Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys - page 91. (Read 74254 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Well, alternate methods and programs aside, is there any inkling of a chance for a cuda 8 build on the latest version? Figure it's a fun use of old-ass cards that couldn't mine their way out of a wet paper bag in the current era.
Activity: 91
Merit: 3

Ask questions here, why not??? This is the BTC forum right?

Trouble is the PTB censor everything, they have their own 'myths' study joseph cambell, so why not discuss here, what do the PTB have to fail,

p.s. fuck discord, facebook, twitter, gab.io, and all the other corporate 'chat spots'

What do you have to fear? Just ask questions, and I will answer

Lastly, you asked "How can I get the private-key for 'x' address?" YOU can't its impossible, there are 10**77 keys, there are 10**72 atoms in the universe, you can't even find a mouse on the earth in your lifetime, you ain't going to find a particular atom in the know universe.

What I do is work with 200 milliion used addresses, all at once, using bloom-filters that are on the GPU board, 150M/sec escda transactions, on each the bloom is check on a single cycle, if there is a hit it is recorded and later verified,

Thus I'm 200M more times each day to find the 'atom' than you are, but that is still not much, so then we have to use smart ideas like where to look, in DLP there is giant-step/baby-step, many ways find pre-calculate and no where to look so you drop the odds to your favor.

FYI, there are 50k high-value bitcoin addresses, your not likely to find one even using my techniques daily, but just running through 1 to 10**77, even if everyone on earth had a computer, your not likely to ever find a 'hit' for your address; I get hits everyday, albeit most are 0.0001 bitcoin accounts, but at least their hits,

I think in time we will be able to solve the DLP problem A = D*P, where A is the address and D is the private key, and P is the prime for ecdsa, here secp256k1, log solution  form is A = D+P, so we're trying to find D = A-P, problem is the modula is cyclic, we don't know how many spins, but there are lots of papers on this subject, and now with GPU's we can put a lot of the DLP algos in the GPU memory and let this stuff rip.

Haha yes I know that that I never find a priv key for 1 special address. That was not the question.
But I have a list with 42k addresses with a ffund of 50 BTC these are the addresses from 2009 and 2010 where the miking reward of 50 BTC goes to a wallet. The entry of the wallet means "NO TRANSAKTION NEW GENERATED Coins" so mabey when we have one pub key for that we can mine these blocks or something. There are 42k addresses and there are also 25 BTC addresses you know because The halfing after 4 years.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
To be absolutely clear: are you suggesting that you are able to find the private keys of funded Bitcoin addresses, where the keys are 100% random, and are not:

- Generated with a weak PRNG
- Insecure brain wallets (eg SHA256 of dictionary word or common phrase)
- A deliberate pattern like 0x4200000000.... or 0xdeadbeef00000000....
- Already listed somewhere (some private keys appear in the Bitcoin source for testing)

Huh

That's what he claims. But obviously that's just a troll.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
FYI, there are 50k high-value bitcoin addresses, your not likely to find one even using my techniques daily, but just running through 1 to 10**77, even if everyone on earth had a computer, your not likely to ever find a 'hit' for your address; I get hits everyday, albeit most are 0.0001 bitcoin accounts, but at least their hits,

To be absolutely clear: are you suggesting that you are able to find the private keys of funded Bitcoin addresses, where the keys are 100% random, and are not:

- Generated with a weak PRNG
- Insecure brain wallets (eg SHA256 of dictionary word or common phrase)
- A deliberate pattern like 0x4200000000.... or 0xdeadbeef00000000....
- Already listed somewhere (some private keys appear in the Bitcoin source for testing)

Huh
Activity: 182
Merit: 30
Where can I find a list of all BTC dormant addresses since 2011, with a balance?
Or how/where can I start to build one like this?

Thank you for any references

You can take a look at this topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47684089

There are several links to resources provided (and links to parser to do it yourself).

Another way would be to download and completely sync bitcoin core (with the -txindex parameter), then write a small script which parses each transaction and checks whether the receiving address still has funds.

Using a parser from the above link probably is easier and faster tho.

Thank you!  Wink

You have to build your own, this is easy, can be done with python, running a batch to date takes about 3 days, and then you need a mining-pool algo that run's every 15 minutes and updates your list forever, once you have the initial, you grab from the pool, that way you can get the new addresses before anyone else.

You need lots a bloom-filters, you don't check or search, you have a bloom-filter for every category and you run tools to check and see if that address have funds,

I can upload any python for any problem you want, but I need to know what people need.

The only time you go online is if you find an address that looks good, and then you want to see the value 'now' quite often you'll find the funds are already gone, as a lots addresses are used for 'spinning' or 'cleaning-coins', so the funds don't stay long, but these are the stuff you find the most frequent,

The pristine coins, like the original satatoshi, you can put in a list too, and call it pristine.blm, and then run your tools frequently, but again the odds of finding 1 in 50k is LOW, in your case the odd's of finding 1 in 10**77 is impossible

The problem with the address value bs, is all the code out there doesn't work, all the stuff was mostly written in 2013 and everytime that CORE changes the data-structure the programs get broken, and they're never maintained, that's why its best to have a small python routine that scrubs your own bitcoin server, and you do this ONCE, and then every 15 minutes forever. I like to keep all the different lists apart

like 100M satoshi, 10M satoshi, 1B satoshi ( 0.1 BTC )

Then for every such list you have a bloom filter for that list, some blooms must be 16gb, but these are the same blooms that get loaded into the GPU

Yes, sure I give out all the source to free to people in the third world, mostly India; The web-site is www.inflection.top, the github github.com/btc-room101, just tell me what you want,

I have 100's of tools I have written since 2012 when I started working on Bitcoin, most of the stuff is in python, and the gpu stuff of course is in C++;

I'm not inclined to put 100's of packages on github, so tell me what you want, I could make a list of what I have, best here is list what you want, and I'll tell you if  I have it, since I have done this crap for 6+ years ( hack bitcoin ), but I have been hacking crypto for 30+ years, so I have lots of code

I don't know what people want or need,

I think my site www.inflection.top discusses my areas of research, and the code, normally what I have done is from that site people ( usually students in 3rd world countrys ) send email and request code, I have found in the past that the 'guardians' of bitcointalk don't want anything real, they go out of their way to protect bitcoin, but as an intelligent person knows, knowing this stuff makes you strong, but instead the community prefers the continue the cannards and lies that has made them 'virtually rich', not unlike the little-prince ( a book ) where a man owned all the stars.

I would lke to see BITCOIN stronger, but the PTB want to keep it weak, just like FB,GOOG,TWITTER there is a concerted corporate effort to take away all notions of privacy and security. Here in BTC they tell us its secure, that its private, and anybody who steps forward with the truth is censored. This will be the downfall of BTC that it is over-lorded by imbeciles. In the meantime the RUSSIANS, CHINESE, and INDIANS will leave the west in the dust.

Do you have Discord mabey we can write there a bit ?

i have some interesting questions

I am also interested in your long time experience in BTC

Ask questions here, why not??? This is the BTC forum right?

Trouble is the PTB censor everything, they have their own 'myths' study joseph cambell, so why not discuss here, what do the PTB have to fail,

p.s. fuck discord, facebook, twitter, gab.io, and all the other corporate 'chat spots'

What do you have to fear? Just ask questions, and I will answer

Lastly, you asked "How can I get the private-key for 'x' address?" YOU can't its impossible, there are 10**77 keys, there are 10**72 atoms in the universe, you can't even find a mouse on the earth in your lifetime, you ain't going to find a particular atom in the know universe.

What I do is work with 200 milliion used addresses, all at once, using bloom-filters that are on the GPU board, 150M/sec escda transactions, on each the bloom is check on a single cycle, if there is a hit it is recorded and later verified,

Thus I'm 200M more times each day to find the 'atom' than you are, but that is still not much, so then we have to use smart ideas like where to look, in DLP there is giant-step/baby-step, many ways find pre-calculate and no where to look so you drop the odds to your favor.

I think in time we will be able to solve the DLP problem A = D*P, where A is the address and D is the private key, and P is the prime for ecdsa, here secp256k1, log solution  form is A = D+P, so we're trying to find D = A-P, problem is the modula is cyclic, we don't know how many spins, but there are lots of papers on this subject, and now with GPU's we can put a lot of the DLP algos in the GPU memory and let this stuff rip.

Yes, sure I give out all the source to free to people in the third world, mostly India; The web-site is www.inflection.top, the github github.com/btc-room101, just tell me what you want,

I have 100's of tools I have written since 2012 when I started working on Bitcoin, most of the stuff is in python, and the gpu stuff of course is in C++;

I'm not inclined to put 100's of packages on github, so tell me what you want, I could make a list of what I have, best here is list what you want, and I'll tell you if  I have it, since I have done this crap for 6+ years ( hack bitcoin ), but I have been hacking crypto for 30+ years, so I have lots of code

I think my site www.inflection.top discusses my areas of research, and the code, normally what I have done is from that site people ( usually students in 3rd world countrys ) send email and request code, I have found in the past that the 'guardians' of bitcointalk don't want anything real, they go out of their way to protect bitcoin, but as an intelligent person knows, knowing this stuff makes you strong, but instead the community prefers the continue the cannards and lies that has made them 'virtually rich', not unlike the little-prince ( a book ) where a man owned all the stars.

I would lke to see BITCOIN stronger, but the PTB want to keep it weak, just like FB,GOOG,TWITTER there is a concerted corporate effort to take away all notions of privacy and security. Here in BTC they tell us its secure, that its private, and anybody who steps forward with the truth is censored. This will be the downfall of BTC that it is over-lorded by imbeciles. In the meantime the RUSSIANS, CHINESE, and INDIANS will leave the west in the dust.

Do you have Discord mabey we can write there a bit ?

i have some interesting questions

I am also interested in your long time experience in BTC
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Where can I find a list of all BTC dormant addresses since 2011, with a balance?

You can take a look at this topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47684089

There are several links to resources provided (and links to parser to do it yourself).

Another way would be to download and completely sync bitcoin core (with the -txindex parameter), then write a small script which parses each transaction and checks whether the receiving address still has funds.

Thank you!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Hi all,

I've been working on a tool for brute-forcing Bitcoin private keys. The main purpose of this tool is to contribute to the effort of solving the Bitcoin puzzle transactions: https://blockchain.info/tx/08389f34c98c606322740c0be6a7125d9860bb8d5cb182c02f98461e5fa6cd15

Screenshot:

It is open-source under the MIT licence and requires no external dependencies other than the CUDA toolkit. It builds on Windows using Visual Studio 2015, and Linux using Make (you might have to edit the Makefile and point it towards your CUDA toolkit directory).

It can search for compressed/uncompressed keys or both.

The performance is good, but can likely be improved. On my hardware (GeForce GT 640) it gets 9.4 million keys per second compressed, 7.3 million uncompressed.

Note:
-Currently it is CUDA only.
-It can only search one target key at a time

Features I would like to add if there is enough interest for the project:

-Support for searching multiple target keys at one time Done
-OpenCL/AMD device support
-CPU with AVX/AVX2/SHA support
-Checkpoints/Stop and resume
-Vanity address generation

Source and Win32/Win64 binaries available here:
https://github.com/brichard19/BitCrack
https://github.com/brichard19/BitCrack/releases/tag/v0.0.6

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I wrote a package last year called 'inflection', its detailed on www.inflection.top, but I have been working on this problem since 2012, and I was an early miner, but I always found BTC-HACKING, e.g. solving the 'discrete log problem' more interesting than accumulating btc.

All the things you have asked for have been done,

But I might add that 'brute force' hunting is not the way to go about this problem, like the other guy 'LBC' linear collider, its stupid to search 1-N, where N is 2**256, as that is counting all the atoms in the universe, many times over. It can't be done, unless you have an infinite time-frame to solve the problem,

The way to go about this is INTELLIGENT selection of the seed for searching the frames ECDSA, also using SAGE and MSEIVE ( most powerful factoring tool on earth ), you can factor public-keys, and develop a good band for your search, also using FFT, and RNN-LSTM you can generate favorable regions for searching,

My software that supports all GPU HW, currently does 150M/sec calcs per 1060 class card, so on a typically GPU rig for mining, I can do over a Billion calc's per second, but that is still just 10***9, where our scope is say 10**77, and there are 10**71 atoms in the universe.

Also I don't think its possible to find a particular key for a particular address, the way to go about this problem, is I have 200 million addresses with value, and 100k with high-value, I use a four layer hierarchical bloom-filter that starts at 2*32, and goes up to 2**40, everytime I find a priv-key that matches my list, there is 0.0000001% chance of false-positive, that one in 10 million, but I'm doing a billion a second, so I'm geting a lot of false positive hits, so as candidates are found, they past to the next heirarchy of bloom filters, so I can kick out up to one in a billion false-positives, I usually dial this stuff in so I can about 100 candidates a day, then its easy to use the database online to check if the key found has a 'current value', if > 0, then I log, I have found lots of 0.001 BTC, but the odd's of finding > 0.01 BTC are low, as we're talking 2*22 in a space of 2**128

So in reality here I'm looking for 200 million keys at once, not looking for one, and I'm using best estimates of likelyness to search in spaces

I think the most progress will be made in the area of sage/msieve using the published papers on discrete-log problem solving, if you want to find a particular key for a particular public address. Right now I have it down to 2**42, which is still to long to search, but with 2**24 at once, my search space is only 2**22, which is no problem

do you have an open source software ?

can you find the bounty transactions mabey faster with your strategy ?

One advantage of focusing on puzzle transactions is that finding (and taking) those funds presents no moral dilemma. It's meant to be a reward.

please clarify - how is finding/taking funds (essentially stealing) found to have no moral dilemma? and why would stealing be a reward?

or am I misunderstanding and there is no stealing being done and these are just free funds floating out there?

Why is solving cryptographic problems as a miner not stealing, while it is stealing as a key cracker exactly? Because you say so?

Mining a block is essentially the same as solving a puzzle challenge: the winner is expected to claim the funds.

Cracking arbitrary addresses - funds that belong to other people - is completely different. IMHO.

Well its a HOBBY,

You can photograph stars, but so long as you don't travel there and steal the star its ok right?

How about photo-graphing a lion at the zoo? That's ok, so long as you don't just the fence and go into the den?

For many of us we do this because they said "IT CANT BE DONE", that is a mission for many people,

With regards to what do you do with an address/private-key combo once its found? I would say nothing really, when I find BTC addresses and match their physical key, I used to sweep, but that was years ago, but I don't even own an exchange account, I know it would be silly to even buy/sell BTC, as its all tracked.

Most of what we call BTC is BIG-LIE, that its secure, that its safe, that its private, ... its all a lie, the only thing real is the MATH, the SHA (NSA), the ECDSA (NSA) that is all real, so cracking the GOV's code is what makes this cool, but actually 'spending' btc would be like jumping the fence and going into the lions den.

www.inflection.top

For anybody here that wants to learn how to crack bitcoin, lets talk the talk, and I'll share the code.
legendary
Cracking arbitrary addresses - funds that belong to other people - is completely different. IMHO.

If you find a large wallet in low addresspace (or address with collision to low addresspace) then actually you've done a security audit.
Whether you are thief or not is decided by your FOLLOWING actions, but not the fact that you bruteforced something.

Yes, I agree with that. You can still find something without actually taking possession of it. Since I started SHA256 brainwallet research I've been bitten by the password cracking bug, for no reason other than the rush of seeing my system spit out a new password. Cheesy

To muddy the waters a little, some people may suggest that moving funds from an insecure address may actually benefit the owner of those funds. For a while there was a bot actively stealing sweeping SHA256 brainwallet funds, but the owner of that bot apparently returned the swept funds if asked nicely. I'm not sure what he did (or intended to do) with the funds that people never claimed...
Activity: 106
Merit: 1

If you find a large wallet in low addresspace (or address with collision to low addresspace) then actually you've done a security audit.
Whether you are thief or not is decided by your FOLLOWING actions, but not the fact that you bruteforced something.
legendary

Note the earlier post suggesting that this person may not be entirely legit.
legendary

One advantage of focusing on puzzle transactions is that finding (and taking) those funds presents no moral dilemma. It's meant to be a reward.

please clarify - how is finding/taking funds (essentially stealing) found to have no moral dilemma? and why would stealing be a reward?

or am I misunderstanding and there is no stealing being done and these are just free funds floating out there?

Why is solving cryptographic problems as a miner not stealing, while it is stealing as a key cracker exactly? Because you say so?

Mining a block is essentially the same as solving a puzzle challenge: the winner is expected to claim the funds.

Hi all,

I've been working on a tool for brute-forcing Bitcoin private keys. The main purpose of this tool is to contribute to the effort of solving the Bitcoin puzzle transactions: https://blockchain.info/tx/08389f34c98c606322740c0be6a7125d9860bb8d5cb182c02f98461e5fa6cd15

Screenshot:

It is open-source under the MIT licence and requires no external dependencies other than the CUDA toolkit. It builds on Windows using Visual Studio 2015, and Linux using Make (you might have to edit the Makefile and point it towards your CUDA toolkit directory).

It can search for compressed/uncompressed keys or both.

The performance is good, but can likely be improved. On my hardware (GeForce GT 640) it gets 9.4 million keys per second compressed, 7.3 million uncompressed.

Note:
-Currently it is CUDA only.
-It can only search one target key at a time

Features I would like to add if there is enough interest for the project:

-Support for searching multiple target keys at one time Done
-OpenCL/AMD device support
-CPU with AVX/AVX2/SHA support
-Checkpoints/Stop and resume
-Vanity address generation

Source and Win32/Win64 binaries available here:
https://github.com/brichard19/BitCrack
https://github.com/brichard19/BitCrack/releases/tag/v0.0.6

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I wrote a package last year called 'inflection', its detailed on www.inflection.top, but I have been working on this problem since 2012, and I was an early miner, but I always found BTC-HACKING, e.g. solving the 'discrete log problem' more interesting than accumulating btc.

All the things you have asked for have been done,

But I might add that 'brute force' hunting is not the way to go about this problem, like the other guy 'LBC' linear collider, its stupid to search 1-N, where N is 2**256, as that is counting all the atoms in the universe, many times over. It can't be done, unless you have an infinite time-frame to solve the problem,

The way to go about this is INTELLIGENT selection of the seed for searching the frames ECDSA, also using SAGE and MSEIVE ( most powerful factoring tool on earth ), you can factor public-keys, and develop a good band for your search, also using FFT, and RNN-LSTM you can generate favorable regions for searching,

My software that supports all GPU HW, currently does 150M/sec calcs per 1060 class card, so on a typically GPU rig for mining, I can do over a Billion calc's per second, but that is still just 10***9, where our scope is say 10**77, and there are 10**71 atoms in the universe.

Also I don't think its possible to find a particular key for a particular address, the way to go about this problem, is I have 200 million addresses with value, and 100k with high-value, I use a four layer hierarchical bloom-filter that starts at 2*32, and goes up to 2**40, everytime I find a priv-key that matches my list, there is 0.0000001% chance of false-positive, that one in 10 million, but I'm doing a billion a second, so I'm geting a lot of false positive hits, so as candidates are found, they past to the next heirarchy of bloom filters, so I can kick out up to one in a billion false-positives, I usually dial this stuff in so I can about 100 candidates a day, then its easy to use the database online to check if the key found has a 'current value', if > 0, then I log, I have found lots of 0.001 BTC, but the odd's of finding > 0.01 BTC are low, as we're talking 2*22 in a space of 2**128

So in reality here I'm looking for 200 million keys at once, not looking for one, and I'm using best estimates of likelyness to search in spaces

I think the most progress will be made in the area of sage/msieve using the published papers on discrete-log problem solving, if you want to find a particular key for a particular public address. Right now I have it down to 2**42, which is still to long to search, but with 2**24 at once, my search space is only 2**22, which is no problem

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

The whole point of a puzzle transaction is that someone will solve it. The person who created the puzzle has donated those funds, and intends for the winner to claim them. Kind of like hiding a wad of bank notes in a local park, and publicly announcing clues on how to locate them.

ok got it - you are not brute forcing an unknown person's account but one specifically set up for this challenge.
legendary

The whole point of a puzzle transaction is that someone will solve it. The person who created the puzzle has donated those funds, and intends for the winner to claim them. Kind of like hiding a wad of bank notes in a local park, and publicly announcing clues on how to locate them.
Pages:
Jump to: