wait. You are number 455 in the queue.

@ admin I suggest you to please Make this service paid like pay 0.0005 BTC as donation to stop this long time period

OR launch a mail system so we enter email id and we will get report when service is free   
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
August 13, 2015, 04:08:06 AM

Please enter the User ID:
   Estimate Price
Please wait. You are number 19 in the queue.

so i must waiting it ?

Not sure whether its working at this stage, been hanging at 18 in the queue for close on an hour already....

same goes for me , I'am "Please wait. You are number 21 in the queue"
Why we should that much time , not different IP's should be blocked for five minuts to prevent DDOS attack but 1 IP should be prevented basically if a user use this twice , he should wait five minuts between each time he check still .. good work dev
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
August 13, 2015, 04:03:56 AM

Estimate Price

so i must waiting it ?

Not sure whether its working at this stage, been hanging at 18 in the queue for close on an hour already....
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 13, 2015, 04:01:54 AM

Estimate Price

so i must waiting it ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
August 13, 2015, 03:19:42 AM
Not sure how this was coded but have the following suggestion if it would help....

I just entered my ID and nothing happened.... did not read as I should have, that I should wait, was number 17 in the queue.

Entered my ID again and saw that I was 18 in the queue so guess there are now two requests for my ID in that queue.

Maybe add to the code that it checks the entered ID to see whether its already in the queue and if so ignore new entry and display message that ID is already in the queue.

Just though that might take some pressure off as I guess I'll not be the only one who does not read their screen... Wink
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
August 13, 2015, 02:06:46 AM
I have over taken an account from a friend for 0.08 BTC.According to my experience the price differs relatively.I am planning to own and develop accounts.I live in Serbia, and man power is relatively cheap compared to EU countries.I am planning to hire people to be active in forum.I am totally new to forum, would you pls enlighten me if this bussiness plan is approved by the Bitcointalk.If so I am planning to give a start to my investment.

Nevena Majtanović
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
August 12, 2015, 11:27:20 PM
Server will go down briefly for a quick code update. Please ignore any errors about "Remote Procedure Call failed" in the next few minutes.
staff
Just writing some code
August 12, 2015, 11:16:11 PM
Please wait. You are number 3 in the queue.

What is this ??

And its not updating on mobile version
I am using in google chrome browser in mobile
Just wait. You are the third person in the queue. It must process each request one at a time to avoid being ip banned by Bitcointalk. Depending on the account, it can take from a few seconds to a few minutes to work, so just wait and be patient for it to work.

Nice Stuff !!
My account worth 0.189BTC , As i am also a coder i would suggest you to disable view state as i can see two stuffs at the same time "User ID must only be numbers
Please wait. You are number 1 in the queue."
What did you do to cause that?

Firstly i by mistake typed the name instead of Profile ID and it gave me the error"User ID must only be numbers" and again after seeing this error i just typed my profile id and all went fine , just want you to disable Enableviewstate
Code:
EnableViewstate=False;
so that once any user input any wrong stuffs and again he enters a right choice he should not see the previous error message as i saw in previous.

Good Luck !
Thanks, I fixed the problem and will push the fix out soon.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
~ScapeGoat~
August 12, 2015, 11:07:30 PM
Nice Stuff !!
My account worth 0.189BTC , As i am also a coder i would suggest you to disable view state as i can see two stuffs at the same time "User ID must only be numbers

Firstly i by mistake typed the name instead of Profile ID and it gave me the error"User ID must only be numbers" and again after seeing this error i just typed my profile id and all went fine , just want you to disable Enableviewstate
Code:
EnableViewstate=False;
so that once any user input any wrong stuffs and again he enters a right choice he should not see the previous error message as i saw in previous.

Good Luck !
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
August 12, 2015, 11:07:08 PM
Please wait. You are number 3 in the queue.

What is this ??

And its not updating on mobile version
I am using in google chrome browser in mobile
staff
Just writing some code
August 12, 2015, 11:01:03 PM
Nice Stuff !!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
~ScapeGoat~
August 12, 2015, 10:56:03 PM
Nice Stuff !!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 12, 2015, 10:46:16 PM
I checked that this is working fine for me on mobile and i want to say that its realy too good they said my account is worth 0.13 Btc which i never think
staff
Just writing some code
August 12, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Great work! I just tested with my account and it found my account's estimated value in less than 15 seconds. Smiley I do have one suggestion regarding the ads. The top banner ad looks a little out of place, maybe if you centered it that would make it look a little better?
Huh. It looks centered to me. What browser are you using?

But overall great work, the only other thing maybe worth tweaking a little bit is the formula for finding the account value, it estimated that my account is worth ~ 0.12 BTC. I'd estimate that it would actually be worth 0.07 BTC or so at most, since Senior Member accounts seem to be selling for fairly cheap here now ( < 0.2 BTC).
I have noticed the decreasing prices and I will soon adjust the estimation accordingly.
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
August 12, 2015, 10:26:37 PM
My website is up and usable at http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

The site is very simple, just enter the User ID and it will do everything for you. There is a queuing system in place to prevent the server from being IP banned by Bitcointalk. The site will let you know where you are in the queue and will automatically retrieve all of the information when it is your turn.

There are a few notable differences between the website version and the version on github:
  • Ads - The website has ads to help me support the site. I did not include the code for the ads in the github
  • IP wait times - The website will require you to wait 5 minutes before it will let you submit another request. This is to prevent DoS attacks on the site. The Github contains the code for this, but it is commented out.
  • Account bot password - In order for the website to work, an account is required to view the trust of members. The Github has a placeholder password THAT DOES NOT WORK while the website has the correct password.
If you have issue with any of the above, please let me know and see if we can fix the problem.

If you find any bugs in the website, please contact me here or using the issue tracker on Github.
Great work! I just tested with my account and it found my account's estimated value in less than 15 seconds. Smiley I do have one suggestion regarding the ads. The top banner ad looks a little out of place, maybe if you centered it that would make it look a little better? But overall great work, the only other thing maybe worth tweaking a little bit is the formula for finding the account value, it estimated that my account is worth ~ 0.12 BTC. I'd estimate that it would actually be worth 0.07 BTC or so at most, since Senior Member accounts seem to be selling for fairly cheap here now ( < 0.2 BTC).
staff
Just writing some code
August 12, 2015, 10:09:32 PM
My website is up and usable at http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

The site is very simple, just enter the User ID and it will do everything for you. There is a queuing system in place to prevent the server from being IP banned by Bitcointalk. The site will let you know where you are in the queue and will automatically retrieve all of the information when it is your turn.

There are a few notable differences between the website version and the version on github:
  • Ads - The website has ads to help me support the site. I did not include the code for the ads in the github
  • IP wait times - The website will require you to wait 5 minutes before it will let you submit another request. This is to prevent DoS attacks on the site. The Github contains the code for this, but it is commented out.
  • Account bot password - In order for the website to work, an account is required to view the trust of members. The Github has a placeholder password THAT DOES NOT WORK while the website has the correct password.
If you have issue with any of the above, please let me know and see if we can fix the problem.

If you find any bugs in the website, please contact me here or using the issue tracker on Github.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
August 12, 2015, 01:02:41 PM
how do you compute the value for Potential Activity?
our account only shows Posts and Activity

I have made a bot to calculate potential activity.
You can check demo at:
http://www.satoshiquiz.com/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

Limit:
Only accounts with max 100 posts will work in demo mode.

ok. Nice bot you have there. I checked the link, unfortunately my posts is over 100 so it didn't work Smiley
i'll just wait for my account to increase its level every other Wednesday and hopefully by September i reach Full Member

Check this activity calculator then
http://bitcoin.coxslot.com/get_activity.php

staff
Just writing some code
August 11, 2015, 12:56:20 AM
Sorry everyone, but I don't have the site ready yet  Sad Life happened and I didn't have the time to set everything up. Fortunately, the code is almost done, I just need to add a few things for the production version which is slightly different from the github version (ads and ip waits). I think it will be done and the site will be up by Friday latest.
staff
Just writing some code
August 07, 2015, 03:59:50 PM
So I am a little stuck with a small issue of ip bans. Bitcointalk will ban my server's ip if it makes too many requests at once.

I think you should use user side to query the forum, so the service can be made available to more than one user at the same time. If you query the forum server side, you will need to change server IP if your IP gets banned for some reason.
The problem is a policy called same-origin policy in which browser's prevent the page from querying a domain different from the sites own domain. Thus, I can't have it query bitcointalk browser side unless my domain is bitcointalk.
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
August 07, 2015, 03:55:26 PM
So I am a little stuck with a small issue of ip bans. Bitcointalk will ban my server's ip if it makes too many requests at once.

I think you should use user side to query the forum, so the service can be made available to more than one user at the same time. If you query the forum server side, you will need to change server IP if your IP gets banned for some reason.
I think he tried that option out, but it didn't work out as planned. See here:

• Doing the requests browser side (doesn't work due to same-origin policy)
Pages:
Jump to: