Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinTalk++ script - v0.2.96 - page 45. (Read 114219 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
August 26, 2013, 12:50:35 PM
Btw. My script still hasn't updated itself and a day has passed since the "*" appeared. Is that a problem on my side or your side?
I think it's on your side
If you want to check go to chrome://extensions and click "Update extensions". If the version doesn't change for 30 seconds then it may be on my side. It works in my Chrome though.

Nope. I tried the plugin on Firefox Mobile v23, said Installation Failed. I tried to compile the script itself, and it said it wasn't Compatible.
I'll try to figure this out but it looks like compiling a userscript to an XPI is not trivial
I just registered to addons.mozilla.org, hopefully I'll manage to create an XPI

Doesn't seem to work for me on Chrome, says it can't be installed from this website.
You need to drag it into the Extensions tab. It's a security measure by Google.

Ah, thanks! That was it.
Yeah that wasn't clear, I changed the OP
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 11:01:15 AM
Doesn't seem to work for me on Chrome, says it can't be installed from this website.

Ah, thanks! That was it.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 26, 2013, 10:47:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2013, 10:39:54 AM
When I get an error while sending an PM and go back to edit my PM or wait until I can send it, my message disappears. This happens most likely because you replace the text inside the field.
It might be a good idea to check if the field is empty and if not append it to the end / not add it at all.
It's already only adding and not replacing
Could you describe how you manage to get this?
Wanted to send an PM to Boelens, pressed the send button, got an message that I recently posted something and have to wait, pressed the back button, I saw the original text for a fraction of an second and then it disappeared and the standard message appeard.
The problem is that in that case it's your browser that put your old PM in the form, the server didn't send anything at all. So even if the script checks what the server sends it won't see anything.
There's nothing I can do... I can add an 'add signature' button instead of putting it automatically though.

know any good Firefox mobile script managers?
I thought it was impossible. I asked Google and it gives me that: http://code.etiviti.com/firefox/fennec-greasemonkey-script-compiler/
This create an xpi from a userscript
I created this test xpi: http://speedy.sh/6UsDn/btofm.xpi
It should print a hello popup on every bitcointalk page.
Please someone give it a try and tell me if it works
If so there's some hope to see BT++ on Firefox mobile
Nope. I tried the plugin on Firefox Mobile v23, said Installation Failed. I tried to compile the script itself, and it said it wasn't Compatible.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 10:13:54 AM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 26, 2013, 09:04:38 AM
Btw. My script still hasn't updated itself and a day has passed since the "*" appeared. Is that a problem on my side or your side?
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 25, 2013, 04:54:48 PM
Donation or paid work?

Done in 0.1.23

While lurking I found this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266608.msg3006919;topicseen#msg3006919
That gave me an idea: a list of super useful posts or threads
The first that comes in my mind is the Activity thread on Meta
Thoughts?
Paid work.

A list of super useful posts or threads sounds good, but I don't think it suits the purpose of this plugin.
Wow I hope it wasn't too long!

Why? Wouldn't that ++ BitcoinTalk? Grin
It was A LOT of work, trust me. I spend nearly 2 hours on it, but hey, I have nothing else to do and it's easy BTC!

Well, BitCoinTalk++ is, I quote, "a +1 script for bitcointalk". So a karma script, but well, why not extend it right? Add whatever you want my friend!
legendary
August 25, 2013, 04:40:23 PM
Donation or paid work?

Done in 0.1.23

While lurking I found this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266608.msg3006919;topicseen#msg3006919
Thoughts?
Paid work.

A list of super useful posts or threads sounds good, but I don't think it suits the purpose of this plugin.
Wow I hope it wasn't too long!

Why? Wouldn't that ++ BitcoinTalk? Grin
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 25, 2013, 04:18:43 PM
Donation or paid work?

Done in 0.1.23

Thoughts?
Paid work.

legendary
August 25, 2013, 04:17:35 PM
Tysat offered me to use his server for BT++
That will allow me to more things server side
For instance saving settings (if wanted) and those lists that were discussed earlier when I have some time

Many thanks tysat!
legendary
August 25, 2013, 04:13:59 PM
Donation or paid work?

Done in 0.1.23

Thoughts?
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 25, 2013, 12:53:35 PM
When I get an error while sending an PM and go back to edit my PM or wait until I can send it, my message disappears. This happens most likely because you replace the text inside the field.
It might be a good idea to check if the field is empty and if not append it to the end / not add it at all.
Wanted to send an PM to Boelens, pressed the send button, got an message that I recently posted something and have to wait, pressed the back button, I saw the original text for a fraction of an second and then it disappeared and the standard message appeard.
The problem is that in that case it's your browser that put your old PM in the form, the server didn't send anything at all. So even if the script checks what the server sends it won't see anything.
There's nothing I can do... I can add an 'add signature' button instead of putting it automatically though.
That would be a great idea!

Damn, just translated a whole bunch of text for 0.2BTC. Lol.
legendary
August 25, 2013, 12:42:39 PM

I thought it was impossible. I asked Google and it gives me that: http://code.etiviti.com/firefox/fennec-greasemonkey-script-compiler/
This create an xpi from a userscript
I created this test xpi: http://speedy.sh/6UsDn/btofm.xpi
It should print a hello popup on every bitcointalk page.
Please someone give it a try and tell me if it works
If so there's some hope to see BT++ on Firefox mobile
legendary
August 25, 2013, 10:37:27 AM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 25, 2013, 10:06:00 AM
legendary
August 25, 2013, 10:03:26 AM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 25, 2013, 09:52:04 AM
Activity: 376
Merit: 312
Can you say... nighty-night?
August 24, 2013, 10:24:40 PM
at the moment its easy to assign hashs (i didn't check to simply hash usernames because i guess they're salted) to users (at least i'm thinking this, just tried for two ^.^)

just check someones stats and habbits where someone gains activity/posts and compare what users appear in these threads :x guess when more users use this script, it becomes more difficult but still possible with enough effort and time.

i did not look into the source to check if there are other easy ways to pull the informations.

imho you can show usernames (if someone wants to know the user(s), he can with a bit of effort) or hide even the censored list.
legendary
August 24, 2013, 09:59:26 PM
That are some great updates! Now I just have to wait until auto-update kicks in.
I'm glad this pleases you Smiley

Is it better to make the list of voters public or private?
What do you mean with voters? If you mean the +1 or -1 thingy's, I am still for public.

Nope, this vote is closed and those lists will stay hidden Grin
I mean just publishing the name of the voters, like this:
Code:
jackjack
bitcoininformation
escrow.ms
etc...

Maybe we're not enough (20) to do this though

Do it anyway. It is neat to see.  No objections.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 24, 2013, 09:58:01 PM
That are some great updates! Now I just have to wait until auto-update kicks in.
I'm glad this pleases you Smiley

Is it better to make the list of voters public or private?
What do you mean with voters? If you mean the +1 or -1 thingy's, I am still for public.

Nope, this vote is closed and those lists will stay hidden Grin
I mean just publishing the name of the voters, like this:
Code:
jackjack
bitcoininformation
escrow.ms
etc...

Maybe we're not enough (20) to do this though
Well I don't care if my name gets published. I only give ratings when I think someone deserves it.
Pages:
Jump to: