Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys - page 81. (Read 74414 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Absolutely useless program. No matter how lucky you are, you can never find a single private key with bitcoins in address. This is the same as looking for a grain of sand in the universe. By the way, there is an explanation, but now I can’t find the link to the site.

There will be people trying an impossible task, what if they can, what if they found a method to crack any address, what if they can steal from these addresses, let's just pray no genius finds a way to do this, or everything will be over, all dreams will be shattered.

tell that to people who won powerball.

If there is a possibility, even if its tiny, it will happen if many enough try. You should possibly read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Activity: 952
Merit: 27
Absolutely useless program. No matter how lucky you are, you can never find a single private key with bitcoins in address. This is the same as looking for a grain of sand in the universe. By the way, there is an explanation, but now I can’t find the link to the site.

There will be people trying an impossible task, what if they can, what if they found a method to crack any address, what if they can steal from these addresses, let's just pray no genius finds a way to do this, or everything will be over, all dreams will be shattered.
Activity: 142
Merit: 70

Unless for weak private keys like on 100 BTC Challenge
Thank you for your information, You have any idea about this tool in linux ?
I don't know why I can't "make" always problem in code.
Please if you have any similar program that can be run in linux share it with me.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

The first paragraph in the OP states why this program exists (and is useful for that purpose)

I've been working on a tool for brute-forcing Bitcoin private keys. The main purpose of this tool is to contribute to the effort of solving the Bitcoin puzzle transactions: https://blockchain.info/tx/08389f34c98c606322740c0be6a7125d9860bb8d5cb182c02f98461e5fa6cd15
Activity: 149
Merit: 7

Unless for weak private keys like on 100 BTC Challenge
Activity: 1120
Merit: 263
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
I don't know more about btc, but about ETH I have an idea if its true . your program take as input the public key and try to generate private key. why not create program that generate private keys randomly, and tried to know if your private key generated is linked to a user wallet ? I think this may be possible than tried to generate private key of unique wallet.
If I make any error about understanding please correct me. I am still understanding how blockchain work
Nope, he's trying to create a security layer for the private key in case of lost, where to access the funds you need to guess the password, very like a type of brainwallet, the problem is: since you reveal parts of your private key, the key isn't too private anymore and it's a matter of time to anyone with knowledge and computer power (Home PC, Google Cloud Engine, whatever) access the funds.
I'm totally sure that no one still did that because of tiny ammount of money on wallet, put more money on that and you see how the magic happens  Tongue
Activity: 142
Merit: 70
I don't know more about btc, but about ETH I have an idea if its true . your program take as input the public key and try to generate private key. why not create program that generate private keys randomly, and tried to know if your private key generated is linked to a user wallet ? I think this may be possible than tried to generate private key of unique wallet.
If I make any error about understanding please correct me. I am still understanding how blockchain work
10 bucks reward would only be worth it if only 3 characters were missing

For 10 bucks you can power up my computer for 10 minutes  Tongue

c'mon bro put a decent bitcoin on that and we'll start to play, 16 char long to guess a private key it's a good challenge, even with bitcrack and a 2080Ti GPU.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10505
In this image I put a private key that is missing 13 characters. If you can guess the password, you can have access to decrypting the characters needed to unlock the private key.

If anyone can crack this private key, they can have access to some Bitcoin I sent to it.

that's not a private key because as other user pointed out you capitalized all the letters which means you yourself won't be able to recover it without brute forcing!
secondly, when you put up a challenge like this there has to be enough incentive for anybody to even bother looking into it. it is a work versus reward thing. 10 bucks reward would only be worth it if only 3 characters were missing Cheesy

true but would you rather have somebody find your paper wallet private keys in plain sight or give a challenge to the perp to securely prevent lost bitcoins. Of course I recommend you have another back up in a different location to prevent the central point of failure.

the "somebody" first has to
- come to my home be able to enter it
- then go through all my shit and find the keys wherever i have written them
- then has to figure out whether it is a key or not since it doesn't look like it
- then he has to sit down for a million years trying to break the AES encryption i have used on it Wink
Activity: 19
Merit: 5
Here is the updated Shieldcrypt with 16 hidden characters.

https://imgur.com/a/wl9lwgs
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
Hey guys, newbie here glad I found this thread. I'm not a programmer or know how to brute force these bitcoin wallets.

Iv'e been working on a new way to store your private keys privately and securely out in the open. Essentially if somebody can have access to your private key, They will be unable to unlock the wallet.

In this image I put a private key that is missing 13 characters. If you can guess the password, you can have access to decrypting the characters needed to unlock the private key.

If anyone can crack this private key, they can have access to some Bitcoin I sent to it.

Good luck guys. Freddy.

You want, that for 0.00136069 BTC (it is less than $ 12 on a today's rate) someone seriously has engaged in your riddle?
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
Im actually redoing the formula, noticed that bitcoin private keys are case sensitive.
Also the "decryption table" below,
you're accidentally giving away clues that those characters pointing to invalid characters shouldn't be used.
(read my post above)

You get what I mean?
Im actually redoing the formula, noticed that bitcoin private keys are case sensitive.
true but would you rather have somebody find your paper wallet private keys in plain sight or give a challenge to the perp to securely prevent lost bitcoins. Of course I recommend you have another back up in a different location to prevent the central point of failure.
legendary
Im planning on implementing this in my notebook that is launching this year. A notebook to store private keys. Shieldfolio.com

The goal is to help users store private keys privately in case somebody stumbles upon these private keys.

Make a secret less secret by default just in case someone stumbles upon that secret?

How does revealing part of a private key make it more private?
Im planning on implementing this in my notebook that is launching this year. A notebook to store private keys. Shieldfolio.com

The goal is to help users store private keys privately in case somebody stumbles upon these private keys.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
IDK what you're making but it's so wrong in so many levels.

First, it's missing 14 characters (not 13)  Undecided
Next, looks like the private key is in compressed WIF format which should be in base58 encoding,
means that there shouldn't be any zero, capital "o", lower-case "L" and capital "i" in the list; but there's an "O" and a "0" in the table.

Lastly, why all caps? Is your 1C2SvZUDaSr6zzTTZr7vNeCo5jbz1bwiGe address' WIF private key all-caps?
legendary
Sure, the Bitcion Address is 1C2SvZUDaSr6zzTTZr7vNeCo5jbz1bwiGe

I will send 0.00007185 BTC in the next couple of minutes to prove I signed the transaction.

Yeah, but again: why?

Is this simply a fun challenge, or are you planning to use (and promote) this method of storing private keys?

As has been proven in the puzzle challenge thread, brute forcing ~76 bits (in this case) of key is not impossible.
legendary
Hey guys, newbie here glad I found this thread. I'm not a programmer or know how to brute force these bitcoin wallets.

Iv'e been working on a new way to store your private keys privately and securely out in the open. Essentially if somebody can have access to your private key, They will be unable to unlock the wallet.

I'm trying to understand why you would want to store a private key "out in the open"? With 13 characters to brute force, the key is still going to be 'difficult' to break, but certainly a lot easier than if the entire key was kept private. Since the password appears to map letters and numbers to the missing base58 parts of the key, based on statistical analysis of language, the search space could be narrowed down considerably.

Can you reveal the address and sign a message to prove this is a real challenge?
Pages:
Jump to: