Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 130. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Stupid question : why I cannot send 50 000 BCR from my previous BN address to new one, I get info that transaction is too big and then that transaction failed, darksend/instantx disabled, banknode is disabled (stopped and 0 in conf).

edit:

Ok, I got that http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/37172/transaction-too-large-error  , need to use smaller amount of inputs in coin control and somehow merge smaller transactions.

For how long old Banknodes on old wallet will work ? For now they are still collecting fees.
Activity: 422
Meow
My 50K banknodes are showing up in their own banknode lists, but not seeing each other (or getting payments, yet).

Also we seem to be on block 145013 for a while now...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Block 144900

Ps: It still says in the wallet to send 250k to collateral address for create BN

Aha, thanks, I take it you mean in the popup from Banknodes > My Banknodes > Create > etc.? Had forgotten that as I've not used it myself. Will change!

edit: hmmm... block 145000 been and gone, my new 50k banknodes all "started successfully" but none of them showing up in the QT or CLI list, and 250k BNs still getting piad... you sure it was 145000?  Grin

Yeah I haven't changed anything and my original BN is still humming away getting paid

You swine!  Cheesy
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Block 144900

Ps: It still says in the wallet to send 250k to collateral address for create BN

Aha, thanks, I take it you mean in the popup from Banknodes > My Banknodes > Create > etc.? Had forgotten that as I've not used it myself. Will change!

edit: hmmm... block 145000 been and gone, my new 50k banknodes all "started successfully" but none of them showing up in the QT or CLI list, and 250k BNs still getting piad... you sure it was 145000?  Grin

Yeah I haven't changed anything and my original BN is still humming away getting paid
legendary
Block 144900

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Block 144900

legendary
The Bitcoin core wallet is a convoluted mess, if I had a spare 6 months I'd throw the lot of it away and start from scratch. In python.  Cheesy

That's all that's needed for a promising, high-appeal ICO Smiley When do we start?

Cheers

Graham

Highly interesting idea...but i have no clue about python...

Q...would it be worth the move? I know a way we can cut that down to maybe ~ one month

Your main problem coming from C++ to python will be what to do with all your new free time, since you wont be spending it on endless bloody type conversions and pointless header files that nobody but the smarmy compiler and the pedants that wrote it care about. I've heard that transitioning effectively from C++ to python also usually requires C++ devs to be un-dropped on their head, but the optimal technique(s) for this are still being debated.  Cheesy
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
The Bitcoin core wallet is a convoluted mess, if I had a spare 6 months I'd throw the lot of it away and start from scratch. In python.  Cheesy

That's all that's needed for a promising, high-appeal ICO Smiley When do we start?

Cheers

Graham

Highly interesting idea...but i have no clue about python...

Q...would it be worth the move? I know a way we can cut that down to maybe ~ one month

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
The Bitcoin core wallet is a convoluted mess, if I had a spare 6 months I'd throw the lot of it away and start from scratch. In python.  Cheesy

Cheers

Graham
legendary
I suspect a lot of the segfaulting is timing related. I had endless grief trying to sort the banknode list because even though the table had been fully populated, I could see it there on screen, in the background the wallet was still doing something and when I ran the filter it crashed. Had to put a simple 'if rows>0' in there to make sure that the internals had caught up with the display to stop the filter getting executed before the rest of the thing was ready.

Thanx

Updated to new files, it worked for the first time, but after closing and opening again, same problem as before - crashed after "Done loading" message, deleting mncache.dat didn't helped.

try removing everything except wallet.dat

Done, even without wallet.dat, pure new empty wallet catalogue and same error, even tried in a a few locations (default appdata and some custom) and run as admin, with upgraded files it worked few times but then after some closing and opening again error returned.

Very strange, you must delete the mncache.dat everytime it fails. I am working on a update for all that as well as a failsafe that will delete it automatically if it is causing problems.

Activity: 260

Thanx

Updated to new files, it worked for the first time, but after closing and opening again, same problem as before - crashed after "Done loading" message, deleting mncache.dat didn't helped.

try removing everything except wallet.dat

Done, even without wallet.dat, pure new empty wallet catalogue and same error, even tried in a a few locations (default appdata and some custom) and run as admin, with upgraded files it worked few times but then after some closing and opening again error returned.
Activity: 322
For linux binaries ... http://bitcredits.pw/downloads/

Are you able to package the linux qt binary with the stylesheet.qss and vanilla.qss files? Without them the client is missing the bottom toolbar if they haven't compiled it themselves...  Cheesy   Maybe we can make a little self-extracting zip/tar script to create a basic bitcredit.conf  etc.?

Does the Win version have a desktop icon?

Send me the files
Any one wanna try helping us with a new set of graphics for the OP?

Also maybe try a dedit card design?
While I conceptualize Notary nodes, test Escrow Nodes and re-think the client-server relationship for Banking...i am also considering introduction of Lottery Nodes....ie a company on the blockchain that runs a lottery.

Thoughts?

That is a great idea, the new wallet keeps crashing when I try and load it.... I am running Windows 8
For more ideas on lottery check out this - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11344195

Seems like a good starting place, but ours will not be miner dependent , rather a BN puts up the winnings and players buy tickets
Activity: 450
While I conceptualize Notary nodes, test Escrow Nodes and re-think the client-server relationship for Banking...i am also considering introduction of Lottery Nodes....ie a company on the blockchain that runs a lottery.

Thoughts?

That is a great idea, the new wallet keeps crashing when I try and load it.... I am running Windows 8
For more ideas on lottery check out this - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11344195

Thoughts?

I am considering updating our base to Bitcoin 0.11, up from our current 0.10.x

Activity: 450
A bit of a thought was passed to me... wondering what your opinion of it is.

Instead of creating tons of classes of nodes and bloating the code unnecessarily, why not make it such that a BN can only do certain functions when it is above a certain threshold? Meaning that if you have a BN , you can do basic stuff, a BN with 20K can do escrow, a BN with 20K fund and another 50K can do escrow and be a Notary*(just an idea floating around) , a BN with 20K+50K + 130K can be a Bank eg etc and the list goes on.

This is compared to my system where you can only be one of the nodes.... the above system is easier for those with funds..but risks lowering the BN pool we are hoping to increase since that will make up the transaction processors.

Thoughts?

Same thought had occurred to me. People just love rank and status...  Grin

I was thinking of having a sliding scale of BN bid reward based on collateral amount too, with a bias towards 'smaller' smartnodes to encourage more instances of them.

eg 250k BN gets 16 BCR, 50k BN gets 4 BCR? Enough of a delta there to make it worth the extra effort. Maybe something to consider, I'm happy either way though.

Could make the collateral amount function like binary in terms of your available options:
|     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |
256 128 64  32   16  8     4    2     1K

ie. if you have 128k collateral you could be 1 128k node, or 2 64k nodes, or a 64k and 2 32k nodes, or 4 32k nodes... etc.

How would the code distinguish and tell other nodes?

I thin it can be done at the net level , each node type will send a different message

I like this idea. Maybe with this one large bank node can also offer many different services!

If you have 300k you can have 1x50k node, 1x100k node, and 1x150k node OR 1x150k and 3x50k, etc

It makes sense that if you are supporting BCR network with lots of BCR that you can get more BCR and also offer more BCR services.
A bit of a thought was passed to me... wondering what your opinion of it is.

Instead of creating tons of classes of nodes and bloating the code unnecessarily, why not make it such that a BN can only do certain functions when it is above a certain threshold? Meaning that if you have a BN , you can do basic stuff, a BN with 20K can do escrow, a BN with 20K fund and another 50K can do escrow and be a Notary*(just an idea floating around) , a BN with 20K+50K + 130K can be a Bank eg etc and the list goes on.

This is compared to my system where you can only be one of the nodes.... the above system is easier for those with funds..but risks lowering the BN pool we are hoping to increase since that will make up the transaction processors.

Thoughts?

Same thought had occurred to me. People just love rank and status...  Grin

I was thinking of having a sliding scale of BN bid reward based on collateral amount too, with a bias towards 'smaller' smartnodes to encourage more instances of them.

eg 250k BN gets 16 BCR, 50k BN gets 4 BCR? Enough of a delta there to make it worth the extra effort. Maybe something to consider, I'm happy either way though.

Could make the collateral amount function like binary in terms of your available options:
|     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |
256 128 64  32   16  8     4    2     1K

ie. if you have 128k collateral you could be 1 128k node, or 2 64k nodes, or a 64k and 2 32k nodes, or 4 32k nodes... etc.

How would the code distinguish and tell other nodes?

I thin it can be done at the net level , each node type will send a different message
Jump to: