Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys - page 90. (Read 74332 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 435
HI,
Does anyone know that is there similar software for Etherium??
Thanks!
There is https://github.com/tmgroupsecurity/EthCrack but trying to generate many private keys is not viable and you won't find any pk with funds on it. Ever.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
HI,
Does anyone know that is there similar software for Etherium??
Thanks!
Hi,
I ran clBitCrack.exe on Win10 and when program started generating keys my computer became really slow. CPU utilization was only 8% but everything was really sloooow (youtube, web, windows). I tested multiple -b  -t -p and the only difference was that it generated more keys. Is there any solution for this? Does this happen with better cards too (like GTX 1080ti)?

Ryzen 2700x +  Radeon HD 5700

Thanks!
Hi,

the program makes use of the GPU in order to generate many addresses (which is done by hashing the public key, and GPUs are better at hashing than CPUs) so it makes sense that it affects programms which make use of your GPU too..

Yea, it does use 99% of GPU. That sucks though, can't do anything else on my PC. Would be nice to have option for GPU usage %.
Activity: 279
Merit: 435
Hi,
I ran clBitCrack.exe on Win10 and when program started generating keys my computer became really slow. CPU utilization was only 8% but everything was really sloooow (youtube, web, windows). I tested multiple -b  -t -p and the only difference was that it generated more keys. Is there any solution for this? Does this happen with better cards too (like GTX 1080ti)?

Thanks!
Hi,

the program makes use of the GPU in order to generate many addresses (which is done by hashing the public key, and GPUs are better at hashing than CPUs) so it makes sense that it affects programms which make use of your GPU too..
Hi,

Thanks!
Activity: 67
Merit: 24
Very much appreciated! The donations are going towards new hardware, as I only have a GeForce GT 640 and Radeon 280X at the moment.

You are welcome! I played a bit with the gpu code, that is rocketship code for me, but I managed to understand that I cannot change it easily to
do random addresses as the stride is set at the initialization of the GPU node (not even sure if it's possible or if it's pheasible with the way gpu work is done). So I will use at intended Smiley. I set a random stride and nextKey using the generatePrivateKey(); so it generates a new set everytime the app is launched and counts at the random next key.

I am using GTX 690X, launched the app twice, with 1 app per node (gtx 690 has 2 nodes) and I am getting a total of 80 Mh/s.

I though it would be cool to link this with the blocksci, but I think the way you made it work with loading the list into the memory of the GPU is much more efficient than doing queries to blocksci.

Best of luck with your project, it's very nice of you that you shared the code, as I see it was a lot of work involved.
Activity: 30
Merit: 122
Nice job with the tool! It's perfect to work on something for hobby. It's modern lottery run by computer, I sent my thanks to your BTC wallet as well.. In case I find any lost wallet I will split proffits Smiley).

Very much appreciated! The donations are going towards new hardware, as I only have a GeForce GT 640 and Radeon 280X at the moment.
Activity: 67
Merit: 24
Nice job with the tool! It's perfect to work on something for hobby. It's modern lottery run by computer, I sent my thanks to your BTC wallet as well.. In case I find any lost wallet I will split proffits Smiley).
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Might just be quicker to hash out new addresses en-masse then use a checking script to check if any of your generated addresses have balances already. You have a better chance hitting the lottery 20 weeks in a row, than finding any sizable amount in billions of keys.

Any "sizable" amount?

Unless you're searching in the space where toy keys such as 1, 2, 3 etc are located, you are unlikely to find any keys, ever. And toy keys will have a zero balance.
legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
Might just be quicker to hash out new addresses en-masse then use a checking script to check if any of your generated addresses have balances already. You have a better chance hitting the lottery 20 weeks in a row, than finding any sizable amount in billions of keys.

-MisterCoin
Activity: 91
Merit: 3
gtx 1070

-b 15 -t 512 -p 4120 both 80Mkeys with 87k file

only compressed 245 Mkeys with 4k file
Activity: 242
Merit: 17
Rx480 8Gb     107.04 MKey/s
clBitCrack  --b 72 -t 256 -p 2048

Rx480 4Gb     100.00 MKey/s
clBitCrack  --b 72 -t 256 -p 1024

Activity: 30
Merit: 122
on one gtx 1050ti  64 Mkey/s
bat file ( -b 500 -t 128 -p 128 )

You can probably get more than 64Mkeys/second. Try increasing the p parameter.
Activity: 8
on one gtx 1080  130 Mkey/s (with 40k targets)
bat file ( -b 32 -t 512 -p 1024 )

Activity: 8
on one gtx 1050ti  64 Mkey/s
bat file ( -b 500 -t 128 -p 128 )

https://i.imgur.com/ncW62d3.png
Activity: 32
Merit: 11
Please ! make a benchmark table !

Activity: 106
Merit: 1
To search for a compressed key, the speed is even higher.

Great job, brichard!
bitcrack scales nice on top GPUs. It is 50% more effective, than 1070 (megakeys/bucks).
copper member
Activity: 66
Brute-force is one of the oldest methods of breaking security. However, the current hardware is not capable of brute-forcing the security of Bitcoin. It will take too many years to get a decent result which is not even worth. However, quantum computers can pose a threat to the current cryptography security.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
To search for a compressed key, the speed is even higher.
bat file: cuBitCrack.exe -c address -b 112 -t 512 -p 512 -o key.txt    

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
I tried RTX 2080ti not sure about the optimal settings for it, but it turned out the following

Pages:
Jump to: