Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Youtube channel - what would you like to see? - page 29. (Read 13467 times)

Activity: 776
Merit: 557
I think that would start a very dangerous precedent : If they did that, why stop there? First of all, why would they ban something that has such a complex system - tamper-proof - behind it? Is it because it is unregulated? I've got lots of other content that YT could straight out ban from their platform - mostly related with so called "gurus" that prey upon people's hope of getting rich quick and end up robbing them of their investments (just an example). We could also talk about fake news being spread, alt-right channels spreading conspiracy theories, deepfake videos pretending to be someone else speech (I think we could go on and on about this).
If they do take this course of action towards anything honestly, our so called "free speech" would be in peril - I could be against everything that I've mentioned previously but I also have to be aware that people have the right to speak their points of views and discuss what they want to discuss - It's up to the viewer to listen/see that information and make critically and analytical evaluations (and here it's where most people end up failing I believe).
Google/Youtube is not known for their willingness to give freedom of speech. The guy behind infowars was banned from Youtube and other social medias because he was challenging the status quo. He did not break the rules but instead voiced his opinion his opinion is probably wrong and distressing to some people but he should have not been banned for it. Deepfake videos are removed on Youtube. If you report them they will be removed because Youtube has a rule against misinformation which is what they used to justify removing Alex Jones. I said that this could happen because Google has already been hostile towards Bitcoin by removing the ability to advertise cryptocurrencies on Google. I understand you are trying to say that it should not be removed because freedom speech is allowed in most countries but Google has proven before that they do not care about freedom of speech and will only allow content that they agree with. The InfoWars example is the best demonstration of their ability to remove anything they want without any backlash because he was universally hated by most people. I suggested that this should be a concern because it has been done before and we are not thinking of any alternatives.

Here is one of the articles about the ban (https://www.npr.org/2018/08/06/636030043/youtube-apple-and-facebook-ban-infowars-which-decries-mega-purge?t=1628512317300) Alex Jones was banned off Facebook, Apple and Youtube in the same day. They cited "glorying violence" as a reason why he was removed but if you have watched Alex Jones he might be a bit crazy but he never encourages or glorifies violence.

Yeah, that's definitely a risk. What about having some alternatives as well, some opininions regarding https://d.tube and others would be nice.
Yes I have not used d.tube but I think anything in addition to Youtube is a good idea. The money is at Youtube we know that but I do not like that they can remove anything they want without any public backlash.
copper member
Activity: 155
Merit: 173
Member of Cryptios - https://cryptios.com/
Hey guys, first of all thank you for the ideas and support, we are more than grateful for that.
As Cyrus said, now we are working on artwork for the YouTube channel, we have some ideas and we managed to sketch a mock-up but we thought it would be much better if we involved the community in this, so I come to you with the following question:

What would you think of organizing a contest for the banner and the logo for the YouTube channel?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
A lot of youtubers have expressed their opinion about this where some legit channels were kicked off the platform without breaking any rules. Youtube is centralised and they only want content that identifies with their rules and values if Crypocurrency is one of those that does not I can see them removing all videos related to crypo. They could justify it to by saying that cryptocurrencies are unsafe and point towards altcoins being most scams.
I think that would start a very dangerous precedent : If they did that, why stop there? First of all, why would they ban something that has such a complex system - tamper-proof - behind it? Is it because it is unregulated? I've got lots of other content that YT could straight out ban from their platform - mostly related with so called "gurus" that prey upon people's hope of getting rich quick and end up robbing them of their investments (just an example). We could also talk about fake news being spread, alt-right channels spreading conspiracy theories, deepfake videos pretending to be someone else speech (I think we could go on and on about this).
If they do take this course of action towards anything honestly, our so called "free speech" would be in peril - I could be against everything that I've mentioned previously but I also have to be aware that people have the right to speak their points of views and discuss what they want to discuss - It's up to the viewer to listen/see that information and make critically and analytical evaluations (and here it's where most people end up failing I believe).

Good points and agree! I think most of the popular crypto content out there gravitates around price talk and maybe some projects being advertised, while at the opposite side you have technical/educational videos, and if given the opportunity I'd spend my time watching the later.
However, I think there's a lack of content regarding the culture, the history and here BitcoinTalk deserves the spotlight! Adding some entertainment along the way of course.
The charity idea is also something I'd really look forward to.
I think that's where we'll find our audience - we'll set ourselfs apart from the "spotlight" of channels that try to deceive users into "cryto scams" and we'll slowly and carefully start enticing users to learn about crypto right from the beginning and with the correct guidance I'm sure we'll be able to light up a spark within each viewer so that he/she can freely start to search for the meaning of everything (besides BTC going UP and BTC going down and "stonks").
The teaser and artwork should be ready this month, so the links and behind the scenes and teasers will go live before the first video. Get some momentum going.
PM sent! This is what the community aspect is about, looking forward to hearing you music and hopefully we'd be able to add it in /me raises hand for custom theme music in the future!
I wonder, could we have a teaser of the teaser? Perhaps just a still frame of some early video that you have, or something like that? I'm sure that most of us are dying to get a feel of the style / art direction that the YT channel will take - and I'm sure that a single frame will be enough to feed our expectations until September  Roll Eyes
Yeah, that's definitely a risk. What about having some alternatives as well, some opininions regarding https://d.tube and others would be nice.
Regarding this I can only come out with an open source social network that has been gaining attention for a while now - Mastodon (Similar to Twitter basically).
administrator
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2948
I’m looking forward to seeing what comes of this. Good luck! We’ll have to make sure to do our part and spread the word to get those likes and subscribes on the main channel and the eventual clips channel. Get that YouTube algorithm doing it’s thing to birth the next viral sensation.
Thank you and appreciate the help! The goal is to have content the community will be proud of, but
Just like Bitcointalk has signature ads as a privilege to its users and bidding system for in-between ads here, I'd also like to add some 'advertisement facilities' to be availed for the users of this community on YouTube already to let them too utilize all crypto based advertising on this forum's YouTube channel which will also help generate revenue [...]
I think it's a bit early to have a conversation about sponsors. However, if any point there will any sponsors, forum's ad policy will probably be copied over.

As others already have written , i am also excited about and cant wait to see the Teaser and the channels artwork !
If you need maybe some kind of copyright free Music you can hit me up on a PM as i produce my one Music also , if you want and like.
The teaser and artwork should be ready this month, so the links and behind the scenes and teasers will go live before the first video. Get some momentum going.
PM sent! This is what the community aspect is about, looking forward to hearing you music and hopefully we'd be able to add it in /me raises hand for custom theme music in the future!

How did the filming day go, smooth sailing I assume?
I can imagine that he was nervous and excited at the same time maybe.
Yes!  Grin

This is great news Cyrus! Has anyone noticed that ever since the creation of the thread (26th of August) and the first filming days we're just talking about almost 2 weeks? I think we already have a ton of work done in such a short notice, so I'm really excited to see any kind of draft / end result that may come from it.
We've been pedaling at it like wild foxes!  Cheesy
But seriously, doing justice to BitcoinTalk is no small feat! And tried to find a balance between:
  • this is a cool idea, hope someone will do it but might thing about doing it someday
  • ok let's do it, but it's gotta be reasonably perfect, with the huge risk of nothing actually being done
  • it's not going to be perfect, but someone has to do it!
Ultimately, the power is in each of you to decide and make your own minds if you like it or don't. Bitcoin is empowering, right?

Right now, youtube is an untapped reservoir for genuine crypto-based videos, and a lot good could come from it. Question is, is the OG crypto community going to do anything about it or not?  
I think that there isn't any other crypto channel with such a huge advertisement made about it than ourselves - we've existed almost as long as BTC's life, and that kind of "publicity"/reach is hard to attain. What we'll do with it only depends on us.

Perhaps more On-Topic : Another small idea, geared more towards charity - Host/Run donation/charity events, but within each members area/country - Basically we would incentivize members to donate to their local shelter / charity house/institution and if provided with some proof of help we could make a leaderboard and the top 3 users would be mentioned / interviewed on the YT channel! This would be optimal if the donation was either by food / money or, since this is a BTC forum, why not crypto? What better way to push further the adoption?
Good points and agree! I think most of the popular crypto content out there gravitates around price talk and maybe some projects being advertised, while at the opposite side you have technical/educational videos, and if given the opportunity I'd spend my time watching the later.
However, I think there's a lack of content regarding the culture, the history and here BitcoinTalk deserves the spotlight! Adding some entertainment along the way of course.
The charity idea is also something I'd really look forward to.

And sometimes you suffer setbacks like a youtube copystrike or maybe they decide to pull some of your videos. Don't forget these are centralized services that can kick you off their platform if they want. Recently I was kicked off AWS for the second time along with my in-development business API so it has to find a new home  Sad
A lot of youtubers have expressed their opinion about this where some legit channels were kicked off the platform without breaking any rules. Youtube is centralised and they only want content that identifies with their rules and values if Crypocurrency is one of those that does not I can see them removing all videos related to crypo. They could justify it to by saying that cryptocurrencies are unsafe and point towards altcoins being most scams.
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
And sometimes you suffer setbacks like a youtube copystrike or maybe they decide to pull some of your videos. Don't forget these are centralized services that can kick you off their platform if they want. Recently I was kicked off AWS for the second time along with my in-development business API so it has to find a new home  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
A few days have passed since last update.
I really can’t wait to see the product. Hope it won’t take long!
I am really excited about that!
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Right now, youtube is an untapped reservoir for genuine crypto-based videos, and a lot good could come from it. Question is, is the OG crypto community going to do anything about it or not?  

Yes. you just can't see results because the business sustainability curve is so high you need to climb it like a mountain. Growing a youtube channel that people don't just watch in passing and has subscribers is no easier than growing a website (I had a chat with efialtis the other day on telegram about the growing part).

And sometimes you suffer setbacks like a youtube copystrike or maybe they decide to pull some of your videos. Don't forget these are centralized services that can kick you off their platform if they want. Recently I was kicked off AWS for the second time along with my in-development business API so it has to find a new home  Sad
legendary
I really, like really do think the bitcointalk channel could do insanely well on youtube considering how mainstream crypto is getting. I mean, we are at a point where celebrities and influencers are promoting pump and dump shitcoins. Do we really think this would have happened years ago when bitcoin was at 2k? Probably not.   
Whenever there is a chance to make money off people's lack of knowledge, we can be sure that there will be people locked and ready to act as a messiah for their early retirement by means of ludicrousness gains, let it be crypto or any other kind of equities - sadly this happens to this day with crytp and with other equities (leverage CFD's for example).
I think that there isn't any other crypto channel with such a huge advertisement made about it than ourselves - we've existed almost as long as BTC's life, and that kind of "publicity"/reach is hard to attain. What we'll do with it only depends on us.

Perhaps more On-Topic : Another small idea, geared more towards charity - Host/Run donation/charity events, but within each members area/country - Basically we would incentivize members to donate to their local shelter / charity house/institution and if provided with some proof of help we could make a leaderboard and the top 3 users would be mentioned / interviewed on the YT channel! This would be optimal if the donation was either by food / money or, since this is a BTC forum, why not crypto? What better way to push further the adoption?
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
~ihaveadhdsoiamsnippingthis~
Gotta say, I love this reply. So simple, yet so ...genuine.

And yeah, I pretty much agree with you. And the audiences for crypto for the most part is going to continue just looking for the A, B and Cs of what you mentioned. I would say very few people of the majority of the youtube population would actually give a shit to learn and understand things properly whilst the rest would always want to watch a 3 min animated video and scram. That is just how it is.

Think of it like how people want to get fit and want to lose 30 KGs/60 pounds per week without hardcore dieting, and without doing cardio and want an easy way out. Same goes with crypto, they just want to understand the basics and voila I want to be a rich bitch millionaire.

I really, like really do think the bitcointalk channel could do insanely well on youtube considering how mainstream crypto is getting. I mean, we are at a point where celebrities and influencers are promoting pump and dump shitcoins. Do we really think this would have happened years ago when bitcoin was at 2k? Probably not.

legendary
Crypto channels have been known for having horrible retention rate(for how long does an average user watch your video).
I think that mostly has to due to the fact that most people that watch these channels are either:

• A - Looking for youtubers that are going to give them the secrets to life a financially independent life trought miracle TA of crypto charts
  • B - People who actually want to understand what crypto means and what's behind it
  • C - Average Joe's that just heard about crypto on their daily commune, they even try to understand it but after 4 minutes they decide it's not for them

Albeit writing and making content related with crypto may be hard to cater to all audiences, I really believe that by using the forum "brand" we can already have a upper hand in generating leads towards our channel - It would be then up to us to make the best of it. And I'm totally confident that we have the members & organization to make this project success we just need determination and a good team spirit - as long we don't end up in the dangerous vicious loop of making videos just for the sake of making videos and gathering views where the video itself doesn't have enough juice - I think we'll do alright. I mean, this forum has about 10 years and I would say that we're...

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
We're also working on the channel's artwork. We'll likely need more materials so if you know any crypto artists that would feel inspired by the idea, point them here!
I started looking for a designer and photoshop expert yesterday for a little artwork I want to have developed as soon as I figure out exactly what I need. I took a look at the services section and here are some threads of designers I found at the first page. I am sure many more are hiding on the next pages.

legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
I just saw this now but Oh my! There is big scope for this; if the potential is utilized to its max extent. There are very few good crypto channels on youtube as many have failed so I would suggest research first and then dive in. Crypto channels have been known for having horrible retention rate(for how long does an average user watch your video).

Considering the channel being focused on bitcointalk particularly, I think a banger episode will be to start off from Satoshi and the history of bitcointalk. Not many know how BTT actually came into place, and how bitcoin actually found its community. Sure the community awards is cool and all, but I guess if you're to start a legitimate channel, I really do think starting from Satoshi would only feel right.

Moving forward a lot of content could be split into:

How-to-bitcointalk: Content/videos going around how to use bitcointalk

How-not-to-scandal: This would be a fun idea where you could go over past scams of different extremes uncovered on bitcointalk

Community-shoutouts: vidoes that go around thanking members who have been the core reason for bitcointalk being a fun place for all these years.

studying-sundays: educational content on how to crypto.

Story-saturdays: Cover the stories that happened exclusively on bitcointalk, like: pizza for 10k Bitcoins, Hal Finey, the story of Bruno etc etc

Future fridays: Cover theories on how crypto is to evolve in the future and shut down dumb theories. idk I could come up with more ideas, but how are these for now?

Obviously there could be giveaways, merch, community games etc and even livestreams. I know achow101 does livestreams on twitch sometimes soo you know you know big things for btt. #to-the-moon
donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
If Mr. Beast sees this post and thread, he will be so happy that no one here can expect. He always loves to see that people all over the world are talking about him.  He also said on his channel that he doesn’t want to die with a lot of money in his bank, he just wants to live in people’s minds.
I smell a future possible collaboration.

That's aiming pretty high, but if it ever were to happen I would love the chance to be able to donate something for the video or be involved somehow.  Would love to meet Jimmy and the team.  My current support has been confined to ordering Mr Beast Burgers and merchandise.  It's absolutely amazing what they've been able to accomplish using YouTube.  His philanthropy channel continues to grow and support more and more food banks. 

Will there be sponsorship opportunities for the channel, or has there been discussion of a merchandise line?  That seems to be the popular way to fund YouTube channels as the Nelk Boys are estimated to make $70 million dollars per year off their clothing line.  Not sure Bitcointalk would ever reach those levels, but raising enough funds to support the creator and give away some life changing prizes is certainly possible.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
<...>
We're also working on the channel's artwork. We'll likely need more materials so if you know any crypto artists that would feel inspired by the idea, point them here!
I don't know how can I help in this one, but I'll just try to ping some winners of the previous art contest that I've mentioned on my reply a page or two ago : @Meddzs , @RiseX , @horagames, @1Dq , @Karmakid are you guys interested or know someone who may be?

Nice idea, just let me add two other graph-savy users: @xhomerx10 and @jayce (fancy a Bitcointalk.org YT channel signature?).
legendary
Heh heh.  I have avatars blocked, so I don't even know who my teammates are on the Tour de Fox.  And while it's true that it's an exclusive little cycling club, it's probably mysterious to many members (if they even give it a second thought) since there hasn't been much discussion about it that I've seen.
Rest assure, I guarantee you that you're travelling with a very essential group of members, you won't get lost in the rain  Cool
A few updates:
First filming day was a few days ago. Hopefully it won't be the only filming day, looking forward to adding more of the cool ideas in!  Grin
This is great news Cyrus! Has anyone noticed that ever since the creation of the thread (26th of August) and the first filming days we're just talking about almost 2 weeks? I think we already have a ton of work done in such a short notice, so I'm really excited to see any kind of draft / end result that may come from it.
I don't know how can I help in this one, but I'll just try to ping some winners of the previous art contest that I've mentioned on my reply a page or two ago : @Meddzs , @RiseX , @horagames, @1Dq , @Karmakid are you guys interested or know someone who may be?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
Thank you! A bigger, higher quality one is in the works. Guides as well, in the future.
Awesome , looking forward to the guides and all the other things that will be coming there for sure.

A few updates:
First filming day was a few days ago. Hopefully it won't be the only filming day, looking forward to adding more of the cool ideas in!  Grin
After we get a teaser and basic graphics done, the URLs will go public.
Thank you everyone again!
As others already have written , i am also excited about and cant wait to see the Teaser and the channels artwork !
If you need maybe some kind of copyright free Music you can hit me up on a PM as i produce my one Music also , if you want and like.

How did the filming day go, smooth sailing I assume?
I can imagine that he was nervous and excited at the same time maybe.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
I'm excited to see what sort of content has been filmed. How did the filming day go, smooth sailing I assume?

assuming that could be arranged.  And yes, it certainly would give a great amount of exposure to the forum as a byproduct, since no doubt people who aren't members of bitcointalk would be viewing videos like that.  Excellent idea.
I think its definitely possible, seems like Cyrus is really taking this seriously hiring a crew to do the filming, and with the support of the forum I think we might be able to see more success than if you were to start from scratch, and naturally the pull that the Youtube has being somewhat associated with Bitcointalk, will likely help.

If Mr. Beast sees this post and thread, he will be so happy that no one here can expect. He always loves to see that people all over the world are talking about him.  He also said on his channel that he doesn’t want to die with a lot of money in his bank, he just wants to live in people’s minds.
I smell a future possible collaboration.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Just like Bitcointalk has signature ads as a privilege to its users and bidding system for in-between ads here, I'd also like to add some 'advertisement facilities' to be availed for the users of this community on YouTube already to let them too utilize all crypto based advertising on this forum's YouTube channel which will also help generate revenue for the channel to bring in more stuff (I know admins are capable to do it on their own, but if advertisement of crypto helps both sides, this should also be promoted and taken care of).
Activity: 145
Merit: 103
I'd love to see some overwhelming positive content.  How about a MrBeast like channel?

For those unfamiliar, MrBeast gives away money, cars, houses, etc. to random people and those in need.  It's heartwarming positive content that popularizes the idea of giving away funds to help other people.  I think given the success of Bitcoin and this forum, I would personally love to see funds used to help others while encouraging and inspiring others to find the joy in giving.

Here's an example of his content, and one of my favorite videos: I Ordered Pizza And Tipped The House

Well if the BitcointalkForumYouTube channel can bring some content like them, I believe it will create a bigger kind of promotion online.  Or maybe similar content, arrange a contest on any type of topic here in this forum (technical, content writing for BitcointalkForumYouTube, graphics work for BitcointalkForumYouTube channel, etc. which can be helpful for this forum and community) and put a big price for the winners.  It can help you bring out some new talent, also help people show off their skills to the whole community here.  Then broadcast the full competition on the BitcointalkForumYouTube channel.  It will bring in both educational and entertainment content
Activity: 123
Merit: 49
Sig/Bounty Campaign Manager 4 hire AskGamblers COO
that's a very good news Bitcoin talk forum YouTube channel. when release YouTube channel link i am very exited this news , this channel always helpful all bitcoin talk forum community member happy journey Bitcoin talk forum YouTube channel
Pages:
Jump to: