Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 138. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.

I think once the user base grows beyond bct , trolls won't matter much. I expect most communication will be through public announcements and a separate forum. Lol some of the things bcr can find out.

We'll definitely need to come up with branding for all of this.

Just ran some numbers , if every BN holder wishes to maintain their share by splitting into 5 BNs, thats 100 BNs , that is 100 non-competitive miners, that is 100 nodes permanently online. Not only are we improving distribution, we are improving client connectivity. Wish we could get some people from Russia, China, India and other countries involved.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I'm with dragos_bdi, first we need media attention, no one knows BCR, I'm monitoring trollboxes and few chats,  if some of premine can be spend on it then do it (twitter , some press, maybe faucet, all that was already mentioned before).  If we want to build some stronger community and attract more developers then this should be made first.

What's the point of discussing technological dilemas if only few people are involved in it right now, I must admit that some of yours conversations sounds for me just like mumbo jumbo, so what left to me is to believe that you will choose a right way to do it Wink

Changing BN 250k BCR requierement to 50k will make some additional work for me, generally I'm not against that but rebuilding 10 BN (maybe more) instead of 2 and updating it after every new version could be pain in the ass.

If I remember correctly first idea was to left BN requirement and create some smaller nodes with smaller BCR requirements, but then idea evolved to use some other coins nodes ...

Maybe there's a way to stay with so far created BNs or at least create some auto-tools which will help investors to make more Banknodes on one server.

Personally i love that this thread openly discusses changes and policy where we can all take part. You don't see that with any other coin, the devs just announce new features.

As for updating of wallets, i can give you a script that does it or just google how to operate multiple machines with the same command.

DID you know that your wallet has a "start-many" command for bank nodes?

Meanwhile, would you like to temporarily head the Marketing and Image effort?

Some script was floating around somewhere here, another one could be helpful, if I remember correctly, couldn't get start-many to work, just using some workaround, if it would be so simple then I will believe it, so far not, but I don't want to be boring ...

As for marketing and image effort even temporary, do you want to have a person with bad engrish grammar which can't effectively communicate with people even in his native language ? I bet , no. I try to help as much as I can, but have a full time job, family and a lot to work to do. I'm sick enough of crypto community (not this) and to be honest want to leave the ship as quick as I can, so far bagholding some shitcoins make me here to stay for a while.

That's all ...

yes the shenanigans are now tiresome, in a few months we will have a fully commercialized product with the D2D funding (thanks tlc)  we can move off these forums completely. Once we settle some of the brick and mortar stuff as well as have this product our visibility will grow beyond most projects.

We are going commercial and intend to reach out and get the attention of the 99.99 % of the world who don't know about crypto or don't like the technical hassle involved. First we are making the acquisition process extremely easy, some are already aware of our plans to cut dependence on BTC and move to direct fiat. We are adding commercial applications and utility to attract institutional use and we are going to simplify the use of the currency until it is comparable to sending a text message or using whatsapp.

Somewhere along the lines, the D2D funding will kick in and start paying for advertisement around the globe and lectures in universities. I'm  here and i am not going anywhere, this is not a pump and dump coin, wee developing a complete set of financial tool and a application platform to propagate and support a decentralized system of consensus.  With the addition of assets we introduce the ability to have a company's shares recorded and traded on the blockchain 24/7 fro anywhere in the world and any amount with no restrictions. Also one can create smart contracts as well as property /asset ownership agreements/transfer.

This is not a coin, it is a business venture. No quick buck here, it's big bucks long-term.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
I'm with dragos_bdi, first we need media attention, no one knows BCR, I'm monitoring trollboxes and few chats,  if some of premine can be spend on it then do it (twitter , some press, maybe faucet, all that was already mentioned before).  If we want to build some stronger community and attract more developers then this should be made first.

What's the point of discussing technological dilemas if only few people are involved in it right now, I must admit that some of yours conversations sounds for me just like mumbo jumbo, so what left to me is to believe that you will choose a right way to do it Wink

Changing BN 250k BCR requierement to 50k will make some additional work for me, generally I'm not against that but rebuilding 10 BN (maybe more) instead of 2 and updating it after every new version could be pain in the ass.

If I remember correctly first idea was to left BN requirement and create some smaller nodes with smaller BCR requirements, but then idea evolved to use some other coins nodes ...

Maybe there's a way to stay with so far created BNs or at least create some auto-tools which will help investors to make more Banknodes on one server.

Personally i love that this thread openly discusses changes and policy where we can all take part. You don't see that with any other coin, the devs just announce new features.

As for updating of wallets, i can give you a script that does it or just google how to operate multiple machines with the same command.

Some script was floating around somewhere here, another one could be helpful, if I remember correctly, couldn't get start-many to work, just using some workaround, if it would be so simple then I will believe it, so far not, but I don't want to be boring ...

As for marketing and image effort even temporary, do you want to have a person with bad engrish grammar which can't effectively communicate with people even in his native language ? I bet , no. I try to help as much as I can, but have a full time job, family and a lot to work to do. I'm sick enough of crypto community (not this) and to be honest want to leave the ship as quick as I can, so far bagholding some shitcoins make me here to stay for a while.

That's all ...

That's a less attractive invitation than might first appear, especially if unaccompanied by the corresponding marketing and design briefs.

Cheers

Graham

very true, so we need a graphics run first as well as statements and Documentation. Minato has another draft paper in the works , it mentions

"Decentralized Enterprise and Application Platform" maybe we can build off it and make something
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

That's a less attractive invitation than might first appear, especially if unaccompanied by the corresponding marketing and design briefs.

Cheers

Graham

Activity: 260

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
We who ?! Just analyze the last 2 months of transactions.
We need advertisement... aggressive, getting ppl to know who are we, and what are our intentions, present and future ...
PR ... are a big minus in this moments ...
Passing to a 50k BN, with good advertisement, could be a awesome IPO ...

We're a considerable way from the need for paid-for marketing. Most of the features aren't implemented yet.

DASH has a few guys spamming twitter etc. but I'm not convinced they have achieved much. Look at BTC - 6 years old and real world use is close to zero. Identifying our target market and the decision makers in it is key, since we can't afford a full page ad in the WSJ just yet.

Jo Public simply doesn't care (yet) and current wallets are too complex for Jo and Jo's granny. The corporate sector is another story though...

I think there should be some effort by us all to get out some info about the upcoming, "BCR ditches wasteful, exclusionary and unscalable Proof of Work as a means of blockchain security and distribution in favour of more secure Overlay Network Transaction Verification, Direct2Developer Funding and  Direct2Community Inclusive Distribution..." - or something. Revised thread title anyway. Possibly need to make it a bit snappier.  Cheesy

SigPoW / SmartPoW - better blockchain security with no waste
Direct2Developer Funding - not direct to power company
Inclusive Distribution - anyone can acquire newly minted coins, not just geeks with expensive hardware and cheap electricity

Ok BNs are getting 18.75, i'd like to remove the dust and just make it 18. 18 BCR would be good enough to encourage BN mining and also encourage others to get a BN.

So in light of this, i'll have to throw my support behind the 50K collateral idea. If you invest 50K BCR in a BN you open up a window of revenue through mining non competitively.

@ 50K we may see influx of new interest in having a BN

How about those 21 locked transactions @250k BCR ?
Are going to be unlocked ? If yes, what if someone decide not having anymore BN's ... and sell those 250k ?

I think it's fine if someone wants to get out. the influx of cheap coins would actually make it easier to get more people aboard. I doubt though that the BN owners would do this, they have been enjoying a steady stream of income, they would not want to lose it.

lol, if they decide to sell, we'll be waiting with buy orders

We need advertisement... aggressive, getting ppl to know who are we, and what are our intentions, present and future ...

+1

I agree completely, but none of the community members seem to have much talent in marketing. Why don't you try ?
Activity: 322

Ok BNs are getting 18.75, i'd like to remove the dust and just make it 18. 18 BCR would be good enough to encourage BN mining and also encourage others to get a BN.

So in light of this, i'll have to throw my support behind the 50K collateral idea. If you invest 50K BCR in a BN you open up a window of revenue through mining non competitively.

Are going to be unlocked ? If yes, what if someone decide not having anymore BN's ... and sell those 250k ?

I think it's fine if someone wants to get out. the influx of cheap coins would actually make it easier to get more people aboard. I doubt though that the BN owners would do this, they have been enjoying a steady stream of income, they would not want to lose it.

Activity: 322

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
My first bank node it now active Smiley

Noticed a lot of the previous page or two discussions - not much to add from me really but I did raise POS (Nexus is working on a so called version 3.0 = mining channel + POS channel) with the Dev a while back in PM's or something

Looking forward to the updates when they come through
Can we make the update phased? Already you have a lot of changes you were bringing bitcreditscc, and with the stuff we now have that is a lot to just change in one update. Why not pick items and either they get phased in at different times by the software itself or we actually update code maybe twice to get everything working?
how many coins in circulation

Actual circulation at best is 4 000 000.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
how many coins in circulation
so are bn requirement going to be reduced to 50k

Yes, definitely going down to 50K.
Activity: 469
so are bn requirement going to be reduced to 50k
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
How about BN that mines the block gets the same reward as the rest?

Ok so you are saying if  BN subsidy is 6 BCR , then solving a block should earn 6 BN as well. Meaning that the normal tx blocks have 12 BCR that is split between the mining BN and winning BN?

I like it, though i'm not sure BN owners will. Maybe we can bump it up to 9 BCR?

I was thinking purely in terms of avoiding a BN hashpower arms race, if all earn the same regardless of whichever one happens to solve the block then there's no incentive to throw pointless processor cycles at it... I'm not overly concerned about the exact amount/split. As long as BNs don't take a paycut from current levels of course.  Grin

The limiting consecutively mined blocks approach also sounds great to limit damage in the event of BN subversion.

Jump to: