Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk needs to be more noob friendly - page 5. (Read 5617 times)

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Dude, get lost, seriously. I'm not gonna bother with someone as thick-skulled as yourself. Had I detected even a shred of enlightened thought or observation in you, then I might bother giving you a few minutes of my time. But I didn't.

Cry me yet another river. Sad liar noob cry river of salty tears.
Dude.........

Tas
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Dude, get lost, seriously. I'm not gonna bother with someone as thick-skulled as yourself. Had I detected even a shred of enlightened thought or observation in you, then I might bother giving you a few minutes of my time. But I didn't.
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
How can it possibly be more user friendly than blockchain.info my wallet ? Honestly it is much better than the real brick and mortar banking (including debit cards and cash handling)

See here (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoins-seem-lost-144333). A newbie loses $500. Part of the reason is the site's UI. The owner(?) of the site arrogantly points to him that he is the one to blame because he should have been more responsible and less stupid with his money. +1 for user-friendliness.

Edited the URL.

Obviously you also fail at reading comprehension.
People tried to help him but he did something to cause the problem. Being new and uncertain of how things work, he went ahead and sent all his coins. That was his fault. I also see no one called him dumb as you claimed. Lie much? It goes back to that pesky read thing again.
Also, piuk gave him 5BTC to help but I see you didn't mention that as it doesn't fit your noob meanness theme but keep up with the reality distortion. Your Noob arrogance is almost unbearable.

Tas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore

Re: Bitcoins seem lost
February 15, 2013, 05:45:14 PM

Reply with quote  #20
The arrogance of some people in these forums is unbelievable. A newbie loses $500 and he is blamed for being dumb and irresponsible. Unf*ckingbelievable.
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
How can it possibly be more user friendly than blockchain.info my wallet ? Honestly it is much better than the real brick and mortar banking (including debit cards and cash handling)

See here (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoins-seem-lost-144333). A newbie loses $500. Part of the reason is the site's UI. The owner(?) of the site arrogantly points to him that he is the one to blame because he should have been more responsible and less stupid with his money. +1 for user-friendliness.

Edited the URL.

I'm sorry your "feelings" got hurt.

Will pancakes make it all better?

KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
"Could it be because most noobs are rude, demanding and downright lazy? Maybe?"

Roll Eyes Do you see the irony here? Could it be that it's YOU instead who is being "rude, demanding and downright lazy" with new members?

This forum is rife with such typical libertarian douchebaggery. It's all over the place. We are the elite, the bright ones - We deserve all we got - The rest of the world is stupid, lazy, demanding - They deserve nothing - Keep them away from me

Could it be your attitude and lack of any work ethic that causes said "douchebaggery"? I think so. Stop blaming others for your actions and attitudes of entitlement.
Let me give you a parting gift:

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I agree we could do a better job being welcoming. For whatever reason, many forums are not.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ironically the barriers to joining this little club are definitely not going to make noobs more knowledgable nor answer their questions, it will simply drive them away.

Good work team.
Tas

Edited the URL.
Tas
"Could it be because most noobs are rude, demanding and downright lazy? Maybe?"

Roll Eyes Do you see the irony here? Could it be that it's YOU instead who is being "rude, demanding and downright lazy" with new members?

This forum is rife with such typical libertarian douchebaggery. It's all over the place. We are the elite, the bright ones - We deserve all we got - The rest of the world is stupid, lazy, demanding - They deserve nothing - Keep them away from me
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
Why - God forbid people have questions, I know it might be tedious to answer them but I guess that is what we all, as custodians of bitcoin, should be happy to do.

Not wanting to answer those questions is one and the same with not wanting new people to become involved with bitcoin.

There are partial solutions, for example setup a shapado install on a sub-domain, but being anti-noob is totally counter productive.

God forbid you actually use Google or Search. Oh the agony of actually trying to help yourself!  Roll Eyes
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
Part of the unfriendliness to noobs is caused be the endless repetition of  allready hundereds of times answered questions (for the fourth year and counting). A part of the solution could be learning material and tests before you are allowed to post on the forums, possibly separate materials and tests for different forums.

This
Activity: 25
I think its a dicussion for another thread Tas, but I'm frankly astounded at the level of paranoia in the bitcoin community. Somewhat in contrast to the intentions expressed in the original bitcoin.pdf
Tas
The thing that's most bothersome to me is the overt and self-righteous libertarian attitude of many members. In fact, the actual political beliefs do not bother me. Everyone has his own. What bothers me is that I must hear about them all the time or, worse, have them pushed onto me. Some people in these forums need to consider that...

-Political leanings appear to have strong genetic causes. And, if that is so, consider how logical (as opposed to instinctive and perhaps irrational) your stances on freedom, responsibility, government, or whatever else really are. [http://www.nature.com/news/biology-and-ideology-the-anatomy-of-politics-1.11645]
-You desire for bitcoin to go mainstream. Well, the mainstream is not libertarian (or leftist or whatever). What's more, this real-world fact is already reflected in this very community! Consider this study that was done recently [http://spacedruid.com/2013/02/26/the-demographics-of-bitcoin-part-1/]. 43% of bitcoiners from this forum and the bitcoin subreddits identified themselves as right-of-center/rightists, 7% as centrists, 49% as left-of-center/leftists. Is all this libertarian talk really welcoming to that 49%?
-Bitcoin as a concept is not libertarian (or at least entirely libertarian) in nature. Sure, some aspects of it (like its crypto features) really excite some libertarian folks. But leftists can find things in bitcoin to like too (internationalism, ease of use, advanced technology, innovation, revolutionary appeal, etc.). And, besides, everyone likes to makes money.
-Lastly, consider the old adages of the middle way being the best (Buddhist), moderation being best (Greek), or that politics and religion should not be discussed in polite conversation.

Not sure if this is off-topic, but that's what really bothers me as a new member (and perhaps others too).
If you want to keep bitcoin underground - I guess you're doing it right.

Just saying guys.
Activity: 476
If you're here to learn, there's a lot to read.  You could check out Satoshi's posts to start:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3

I never learned anything by showing up as the FNG and telling everyone what they were doing wrong. But that's just me.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Anyone who cannot make it through the little struggle of the newb stage, cannot make it through the massive struggle of Bitcoin. If you want it you'll fight for it, just like you spent the last 8 hours fighting for a right to be here. That proves to us that you're serious about this. A scammer or spammer would be deterred by that much time and effort. That's one less scammer or spammer around to mess with someone less educated on how to handle their Bitcoins in this community. So as far as I am concerned the forum does it's job well and is very newb friendly.
So it's really a good thing.

Get over it.
It might be a "good" thing for existing members, however bitcoin is a revolutionary new technology which is incredibly difficult to understand for a normal person, and we all want millions, nay billions of "normal people" to get to grips with it. THAT is what is not just "Good" for existing members, but "BEST" for everyone.

Let noobs in roam free sooner - if they ask the same old questions move those questions to a "Noob Questions" part of the forum. Best of both worlds - I also don't think its as much of a problem as you suspect it will be.

If that is completely totally and utterly undoable (I know you people don't like change) - there are still two extremely valuable suggestions

1) Have a faster way for non-noobs who just happen to not have registered at bitcointalk before, to join in.
2) Make the newbie forum and restrictions more visible (because they aren't visible at all)

Embracing change is why we are all discussing bitcoin to begin with - so embrace a little change already.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin - Resistance is futile
I've registered and never get the limits of the newbie account, because I started reading every thread in this site before open my mouth. I just say hello and a few comments. I spent hours reading and that is what most people do before to talk something is already replied 300 times.
Pages:
Jump to: