Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 129. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
@bitcreditscc

Last version of the wallet:
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getwork
error: {"code":-1,"message":"CreateNewBlock() : TestBlockValidity failed"}
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getblocktemplate
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 145263,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00002063,
    "errors" : "",
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "networkhashps" : 824,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "chain" : "main",
    "generate" : false,
    "hashespermin" : 0
}

check if you are connected to any Bank nodes
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
@bitcreditscc

Last version of the wallet:
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getwork
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getblocktemplate
root@mail:~/bicreditsnew# bitcredit-cli getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 145263,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00002063,
    "errors" : "",
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "networkhashps" : 824,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "chain" : "main",
    "generate" : false,
    "hashespermin" : 0
}
@ bitcreditscc

Can we not run the BN straight from the wallet?

You can, but i advise against it. Cold Bn is better
Please update to the latest files, BNs can now see each other.

https://mega.co.nz/#!905nURLJ!ITpL1UKOI1YLqp6DA7aqPR-qinTVdHf7wcryjvDCgls

/Section 32:0.30.16.8/   --daemon ie server/BN

/Section 32 Bitcredit:0.30.16.8/   --client Qt wallet

I will standardise this later when we finish branding
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
currently investigating why BNs only see themselves, like version issue.

My wallet seems to also be having a really hard time connecting to the network.  Do we have a list of addnodes we should hard code into conf?

Thanks,

From dragos_bdi conf

addnode=198.52.160.59
addnode=198.52.160.60

@antonio8

If you are talking about starting a remote server BankNode where wallet.dat is empty and all coins you got in local wallet from which you start a BankNode then it works almost as in dash guide https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

But still have some problems to start it, when local has in conf listen=0 and server got listen=1, it still starts locally, when server got listen=1 and local listen=1, then it starts also locally.

Thanks for the reply

I will look into that guide.
Activity: 422
Meow

Thanks, that is extremely helpful! So chainz is on the correct blockchain, and we're still on block 145256?

Also, should we prefer getting the addnodes from any of these particular lists:

/Section 32:0.30.16.8/   
/Minato:0.30.16.7/   
/Section 32 Bitcredit:0.30.16.8/   
/Minato:0.30.16.8/
Activity: 260

My wallet seems to also be having a really hard time connecting to the network.  Do we have a list of addnodes we should hard code into conf?

Thanks,

From dragos_bdi conf

addnode=198.52.160.59
addnode=198.52.160.60

@antonio8

If you are talking about starting a remote server BankNode where wallet.dat is empty and all coins you got in local wallet from which you start a BankNode then it works almost as in dash guide https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

But still have some problems to start it, when local has in conf listen=0 and server got listen=1, it still starts locally, when server got listen=1 and local listen=1, then it starts also locally.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

My wallet seems to also be having a really hard time connecting to the network.  Do we have a list of addnodes we should hard code into conf?

Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 1400
@ bitcreditscc

Can we not run the BN straight from the wallet?
Activity: 422
Meow
Can anyone give me some valid addnodes? I'm not sure I'm on the correct blockchain.
Updated "latest" to include a *.conf file and *.qss files as examples.

http://bitcredits.pw/downloads/

Please use updatebcr.sh to update your files.

For me script didn't work, upgrading files manually - bitcreditd starts but shows no info, any bitcredit-cli command results with  "cannot execute binary file: exec format error"

Am I doing something wrong again.

Sorry,

Download again the scrypt.

Thanks, commands work but starting bitcreditd or another instance for example "bitcreditd -datadir=/root/.bitcredit3" shouldn't show current wallet status info like "add public key of .." or transactions ?
It worked before, I must change something in conf or something has changed, now to see if wallet is updated I must to execute bitcredit-cli getinfo from time to time

For me script didn't work, upgrading files manually - bitcreditd starts but shows no info, any bitcredit-cli command results with  "cannot execute binary file: exec format error"

Sorry,

Download again the scrypt.
HEY bitcreditscc WHY DO WE PAY BANKNODES NOW?Huh? you asked why you sould pay them if they didn't have to hash anymore... but WHY AM I PAYING THEM now... what are they doing for me?  i carride this network.... and wasn't compensated... you ran over my chain several hundred times, and i still helped... but you pay them out of every block why???

Because they are what gives the currency its value.

All hail our "HERO"  Grin
hmmm, are the protocols the same? i haven' even looked at code in almost a month.... ouch! is services issue? will check tomorrow... to much processing to do...lol! server should be set back up in 24hrs or less... no more long blocks anyway after that... HEY bitcreditscc WHY DO WE PAY BANKNODES NOW?Huh? you asked why you sould pay them if they didn't have to hash anymore... but WHY AM I PAYING THEM now... what are they doing for me?  i carride this network.... and wasn't compensated... you ran over my chain several hundred times, and i still helped... but you pay them out of every block why???

Banknodes are paid to incentivise users to acquire one for themselves, this is because the eventual ecosystem is one where those with a "stake" in it act as transaction processors, service providers and infrastructure anchors. As you know most coins have one of two problems, lack of nodes and/or slow syncing, which does not happen with BCR because these anchors are on fairly good hardware and have good bandwidth.

Eventually since users tend to prefer SPV wallets, the roles of the typical Banknode will expand, as such it is necessary to incentivize ownership of one. As a matter of perspective you can also look at them as a security measure , with increasing demands as the roles of the node expand.
legendary
Activity: 966
HEY bitcreditscc WHY DO WE PAY BANKNODES NOW?Huh? you asked why you sould pay them if they didn't have to hash anymore... but WHY AM I PAYING THEM now... what are they doing for me?  i carride this network.... and wasn't compensated... you ran over my chain several hundred times, and i still helped... but you pay them out of every block why???

Because they are what gives the currency its value.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
hmmm, are the protocols the same? i haven' even looked at code in almost a month.... ouch! is services issue? will check tomorrow... to much processing to do...lol! server should be set back up in 24hrs or less... no more long blocks anyway after that... HEY bitcreditscc WHY DO WE PAY BANKNODES NOW?Huh? you asked why you sould pay them if they didn't have to hash anymore... but WHY AM I PAYING THEM now... what are they doing for me?  i carride this network.... and wasn't compensated... you ran over my chain several hundred times, and i still helped... but you pay them out of every block why???

Jump to: