Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitCoinTalk][COVID-19] Grim Reality - page 2. (Read 2357 times)

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
March 25, 2020, 09:34:32 PM
Can we please have a sensible discussion of this issue and any solutions to identifying UID's that fall silent during this period and are potentially hacked/brought back to life later?

For the purposes of the forum, I don't see how this would differ from business-as-usual handling of the issue. You're making too many assumptions. If there's mass extinction, I guarantee you we'll have more important things to worry about than whether bitcointalk accounts are hacked or not.

I have Glioblastoma, given ~2 months to live. I am currently at Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas, under quarantine for Coronavirus,
Oh wow, that is not good.

I always enjoyed reading your posts, even if they did sometimes break the rules -- you always had a certain level of energy and enthusiasm in your writing. I also know that at least in your forum related dealings, you would always do the right thing, and would always push for the right thing. I have no reason to doubt you were any different IRL.

It really sucks you have to live your presumptive last days under lockdown due to the coronavirus. I hope you are able to experience something that brings you at least some amount of joy in your last days.

God bless, bud! 
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
March 25, 2020, 09:14:23 PM

Shit man, I'm not sure what to say... first I'm learning of this. I couldn't believe it until I saw your post/picture from January.. Sad  very sad to hear. You were a big inspiration to me back in the BFL days, and continued to be one throughout the years. I had a bit of an issue with the account selling stuff but I got over it, on a personal level. Keep your spirits up Bruno. I wish you the best.

Now, let me rehoist you back up on our shoulders and parade you around the forum in a pink tutu. Smiley

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
March 25, 2020, 07:10:44 PM
Sounds like an extremely challenging diagnosis, all you can do in these cases is your get your house in order and hope for the best outcome.   My father passed in the last year after some bad luck and bad health and I partly blame myself for not recording more of everything he knew as he had done so much for the house and the family for so long and invariably alot of what he knew was unwritten.  Even the smallest of things will be of comfort to loved ones while they deal with everything. 
   Let us know if you ever bored or tracking down something online, Im sure theres someone in the forum who can be of some help on a fair range of topics.

I'm seeing a guy of only 40 years on the news tonight struggling to breathe from the virus, that possibility of being gone before your time is prospect everyone should consider as far as security for those you care for.   In crypto terms that'd be something like having a plan to pass on the security for wallets etc. 
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
March 25, 2020, 01:49:55 PM
I have Glioblastoma, given ~2 months to live. I am currently at Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas, under quarantine for Coronavirus,

I'm sorry you have to endure this my friend. This is a messy time for anyone but I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you. Thank you for sharing. Stay strong!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 25, 2020, 01:33:40 PM
Oh God  Cry this is the saddest thing I've read today. Perhaps it is helpless when death exists before our eyes that we cannot do anything else. I really do not know anything to help you, praying is not a good thing, it will not help you. Instead, I think it would be better to continue living happily, for example traveling. But in this situation, you can't even travel. Damn virus  Roll Eyes
This is the first time I've seen someone with this disease, hopefully you can overcome it to continue living happily  Cry

thanks, bud
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
March 25, 2020, 12:33:25 PM
Oh God  Cry this is the saddest thing I've read today. Perhaps it is helpless when death exists before our eyes that we cannot do anything else. I really do not know anything to help you, praying is not a good thing, it will not help you. Instead, I think it would be better to continue living happily, for example traveling. But in this situation, you can't even travel. Damn virus  Roll Eyes
This is the first time I've seen someone with this disease, hopefully you can overcome it to continue living happily  Cry
legendary
March 25, 2020, 11:30:33 AM
Can we please have a sensible discussion of this issue and any solutions to identifying UID's that fall silent during this period and are potentially hacked/brought back to life later?

For the purposes of the forum, I don't see how this would differ from business-as-usual handling of the issue. You're making too many assumptions. If there's mass extinction, I guarantee you we'll have more important things to worry about than whether bitcointalk accounts are hacked or not.

I have Glioblastoma, given ~2 months to live. I am currently at Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas, under quarantine for Coronav

Sorry to hear that bud.  Hopefully you pass peacefully, and in peace.

I forgive you for anything you ever did to me (although I can' think of anything).

Sad
irus,

Hope you are fine and get to a better health soon.

With LOVE.
Regards,

I sincerely hope that you are resting comfortably and hope that you are able to find closure in real life as well as here.

thank you, guys

(I don't have use of my right hand, hence sentences not grammatically correct. I use Google Voice to copy and paste.)
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
March 25, 2020, 12:44:08 AM

Sorry to hear that bud.  Hopefully you pass peacefully, and in peace.

I forgive you for anything you ever did to me (although I can' think of anything).

Sad
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415
March 25, 2020, 12:02:57 AM

Hope you are fine and get to a better health soon.

With LOVE.
Regards,
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 24, 2020, 10:50:30 PM

I sincerely hope that you are resting comfortably and hope that you are able to find closure in real life as well as here.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 09:28:34 PM

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 24, 2020, 07:52:56 PM
You can ask the same question to another member who also posted what is "best treatment" for COVID-19.

All levels of Government here in Fortress Australia are echoing the advice of the World Health Organisation.

• Wash your hands regularly including when handling cash
  • Maintain Social Distancing (Aust advises 4 sq mtrs)
  • Avoid large gatherings (Aust was at 500 persons outside and 100 indoors, but last night have changed that to ten out doors and fewer still indoors).
    • Stay at home.
    • Avoid large family gatherings.
    • Only travel out to buy food.
  • Treat health care professionals with respect.  Care for them while they care for you.
  • I'm sure there are more - we are all having to adjust to new normals.

I'm sure there are more.

But the question is, whether we will be still using Bitcoin Forum or any other forum when such high rate of deaths start occurring around us?

People should continue to remain focused and active during any lock-down or stay at home.  500 out for more than 110,000 active users is a small portion of the users.  The forum will continue.  

Where it *might* come unstuck is if anything were to happen to @theymos or one or two others that hodl the purse strings and/or keys to the forum.

I can feel huge decrease in the forum activity,not many threads were created,not much posts not sure where we are heading to due to this corina outbreak.I am also at lockdown now for the past two days huge demand for groceries here already.

Be safe guys...

For six months there will definitely be a decline in participation of the forum - that's a given, but I have no doubt the forum will bounce back.  In Australia the staples are being stock piled: sugar, long life milk, pasta & rice, tinned and frozen grains (peas, corn, lentils, chick peas etc)  gravy mixes to name a few have all been panic bought...

...as has toilet paper.  Roll Eyes

Stay Safe, keep in touch via electronic mediums.  Be sensible too.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
March 24, 2020, 06:00:40 PM
It is actually suggested to drink a lot of hot fluids on a regular basis, especially tea. Why? Because the virus stays in your nose and mouth for several days before making its way down towards the lungs.
Should I start snorting hot tea so that I can access my naval cavity, then? Take a look at the anatomical structure of your head...

Done?
You can ask the same question to another member who also posted what is "best treatment" for COVID-19. If only the media is to blame in this case, or people who believe all they read/hear?

They would do better if they banned all drugs that compromised immune systems, and then allowed us to build a herd immunity. The best treatment for the virus is drinking hot water. This increases the effectiveness of your immune system, and it ensures that you are not dehydrated.
In all fairness, JC's response had a different rationale in comparison to the former. The two differ in reason and are thus different ideas. The derivation of hypotheses changes the very nature of the hypothesis itself. For example, consider the FE gravitational belief of the Earthly plane moving upwards at 9.8m/s2 as opposed to another belief in gravitational forces between matter.
That being said, there is a lot of information parroting and unclear sources unfortunately do not stop the spread thereof.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
March 24, 2020, 12:52:06 PM
I can feel huge decrease in the forum activity,not many threads were created,not much posts not sure where we are heading to due to this corina outbreak.I am also at lockdown now for the past two days huge demand for groceries here already.

Be safe guys...
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
March 24, 2020, 08:38:17 AM
Interesting post.

It was very thoughtful of you to put it on record that how many users are active and what coronavirus can do to us. Im pretty sure this will be scene in coming days.

But the question is, whether we will be still using Bitcoin Forum or any other forum when such high rate of deaths start occurring around us? I mean what would you do? Come on the forum, wander alone and offer xyz stuff to dead people?

Slowly forum itself will become inactive and no one would be there to manage us (if we are not dead in first place).

Grim reality is we are in dangerous pandemic situation and if overcomes the world then there is no meaning to the forum, money, crypto etc. It would be just life!
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
March 24, 2020, 08:01:20 AM
It is actually suggested to drink a lot of hot fluids on a regular basis, especially tea. Why? Because the virus stays in your nose and mouth for several days before making its way down towards the lungs.
Should I start snorting hot tea so that I can access my naval cavity, then? Take a look at the anatomical structure of your head...

Done?

You can ask the same question to another member who also posted what is "best treatment" for COVID-19. If only the media is to blame in this case, or people who believe all they read/hear?

They would do better if they banned all drugs that compromised immune systems, and then allowed us to build a herd immunity. The best treatment for the virus is drinking hot water. This increases the effectiveness of your immune system, and it ensures that you are not dehydrated.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
March 23, 2020, 02:15:51 PM
I would appreciate any links you have that confirm that.
I heard that 'recommendation' on a local news program but seeing the reply by actmyname it made me look into it. Turns out it was one of those fake tips and tricks that have been making headlines lately. I am now surprised it was even mentioned on that show, which is well known over here for good reporting. Sorry, bad advice on my part combined with not thinking before posting!

But I do still suggest people should drink water and tea instead of fruit-like concentrate juice piss or soft drinks. I am not letting anyone take that part away.   
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 21, 2020, 10:50:32 PM

Thanks for your observations - as I've said to everyone else if you can provide a URL to back up your assertion, then I am more than happy to amend any previous post that I've made in this thread.

Clinical trials of potential vaccines are being worked on around the clock - I did briefly hear another drug to combat a previous virus might actually work on attacking the COVID-19 strain - if I hear anything concerning that I'll pass it on here.

Micro breweries are being converted to produce hand-sanitiser to bolster demand.  An example of which is the former cricketer Shane Warne's micro brewed gin distillery.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/shane-warne-turns-gin-distillery-hand-sanitizer-69722955

Shane Warne turns gin distillery over to hand sanitizer
Legendary Australia leg-spinner Shane Warne has turned his hand from making gin to making hand-sanitizer as shortages frustrate attempts to control the coronavirus outbreak
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
March 21, 2020, 10:19:49 PM
I did read an advisory earlier on high alcohol spirits as drinks to combat Corona and its actually a danger because it lowers immune response.   As a cleaning agent if you spilled your drink over the table and even better set fire to it, thats great but drinking like smoking I suspect is not the best choice for improving % odds.
    Oxygen supply or highly oxygenated drinks if thats such a thing, maybe or I was suggest Vit C drinks as its very easy to be low on this intake.

Statistically a widespread change to world would likely have some change to the forum but I think its going to be hard to guess how much.   The biggest deal is change in behaviour by everyone ill, survivor or uninfected and thats the biggest alteration.   So I thought OP was about to say more accounts created from a greater online population.    Also Corona can be passed and caught via paper money, surely this should be helping Crypto alot.   A side point is phones should be wiped clean regularly or its reducing benefits of washing hands.

On deaths, memento mori.  Unique active accounts 1% with another 0.1% to account for the forum membership in high risk groups who are a minority is my guess.        Overall dont be too down about this all imo, I'm quite certain the chances of dying in a car accident far out rate the dangers of this virus and people ignore this from familiarity hence ironically it becomes an ever greater danger.   Not sure thats a cheery note exactly but the biggest risks in life, the odds can be improved.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 603
March 21, 2020, 04:55:06 PM
I am not interested in your topic around assumptions about members on this forum, I see a lot of assumptions made, there is no basis to confirm  Roll Eyes But to talk about Covid-19, this terrible disease made me feel insecure  Sad Ignoring temporarily the place I'm living, it's quite peaceful to worry. But looking at what is happening in Italy, Iran and some countries in Europe, I wonder how much worse it will be in the future. They seemed helplessly the damn spread of it  Roll Eyes A real crisis is taking place  Roll Eyes Meanwhile, recently, the UK still held a music festival for thousands of people attending, they didn't seem to be worried about the spread.

I work in a Vaccine industry and we have already started the isolation of strains for Coronavirus. As it seems the study is coming up with complex behaviour of the virus and its self modification in reference with the external environment.

In just few weeks virus has made itself sustain in harsh conditions like heat and cold. It can survive anywhere from zero degree (dormant stage) to over 60 degree's and thus making it more vulnerable.

However, with the isolation we have confirmed the pre-clinical testing to held in next 6 months so as to start developing raw vaccine to be tested in animals.

@Timelord2067, your assumptions are way far from correct as you would never know at what rate Corona will start spreading!

It may just occur that it will start multiplying at far greater speeds than the current one due to its all time evolving phases.

I am not sure if i look into this topic as mathematically fun with some serious background in it but scientifically its not worthy. (Just my opinion).
Pages:
Jump to: