Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Notifier |merit and quotes| push notifications | telegram - page 4. (Read 1521 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom

- how can I disable notifications if I don't want receive then anymore?
Yes you can by disabling notifications on your browser which you were allowed earlier.

For chrome : Settings - site settings - notofication -https://bct-quote-notifier.herokuapp then click remove.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Warning:
Those who are not aware, you may risk yourself to unfold your security by proving your bitcointalk information. No hurt feeling to OP but setting an IP log can disclose the IP of the user in the said site.

- is any user data collected?
You do not know. I would rather keep myself away 🙂
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Interesting idea for quote notification, and maybe I will test it myself.

My questions are:
- how can I disable notifications if I don't want receive then anymore?
- is any user data collected?

Thanks
I am subscribed for myself and that's it and tested the notification as well.

Works fine for me while I am currently on google chrome.

Thanks, you are my first user Smiley

The site was deployed only a few hours ago, and I tested it with multiple names and got some notifications, but this project is still in beta, because before that I only ran it locally. This means some problems might arise, if anyone gets errors on the site or finds a post that they didn't receive a notification for, please report it in this thread or via pm.

I got the notification for my recent quoted post,so it working well for me.

But I got something and I am not really sure its a bug or not but I will report it here.

I did get the notifications after 2 minutes of the quoted posts but I did get when I clicked minimize on my youtube page.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

Thanks, you are my first user Smiley

The site was deployed only a few hours ago, and I tested it with multiple names and got some notifications, but this project is still in beta, because before that I only ran it locally. This means some problems might arise, if anyone gets errors on the site or finds a post that they didn't receive a notification for, please report it in this thread or via pm.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

How it works
My site scrapes https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent every 30 seconds, gets all top-level quotes from posts and sends webpush notifications to everyone who subscribed to those usernames.
It also scrapes the recent merit page and sends notification when a subscribed user receives merit.

Using
Simply visit the site, give it permission to send push notifications (it will ask right away), and submit up to 3 bitcointalk usernames that you want to track. You can click "test notification" to receive a test notification (duh), to check that your browser is ready to receive them. When you click on notification, it will open the thread and post that quoted your username.

Limitations
Since I scrape new posts, I can't notify you if someone adds the quote in their edit.

Webpush technology doesn't work well in privacy-oriented browsers - they don't persist service workers, or might just refuse to register them (chrome's incognito mode, for example).

To receive notifications in real time, the browser that was used to subscribe must be running. The site does not have to be open. If the browser wasn't running at the time a notification was sent, it will be delivered when the browser opens.

I'm matching /Quote from: (.*) on/ so any custom quotes will not be detected.

Firefox ignores "requireinteraction" option of service workers, so they disappear after a short period of time. This can be a problem if you are worried about missing notifications while you are AFK. See solution here.

Supported browsers: https://caniuse.com/#search=push

/sub - subscribe to a bitcointalk name
/unsub - unsubscribe from a bitcointalk name
/names - get the list of your current subscriptions

Rules are the same as with the main app.
Pages:
Jump to: