Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 137. (Read 284527 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
(I'm sure you all find this stuff absolutely fascinating!  Cheesy)

Not half as fascinating as trying to hallucinate a role for the node list in the first place. What's the point of it? What useful information does it offer the user?

Just sayin'

Cheers

Graham

Simple way of seeing publicly if your node is listed, but you can check that via pubkey as well as privately. Early design decision by Evan Duffield I suppose, you're right, is there any reason for the network to maintain a list of IP addresses for a specific subclass of peers when as far as I can tell those peers don't even need the information themselves? And the list isn't necessarily accurate anyway, as I mentioned a few posts up.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
(I'm sure you all find this stuff absolutely fascinating!  Cheesy)

Not half as fascinating as trying to hallucinate a role for the node list in the first place. What's the point of it? What useful information does it offer the user?

Just sayin'

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I'm going to have to stick a horizontal scrollbar in there.

Up yours Mr [2001:0:9d38:6abd:2427:3bfc:58a7:e646]:8877 for forcing me to deduce that in QT-speak, "stretch," actually means, "stretch, unless it doesn't fit, in which case, shrink!"  Roll Eyes   Couldn't figure out why the scrollbar wasn't showing up as the Pubkey column kept getting truncated.

edit: I'm not sure what the point of the Active column is. If it isn't active, it's not going to be listed anyway. (I'm sure you all find this stuff absolutely fascinating!  Cheesy)

Good good!!! I'm starting to think we two are the only ones concerned with code. Adding BN recognition code tomorrow then maybe i'll release a testnet version.
legendary

Up yours Mr [2001:0:9d38:6abd:2427:3bfc:58a7:e646]:8877 for forcing me to deduce that in QT-speak, "stretch," actually means, "stretch, unless it doesn't fit, in which case, shrink!"  Roll Eyes   Couldn't figure out why the scrollbar wasn't showing up as the Pubkey column kept getting truncated.

edit: I'm not sure what the point of the Active column is. If it isn't active, it's not going to be listed anyway. (I'm sure you all find this stuff absolutely fascinating!  Cheesy)
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Glad that some options are available right now, will not try tor because it's useless for me, I2P would be more complicated to execute.

You are right that are plenty of other more important things to do, competition is not sleeping and this year could be really interesting, just found some project starting which sounds similiar in a few things, I bet it's not the only one https://slack-imgs.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1QO013i.png&width=1200&height=3157
legendary
Speaking of long IPv6 addresses , just out of curiosity, we will not use in future pseudo-anonymous tor addresses ?  Tongue

You can use onion addresses now AFAIK?

What about I2P, useless too ?

I don't know enough about I2P to sensibly comment, but you only need to know the IP that a Banknode is initially launched from. This is what gets reported by the client even after your BN has switched to another IP. I've run my BN from home for weeks on a laptop that has access to and switches between 3 different ISP connections, all dynamic, with no issues.

The code doesn't use the original IP for much, DASH's fixed IP and fixed port requirements are arbitrary restrictions.

In short, I think there are plenty of other things more pressing currently.  Smiley
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Speaking of long IPv6 addresses , just out of curiosity, we will not use in future pseudo-anonymous tor addresses ?  Tongue

What about I2P, useless too ?
legendary
IPv6 funkiness?

first few commits made, please take a look and let me know what you think
Working on the logic for bid based payouts, you'll likely see the code tomorrow then we can discuss this further
Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?

will check it out,

Thoughts on blockstream "Elements"? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11572844

I dislike it because it does not solve any real problems, all it's doing is centralizing everything around bitcoin.

Sidechains are fundamentally indistinguishable from separate currencies, although they may cohabit on shared infrastructure. I thought BTC zealots hated alts?  Cheesy

Sidechains might be easier to peg in value to the motherchain, though imposing price pegs instead of letting market forces determine value has never really worked and the attempt is always systemically destructive, as a glance at the current fiat shambles will demonstrate.

i understand the need for multi-channeling but after looking at Elements i am unimpressed, maybe i'll change my mind if i see something better but for now, NO. I see the flaws you highlighted and more.

@bitcreditscc: I'm trying to get the QT wallet to build in QT Creator, but the src appears to be missing paymentrequest.pb.h?

It's an #include in paymentrequestplus.h and commenting it out gives 'payments does not have a specified type' errors.

Any advice would be appreciated, if I can get the desktop wallet building in Creator (or via qmake/make) I'm hopeful I can get it to spit out an Android .apk

ok, i think that file is generated during the build process. So i suggest looking through the build process in the .am files and applying that to the .pro file
legendary
@bitcreditscc: I'm trying to get the QT wallet to build in QT Creator, but the src appears to be missing paymentrequest.pb.h?

It's an #include in paymentrequestplus.h and commenting it out gives 'payments does not have a specified type' errors.

Any advice would be appreciated, if I can get the desktop wallet building in Creator (or via qmake/make) I'm hopeful I can get it to spit out an Android .apk
legendary
Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?

will check it out,

Thoughts on blockstream "Elements"? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11572844

I dislike it because it does not solve any real problems, all it's doing is centralizing everything around bitcoin.

Sidechains are fundamentally indistinguishable from separate currencies, although they may cohabit on shared infrastructure. I thought BTC zealots hated alts?  Cheesy

Sidechains might be easier to peg in value to the motherchain, though imposing price pegs instead of letting market forces determine value has never really worked and the attempt is always systemically destructive, as a glance at the current fiat shambles will demonstrate.

will check it out,

legendary
Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?
man, all we need is a really good java dev.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.

I think once the user base grows beyond bct , trolls won't matter much. I expect most communication will be through public announcements and a separate forum. Lol some of the things bcr can find out.

We'll definitely need to come up with branding for all of this.

Just ran some numbers , if every BN holder wishes to maintain their share by splitting into 5 BNs, thats 100 BNs , that is 100 non-competitive miners, that is 100 nodes permanently online. Not only are we improving distribution, we are improving client connectivity. Wish we could get some people from Russia, China, India and other countries involved.

Yes, the sooner we leave toytown the better, but I really hope miners can see the benefit of spending money directly on the development of their assets instead of giving it to the power company.

And don't forget, BCR will be backed by that money.

If 'Coin' type names were still in vogue I'd suggest 'ParadimeTM', and Paradime ShiftTM' for the fiat bridge.  Cheesy

edit: if we can somehow get the goldbugs and silverstackers on board too... maybe maintain some of the backing in PMs? The Chinese / Indians / Russians love their shiny...

that would create an even more stabilized value!!! even when the US / Russia / EU and China play their currency wars ,  if we have backing that is in PMs we would always come out on top.

legendary
Activity: 1064

Yes, the sooner we leave toytown the better, but I really hope miners can see the benefit of spending money directly on the development of their assets instead of giving it to the power company.

If 'Coin' type names were still in vogue I'd suggest 'ParadimeTM', and Paradime ShiftTM' for the fiat bridge.  Cheesy

edit: if we can somehow get the goldbugs and silverstackers on board too... maybe maintain some of the backing in PMs? The Chinese / Indians / Russians love their shiny...

I got on board with Unobtanium because they are issuing a NXT asset for verification of the amount of precious metals one holds. If there is a "built-in" asset for that sort of thing, so much the better. Smiley
legendary
Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.

I think once the user base grows beyond bct , trolls won't matter much. I expect most communication will be through public announcements and a separate forum. Lol some of the things bcr can find out.

We'll definitely need to come up with branding for all of this.

Just ran some numbers , if every BN holder wishes to maintain their share by splitting into 5 BNs, thats 100 BNs , that is 100 non-competitive miners, that is 100 nodes permanently online. Not only are we improving distribution, we are improving client connectivity. Wish we could get some people from Russia, China, India and other countries involved.

Jump to: