Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Notifier |merit and quotes| push notifications | telegram - page 3. (Read 1521 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
As for mobile, my site actually works just fine, because mobile browsers support push notifications too. I've tested it on my Android and mobile Chrome browser.
Nope not only on firefox, but my chrome, safari, and brave on IOS also don't work either.
It works on mobiles, what makes you think, it doesn't?
Well, I've tried it mate. here the screenshot of all browser all of them is blank page except for safari, but still, on safari I can't test notification either.

https://imgur.com/a/bWika2H I post to many images lately, so I just gave you all the link to an album for those 4 screenshots of browser I tested

Do you have notifications enabled system wide and also for the browser you are using?
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
As for mobile, my site actually works just fine, because mobile browsers support push notifications too. I've tested it on my Android and mobile Chrome browser.
Nope not only on firefox, but my chrome, safari, and brave on IOS also don't work either.
Well, I've tried it mate. here the screenshot of all browser all of them is blank page except for safari, but still, on safari I can't test notification either.

https://imgur.com/a/bWika2H I post to many images lately, so I just gave you all the link to an album for those 4 screenshots of browser I tested
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
That looks like a bug, you should report it to Piggy.
Lol, it's what I subscribed to Smiley I was just showing an example of what Maggiordome sends me, the bot can't help it that I'm being mentioned or quoted a lot.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Agreed. This needs to be implemented natively already.
The new forum software will have this.

You can try if you want: https://www.cryptos-currencies.com/
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Don't stress over it, there are plenty of browsers available, if Firefox doesn't work, user can use another.

Nah, it is a problem, sometimes people stick to one browser and just don't use the product if it doesn't work for them - I myself was using only one browser for years. Also, Firefox is the browser from which I use this forum, and it's annoying to me that notifications don't work as well as in chrome.

I don't have many browsers installed, so if anyone uses Brave or Safari or something else aside from Firefox and Chrome, I'd be grateful to hear if the site works with them or not. I know there are tools for that, but they don't check push notifications.
Edit : As op said, privacy oriented browsers and mobile Firefox don't work well, so problem is browser and not mobile device

Yes, I've noticed it today that my site doesn't work on mobile Firefox, not even test notifications are received, so I started investigating and found this: https://github.com/web-push-libs/web-push-php/issues/90

I've also tested other site that has push demo - https://serviceworke.rs/push-simple_demo.html and it didn't work with my Firefox mobile. From what I understand, it's some problem with the push endpoint, so I can't do anything about it.

Also, I've discovered strange behavior in Firefox desktop - overriding the default dom.webnotifications.requireinteraction.enabled makes service workers fail to render messages. Maybe it's a bug that should be reported to Mozilla, need to see if I can recreate it with other sites.

I get a continuous flow of PMs like this:
Hi, Loycev I don't know if you still accept requests for comparisons? If yes please show me the graph for
  • Local - Polski - Re: Polish Hyde Park
    Mam ciekawe zestawienie meritów dla TyanowyJanusz i Cryptovigi. Obaj są zarejestrowani praktycznie w tym samym czasie i jak dla mnie,

• That looks like a bug, you should report it to Piggy.

Don't stress over it, there are plenty of browsers available, if Firefox doesn't work, user can use another.
    legendary
    Edit : As op said, privacy oriented browsers and mobile Firefox don't work well, so problem is browser and not mobile device

Yes, I've noticed it today that my site doesn't work on mobile Firefox, not even test notifications are received, so I started investigating and found this: https://github.com/web-push-libs/web-push-php/issues/90

I've also tested other site that has push demo - https://serviceworke.rs/push-simple_demo.html and it didn't work with my Firefox mobile. From what I understand, it's some problem with the push endpoint, so I can't do anything about it.

Also, I've discovered strange behavior in Firefox desktop - overriding the default dom.webnotifications.requireinteraction.enabled makes service workers fail to render messages. Maybe it's a bug that should be reported to Mozilla, need to see if I can recreate it with other sites.

Hi, Loycev I don't know if you still accept requests for comparisons? If yes please show me the graph for
    Mam ciekawe zestawienie meritów dla TyanowyJanusz i Cryptovigi. Obaj są zarejestrowani praktycznie w tym samym czasie i jak dla mnie,

• That looks like a bug, you should report it to Piggy.
    Wait, so that bot does work with native bitcointalk quotes? If true, then my whole project was useless, because then the only difference between us is that I use push notifications, which not everyone seem to like anyway.
    Yup works with quotes. but your project not useless at all, cause it's easy and simply work with a single click of a button. if someone not enabling Maggiordomo bot cause they too lazy to do all the task require they will choose this one. but the downside is this notification only work for desktop and not a mobile phone, while Maggiordomo can pm you on telegram.

Honestly, i don't understand why this feature still isn't implemented natively in SMF.

All these mention bots are kind of useless when you don't know who has their mentions enabled, and who doesn't. (edit:This bot only does quotes, but i also saw a different bot that did @*s)

Although i guess quoting also mentions you, still, it's all pretty user-unfriendly... Would it be so hard for theymos to natively implement something like this in SMF like he did with the merit system?
    I know it's supposedly in the new forum but looking at the timelines it's a pretty difficult guess grasping when / if that's ever coming out.

Agreed. This needs to be implemented natively already.
    legendary
    Activity: 3290
    Merit: 16489
    Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
    Wait, so that bot does work with native bitcointalk quotes? If true, then my whole project was useless
  • legendary
    Wait, so that bot does work with native bitcointalk quotes? If true, then my whole project was useless, because then the only difference between us is that I use push notifications, which not everyone seem to like anyway.
    Yup works with quotes. but your project not useless at all, cause it's easy and simply work with a single click of a button. if someone not enabling Maggiordomo bot cause they too lazy to do all the task require they will choose this one. but the downside is this notification only work for desktop and not a mobile phone, while Maggiordomo can pm you on telegram.

Might be true, I've just tried Maggiordomo, and with my current setup it's just too much clicking - I get an email from the forum, a push notification from email, a popup on the forum, and the message itself. In my site it's just on click and you are sent straight to the message.

legendary
    Activity: 2758
    Merit: 6830
    I've read the OP of Piggy's bot thread, and my impression was that it is only limited to @mention, which is why I decided to make my own service.
    When you quote someone, you actually mention them in your post: "Quote from: hatshepsut93 on Today at 08:57:22" at the top of the quote. Thus, alerting the bot.
    copper member
    Activity: 648
    Merit: 159
    legendary
    Activity: 2744
    Merit: 1708
    First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
    Wait, so that bot does work with native bitcointalk quotes?

Yes, it's true because I am getting notifications. Just quote me now and I will publish PM screen from the Maggiordomo bot.
    legendary
    Quotes, custom quotes, edits, mentions of username, username with @, profile link. Notifications are sent by PM or in the Telegram app.

I think OP can look into Maggiordomo bot because it should be very interesting for him to know how Piggy was able to get all of these mentions to work.

I've read the OP of Piggy's bot thread, and my impression was that it is only limited to @mention, which is why I decided to make my own service.
    legendary
    Activity: 2744
    Merit: 1708
    First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
    ...All these mention bots are kind of useless when you don't know who has their mentions enabled, and who doesn't. (edit:This bot only does quotes, but i also saw a different bot that did @*s)...

I think you are talking about Maggiordomo bot managed by the member Piggy.

Maggiordomo is the best solution for notifications on the forum because is the most advanced bot and notifies about all possible mentions.
    Quotes, custom quotes, edits, mentions of username, username with @, profile link. Notifications are sent by PM or in the Telegram app.

I think OP can look into Maggiordomo bot because it should be very interesting for him to know how Piggy was able to get all of these mentions to work.

Of course, if somebody hasn't enabled it then is kinda useless, but this is so easy to set up that I think, every member who knows about, already have it working. I was missing many discussions because I didn't know that somebody mentioned me, quoted my posts or even only add my profile link in some scraped file. To be honest Maggiordomo notified me 2 times about winning in a promotion (150$ and 100$) which I was not aware of. Signed up and forgot about after some time, when I have won my signup post was quoted and bot let me know about this.

Notifier bot is really powerfull toll and should be added as a standard feature on the forum.
    legendary
    Activity: 1946
    Merit: 1427
    Honestly, i don't understand why this feature still isn't implemented natively in SMF.

All these mention bots are kind of useless when you don't know who has their mentions enabled, and who doesn't. (edit:This bot only does quotes, but i also saw a different bot that did @*s)

Although i guess quoting also mentions you, still, it's all pretty user-unfriendly... Would it be so hard for theymos to natively implement something like this in SMF like he did with the merit system?
    I know it's supposedly in the new forum but looking at the timelines it's a pretty difficult guess grasping when / if that's ever coming out.

legendary
    Activity: 2800
    Merit: 2736
    Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
    If the fact that their IP can be logged is preventing a lot of people from using such service, but they would really like to receive quick notifications, I might add another subscribing and notification option - Bitcointalk bot. You will just send a message to a bot account on this forum and it will be sending you notifications via PM. No IP revealed.
    I am afraid many including me has the same hesitation. If you can do something like using a user account which use the same domain bitcointalk.org then you will find your work more successful I believe. I did try with some usernames (I prefer not to disclose) and seems pretty good job.
    legendary
    I don't log IP addresses into any storage.
    Thanks for the assurance.

If the fact that their IP can be logged is preventing a lot of people from using such service, but they would really like to receive quick notifications, I might add another subscribing and notification option - Bitcointalk bot. You will just send a message to a bot account on this forum and it will be sending you notifications via PM. No IP revealed.
    legendary
    Activity: 2800
    Merit: 2736
    Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
    I don't log IP addresses into any storage.
    Thanks for the assurance.
    legendary
    Interesting idea for quote notification, and maybe I will test it.

My questions are:
    - how can I disable notifications if I don't want receive then anymore?
    - is any user data collected?

Thanks

To disable notifications just click on "×" button next to a subscription. If you are still getting notifications (shouldn't happen), you can unregister service worker (google how to do it for your browser) and/or revoke notification permissions in your browser.

I only store the data necessary to send notifications - the list of names you are subscribed to and your service worker details. I don't use any cookies, and I think heroku also doesn't inject any cookies. I don't log IP addresses into any storage.

I got the notification for my recent quoted post,so it working well for me.

But I got something and I am not really sure its a bug or not but I will report it here.

I did get the notifications after 2 minutes of the quoted posts but I did get when I clicked minimize on my youtube page.

If you were in fulscreen mode on youtube, the notification shouldn't be visible I think.
    Pages:
    Jump to: