Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 48. (Read 164835 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
September 03, 2015, 10:58:45 PM
For fun, I decided to see the value of my account. However, it was taking a really long time to pop up so I closed the tab. That was yesterday.
Today I had more time to just let it sit so I thought I'd give it another go, but it keeps popping up with this error:

"Please wait for your previous request to finish and try again"

Any idea how to reset this?
I need to go in and reboot the server. Give me a couple minutes to do that. That should fix the problem that most people are having.
Do you know if that will reset the queue and it will start working again? I'd like to look at my account again  Tongue
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
September 03, 2015, 10:57:28 PM
For fun, I decided to see the value of my account. However, it was taking a really long time to pop up so I closed the tab. That was yesterday.
Today I had more time to just let it sit so I thought I'd give it another go, but it keeps popping up with this error:

I need to go in and reboot the server. Give me a couple minutes to do that. That should fix the problem that most people are having.
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
September 03, 2015, 10:51:28 PM

staff
Just writing some code
September 03, 2015, 10:32:44 PM
There are now instructions for developing the program in Eclipse, compiling it in Eclipse, and installing it on an Apache Tomcat webserver. See https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer/blob/master/DEVELOPING.md
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
September 03, 2015, 09:31:00 AM
Are you going to change it so that it work on a token system like that other site? Where you get a token number which you then enter later to get the results?

You can maybe also look at tieing each request to an email address where the person enters his bitcointalk number together with an email address and then just email the results to that person. If you do this I would say that requests then need to be limited to say 1 every 24 hours per user id or even 1 per 48 hours.
Yes. There will be a token and you can enter an email address to receive the results in an email.

Excellent, thanks for putting this together by the way. I will get a donation off to you over the weekend.
staff
Just writing some code
September 03, 2015, 09:29:58 AM
Are you going to change it so that it work on a token system like that other site? Where you get a token number which you then enter later to get the results?

You can maybe also look at tieing each request to an email address where the person enters his bitcointalk number together with an email address and then just email the results to that person. If you do this I would say that requests then need to be limited to say 1 every 24 hours per user id or even 1 per 48 hours.
Yes. There will be a token and you can enter an email address to receive the results in an email.
September 03, 2015, 09:28:25 AM
Are you going to change it so that it works on a token system like that other site? Where you get a token number which you then enter later to get the results?

staff
Just writing some code
September 03, 2015, 09:25:27 AM
Hey everyone, sorry about the long queue, I am working on a fix but that will still take a while to finish writing since I am overhauling the queue system.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
September 03, 2015, 08:56:26 AM
Wow, there sure is a long queue now (29 people).

Maybe you should implement only a certain number of request per day from one IP?
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 03, 2015, 08:43:44 AM
First time it didn't work and now I'am number 27 in the queue for almost 2 hours.

I have the same problem. Queue line doesn't seem to work; I'm stuck at 28. What's the issue?

I will just leave it on whole night and see tomorrow morning if I am still in the queue or even maybe moved to place 26.
September 03, 2015, 08:40:16 AM
I gave up, was at number 23 for about two hours yesterday so decided to try again. Received message that I must wait for the results from first attempt.

Went back today and still tells me to wait from results of previous attempt.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
September 03, 2015, 08:38:12 AM
First time it didn't work and now I'am number 27 in the queue for almost 2 hours.

I have the same problem. Queue line doesn't seem to work; I'm stuck at 28. What's the issue?
September 03, 2015, 07:35:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 03, 2015, 06:26:29 AM
Just checked the code in github and seems that all files are java so it must work on eclipse? alone?

No, it's a GWT application. Java is compiled to both client-side JS, as well as server-side code. You can use Eclipse, but you'll need an IDE plugin. Of course, you could also refactor the code to run from the command line.

I don't have experience with GWT application, but with java itself yes.
Compiled in eclipse and in notepad through command line execution.
When will you post the Installation instructions? btw which plugin should i need in eclipse to run the code?
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ
September 02, 2015, 03:38:59 PM
Just checked the code in github and seems that all files are java so it must work on eclipse? alone?

No, it's a GWT application. Java is compiled to both client-side JS, as well as server-side code. You can use Eclipse, but you'll need an IDE plugin. Of course, you could also refactor the code to run from the command line.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 02, 2015, 05:16:03 AM
Always When i try to check account price i have to wait for long time
Please wait. You are number 16 in the queue.

Can we install this script on Free hosting website ? like activity calculator
You can install it yourself from the github repo but not easily since it is not written in php. You will need to know how to build and run GWT applications. I will at some point write installation instructions.

That's the best idea that i heard today, so the ip from host to host changes and are not same so the bitcointalk will not ban the ip's
Waiting for the Installation instructions to run it Smiley Good Luck.
September 02, 2015, 03:20:31 AM
what is mean"You are number 17 in the queue " and what should i do ?
waiting ?

You need to wait, that's it.Just enter your ID and leave the tab open, you can go browse something else when you are waiting.

I am also number 17 in the queue. Who long will it mostly take because I am already waiting some minutes.

Cool project btw.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
September 02, 2015, 03:18:05 AM
waiting ?

You need to wait, that's it.Just enter your ID and leave the tab open, you can go browse something else when you are waiting.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
September 02, 2015, 03:13:21 AM
waiting ?
staff
Just writing some code
September 01, 2015, 10:38:49 PM
Please wait. You are number 16 in the queue.
get better server
It doesn't have to do with the server, but with Bitcointalk's ip bans. If Bitcointalk didn't ban ips for too many requests per second, this program could run almost instantaneously.
Pages:
Jump to: