Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcons are just empty numbers on the internet without any value or legal power - page 3. (Read 1873 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
If someone thinks that bitcoin is just empty numbers recorded in a public book on the Internet, he has the right to think so. No one forces him to buy bitcoins or other crypto currency. He also has the right to pass by the freedoms and amenities that the crypto currency provides. This is a private matter for everyone.
in fact those people who do not have any idea about bitcoin, those who do not use it yet, they can think so, but i am sure that those who have little experience about bitcoin they will never think that bitcoin is just an empty numbers of internet, they know the importance and value of bitcoin and i am sure that very soon the other people will also realize the importance of bitcoin which is in fact the need of the time and in modern time we can expect that people will depend on bitcoin for everything.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The value of Bitcoin is inherent in the mining cost, the electricity and time is takes to mine a Bitcoin.

And in demand, if many people wish to have bitcoin they need to buy it from miners, and if many
people wish to have it than demand is going up and moving the price up, cause supply stays the same
and over time supply will go down, with every next halving.
   Bitcoins are not just empty numbers on the internet, if that is true then it would be easy to copy
them, multiply them like you wish, and that could do everyone with little knowledge. Value comes from
all that Cripperz said already and demand from other people, legal power is in bitcoin technology.
   This kind of topics can not change what we think and feel about bitcoin, they can just unite us more,
that is what I see in this comments, most of us think in the same way.
Activity: 131
Merit: 11
Blog.CripperZ.SG
The value of Bitcoin is inherent in the mining cost, the electricity and time is takes to mine a Bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Gold is just a shiny mineral that someone gave value to for some reason out there. That's your argument..
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
The same thing can be said for dollars and other paper moneys , they don't have actual values peoples are the one who make these paper moneys have value when they agree that a paper with a $1 sign on it can buy you a cup of coffee. So don't just go around saying bitcoins are worthless numbers like that!
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
Bitcoin can not be touched, but with the help of it you can earn very well and buy everything you need. It's just a digital currency of the future to which many are not yet accustomed.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
That is why it is called a digital currency! If Bitcoin is just a number with no value, how come you can use it to buy items online? Why can you exchange it into fiat? Value is not about legality! It is about acceptance. Bitcoin is valuable because people are willing to accept it and use it for online transactions. Even the latest mobile phone can lose their value after a few years because people lose interest on it due to the new models of mobile phones.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
The OP explain about the fiat money that there's no relationship with bitcoins, he is believe in the banks power and the government that control the fiat money, even after they take the value of money due to inflation in fiat, he still said bitcoins were just empty numbers on the internet without any value or legal power, the big reason many people who invested into bitcoins due to system of fiat money was failed.
Not at all. People didnt really invest to bitcoin because they saw fiat money system was a fail.Im sure it would really be on other purpose which is on making money not totally on its innovation.I might be wrong but these are just my opinion and perception. Fiat system would still remain no matter what since its been backed by government always and we cant do anything about it.Just let bitcoin stand on his own field.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
If someone thinks that bitcoin is just empty numbers recorded in a public book on the Internet, he has the right to think so. No one forces him to buy bitcoins or other crypto currency. He also has the right to pass by the freedoms and amenities that the crypto currency provides. This is a private matter for everyone.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
The OP explain about the fiat money that there's no relationship with bitcoins, he is believe in the banks power and the government that control the fiat money, even after they take the value of money due to inflation in fiat, he still said bitcoins were just empty numbers on the internet without any value or legal power, the big reason many people who invested into bitcoins due to system of fiat money was failed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 112
Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0
The Internet itself as everything with computers is just empty numbers of ones and zeros so of course this is the case for bitcoins and everything else
Activity: 2408
Merit: 213
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
what do you mean legal power bitcoin in many country have a legal power as currency government give bitcoin value to excahnge in fiat money and also empty number or series number do you looking for bitcoin like the series from the fiat money bitcoin are came from the volatile crypto currency so no need to use a number for the control of bitcoin as currency the important of this bitcoin give help to the economy to each nation accepted as currency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
This is what i thought back in 2015, that Bitcoin is just an intangible coin, circulating online without any protection or guidance. But once i study and know more about it, i figured it out it is way to go for future. One thing i want to say, even though you can't see it and can;'t feel it doesn't mean it worth nothing Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Lol I feel like you maybe should have written this back in 2012 or something. You're way too uneducated and way too late to be so uneducated. Get caught up before you make yourself look even more stupid.

"Screw email. If the post office doesn't accept it then I'm not going to trust it." Ignoramus.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Umm, op has little valid points, but on most of what he said, I disagree. Yes, bitcoin is something that satoshi made, and people saw then was sold with a certain price, so came its value, then it got a bit more harder to get day after day, weeks, months, then years so it got a bit more expensive. Just like gold, people saw it, liked it, and sold it to someone who liked it also, then boom. Came its value. So bitcoin is not something that has no value. Hope you get this.
Activity: 459
Merit: 104
Maybe bitcoin are empty numbers on the internet but at least they have some value. This is what makes the bitcoin good, their value, they are acccepted for good money by almost every country in the world. Also there are some western countries that accept them legally. It is good that they are empty numbers, you do not have to print paper or wahtsoever, they can be sent easely through the internet to everyone to pay for what you want.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
first of all, the internet if you really take a look at it, even your computer, your phones, all are made up of 1s and 0s, basically they're numbers, only man gives them value. the paper notes your central banks print out, they're made out of numbers, in the case of gold,however, man gave it value for some reason, that it is a precious metal. i think we need to go back to history and check how money works and how it started, first there was the barter exchange, no physical money money was used, you only trade in goods and services, then there came, gold coins, since it is a precious metal,why not use it for exchange of goods and services, so the more gold you have back them, the more buying power you have, then came silver coins, it is also the same with gold, then we started to print out i.o.u.s since gold is heavy to carry around, we use i.o.u.s in replacement of gold, and that gold is being deposited in banks, in turn it became paper notes, similar to the money use today, but it is being back up by gold, if you have money then, it means you have gold under your name, then they took the paper notes, out of the gold standard and it became petrodollar, which is fiat today, in a sense, it doesn't have any value since it is not being backed up by any precious metal, the value is just rising, depending on the oil trade, and we all know that the price of oil can be manipulated, however for bitcoin, since it follows the law of supply and demand, it has value, since it is being considered not just as currency but as an asset, we might see a lot of characters during transactions, but it is just like the receipt we see on groceries. bitcoin also has value because it has its own buying power and as of now it is being valued around 4000 usd. bitcoin being treated as an asset, also separates it from fiat, since fiat, is not an asset it is just a currency, something that is being used only for transaction.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Geez, even those numbers on your bank account don't really mean anything, but because the government shoves this shit into our asses, we can't do anything but agree that these papers do have value.

Let's get back to your logic: if someone doesn't agree that this piece of paper and numbers on my bank account has value, can I do something about it? No. Honestly we all just believe that these numbers, papers and nickel/brass/whatever carry value and legal liability because the government told us so. I mean, I can make my own money out of paper, draw it with crayons and let people believe that it's worth something, right? As long as someone agrees with me, my piece of paper will carry value.

Everything in this world really is worthless at start, but because groups of people keep on agreeing that something is worth X, it becomes valuable and carries value, same as bitcoins, dollar, gold, oil and whatnot.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Bitcoin is literally the internet of money, don't presume that it has no value or just an empty coin over the internet network because it has no physical manifestation or you cannot touch it in your own bare hands, dollars, gold and any other forms of money has no value at all if there is no demand of it, precious metal is expensive because it lacks supply.
Pages:
Jump to: