Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 135. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
The gold/black logo here is WAY better than the gold/brown from before

We could get trippier... ?  Cheesy

In order to monetize the work you are doing, perhaps you can sell some of the themes if we get an in-wallet market place and/or online store?

Meanwhile I am looking for talent to do the following :-

Redesign Exchange front end graphics 100 000 BCR or 0.5 BTC

Produce info-graphics, flyers and T-shirts and other graphics for us 50 000 BCR

Complete Website Re-do + updating and maintaining Wiki 100 000 BCR or 0.5 BTC

Bounties

Android Wallet 100 000 BCR  or 1 BTC
iOS Wallet 100 000 BCR or 1 BTC
Mac OS wallet 10000 BCR        

All other bounties cancelled, since noone took them up.

Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Are you guys saying my banknode will stop working in a few days? So I will have to set up 5x50k banknodes?

Yes, the plan is to separate different types of nodes without excessive cost for smaller business plans. Actual banks will definitely be costly though , this will likely pop up in the next updates.

will the req. for actual banks be 250k? or possibly more?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

We could get trippier... ?  Cheesy
legendary
Are you guys saying my banknode will stop working in a few days? So I will have to set up 5x50k banknodes?

Yes. You'll need 5 different daemons running with different datadirs, or 5 separate users running a daemon.

Still only need one IP as you can specify any port you want for each. And we know IPv6 works, maybe whoever runs that BN could write a tutorial...?

Yes, the plan is to separate different types of nodes without excessive cost for smaller business plans. Actual banks will definitely be costly though , this will likely pop up in the next updates.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Working on a vanilla (mostly, I do like a splash of orange) theme for any aesthetic degenerates who don't love and adore the dark grey one.

This will also make it a lot easier to build future themes from, the stylesheet file is getting a lot more organised.

Excellent, though in my personal version i will make the splash green

looks like the 50K BNs will kick in in 7 days

Activity: 471
legendary
Activity: 1064
One of the things that I always wanted with Darkcoin was the ability to set a requirement that the client would not display your balance or transaction history without you entering a password, or pin number, or screen gesture, or something. Your wallet.dat shouldn't even betray your addresses... Obsessing over Darksend obfuscation of your transactions while any wandering vagabond could swipe a copy of your wallet.dat and see everything you'd been up to seemed a bit daft for a privacy-centric currency to me, so I'm going to try to implement this as an option for BCR.  

That is one of the better ideas I have heard, a simple PIN would be nice. I'm still following this project, although I can only seem to build on Debian (which works flawlessly). Ubuntu, not-so-flawlessly.
legendary
One of the things that I always wanted with Darkcoin was the ability to set a requirement that the client would not display your balance or transaction history without you entering a password, or pin number, or screen gesture, or something. Your wallet.dat shouldn't even betray your addresses... Obsessing over Darksend obfuscation of your transactions while any wandering vagabond could swipe a copy of your wallet.dat and see everything you'd been up to seemed a bit daft for a privacy-centric currency to me, so I'm going to try to implement this as an option for BCR.  
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Working on a vanilla (mostly, I do like a splash of orange) theme for any aesthetic degenerates who don't love and adore the dark grey one.

This will also make it a lot easier to build future themes from, the stylesheet file is getting a lot more organised.

Might want to post that on like the alt-coin calendars/heralds and such maybe a crypto blog or 2.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503

legendary

edit: new pic with added border and revised logo that'll work with both the light and dark themes currently extant.
legendary
139147 block stuck ?

The Momentum algo in action! When it's all shifted to BNs this will be a thing of the past hopefully. Should be just a steady (very minimal) hashrate without much delta.
Activity: 260
139147 block stuck ?
legendary
OK, my live theme picker was throwing segfaults if you changed the theme more than once in a session and I couldn't figure out why, so I have gone with the "stick a theme=/path/to/your/beautiful/stylesheet.qss line in your bitcredit.conf file" approach instead.

Which incidentally is a far more efficient way of doing things in a number of ways. Also knowing how to do this will be really handy for future mischief.

For people who are afraid to edit a textfile, tough. Grin

In action:
Currently for debugging purposes, if a "theme=/your/beautiful/theme.qss" line exists in bitcredit.conf, you get a popup telling you you're about to load a nonstandard theme and to have a vomit-bag ready:

It then gets loaded. Remember, the user agreed to it!
(apologies, testing purposes only remember...)

Total overhead = about ten more lines of code. And some lost breakfast.  Undecided

If there's no 'theme=blah' line in the conf file it loads the default Serious-Grey-With-Orangey-Bits one. No idea if the client will automagically handle Windows pathing with \ instead of / but I suppose we'll find out.
Activity: 260
Please update your clients

BN owners please note that @ block 145000 you will need to re-intialize your BN with a 50K input.

All other users can start a Bn with 50K @ 145K

Newest win wallet force close after update for me right after "Loading Done" message, so I deleted all except wallet.dat, all was ok until next opening and closing, same force close, so it's not stable for me.

As for BankNodes I will wait for compiled version and passing block 145K, don't see any sense in doing it now.
Please update your clients

BN owners please note that @ block 145000 you will need to re-intialize your BN with a 50K input.

All other users can start a Bn with 50K @ 145K
What Section 32 is working on in the real world

If someone wants to buy BCR they need to go to a bank, convert local currency and transfer to an exchange---5-14 working days (3% conversion charge + 3-7% transfer charge)
Then they need to buy BTC and send to another-- trade fee + exchange Tx fees + withdrawal fees (1 hour -3 hours for 6 confirms)
Then they need to buy BCR and finally send to their wallet-- trade fees +exchange fees+ (3 minutes-1 hour 30)

Do you see the problem here? And it's roughly the same procedure to do the reverse.

Imagine a user just wanted to buy some 50K BCR, maybe for a BN or to sit on it, they have the $ 70 in hand but by the time it got to trex , it would be only $56 maybe and only two weeks later. This is an incredible barrier to entry for the 99.99% of the world we intend to make this available to.

They want to remove all the middleman and cut the time down to a (1 hour -3 day) range in either direction, with only withdrawal fees this means that the exchange will have zero trading fees.
legendary
Oh that's gorgeous lonecrouton. What colour is that, puce?

Don't panic, eyeball-torture for testing purposes only.  Cheesy
Just some food for thought, here's our competition: https://bitreserve.org/en/homepage

I'm looking forward to putting our in-wallet version of this together: https://bitreserve.org/en/status   Smiley

We can beat them primarily on decentralisation and therefore security, privacy and no signup crap. Downloading the BCR wallet should be it.

Oh, and BCR reserves will belong to everyone with BCR, not just the parent company, and that's an ongoing revenue stream...  Grin

Hehehe, if you look in the code, you'll see i had already hinted at this. We already have decentralized proof of reserves and soon will have multi-asset support, even fiat will be visible on the blockchain.
Jump to: