Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 182. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
i think its safe to say P2pool is a go.
My first MN payment just came in. So excited  Tongue

if you are skeptical of my prject and the numbers i have projected, watch my updates and see how quickly i will turn my BN into a cash cow using  Mn payments and smart business practice.
ok, let's try this again

Windows x64 0.30.16.4b

Tested on a vm and a laptop, running smoothly.

**Exchange temp disabled
**Fixes for small known issues

if we can be sure that this is working i can dedicate all my time to the p2pool.

Posted my problem in the github issues section for your review. Let me know if I can provide any further information you may require.

ok, i responded. you posted warnings, but a c++ error is usually fatal. please search for and post the actual error message
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
ok, let's try this again

Windows x64 0.30.16.4b

**Exchange temp disabled

if we can be sure that this is working i can dedicate all my time to the p2pool.

Posted my problem in the github issues section for your review. Let me know if I can provide any further information you may require.
Any banknodes running already? Any way to check that?

on the debug window. 3 already
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
Any banknodes running already? Any way to check that?
Anyone running p2pool privately, keep up with the latest code, you are messing up the shared chain because your shares are invalid.

Anyone who wishes to help test the new code, point your miners at the pools... this should be the final leg
While you all update the wallet, can you share with me your opinions on closed source releases?

Here's what's lined up

1) BN specific improvements to MN implementation and Trust engine overhaul
2) BN functions like in built accounting
3) Colored Credits (colored coins)
4) Huh Huh new special reversible transaction Huh Huh (highly theoretical, barely twenty lines of code written at the moment)

i love open source but lately i see a trend towards idea protection by the vast majority of intelligent developers.

Or would share-alike agreements work better ?
I'm amazed at your insane work ethic, first and foremost. My .02 would be closed til all ideas implemented and working, then opensource. Though being as transparent as possible, as you currently do.

Thanks... it's great experience, if it was a sustainable job (money-wise) i'd make it my 9-5 . Your suggestion sounds good, i'll hear a bit ore on it then decide.

Btw, the market is back up.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
While you all update the wallet, can you share with me your opinions on closed source releases?

Here's what's lined up

4) Huh Huh new special reversible transaction Huh Huh (highly theoretical, barely twenty lines of code written at the moment)

i love open source but lately i see a trend towards idea protection by the vast majority of intelligent developers.

I'm amazed at your insane work ethic, first and foremost. My .02 would be closed til all ideas implemented and working, then opensource. Though being as transparent as possible, as you currently do.
p2pool is nearly fixed. Just one or two issues left.

I may have to pick it up later.

Here's what's lined up

ok, let's try this again

Windows x64 0.30.16.4b

**Exchange temp disabled

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

You make good points, but you come off as a douche.

I think you should read the entire thread so that you can discover for yourself what kind of person the developer is.

If you had done this earlier, you might not have wasted your precious time mining on a pool that was known to have issues at the time.

With all the shenanigans going on in crypto the last thing I care about is coming off as a douche.  I have been following this coins since it launched so I have read every post.  I was mining when the block reward was 5 coins per block.  I had used the pool in the past without any issues so when it came back up I mistakenly assumed that it was in working order.  That's my fault for not checking periodically to see if I was actually receiving any coins.  I monitored the pool but neglected to open the wallet to see if I was actually getting payments.

Regardless, I am solo mining now so the pool isn't an issue for me.

I think one of the problems with crypto is that people are too trusting.  You don't know me and I don't know you.  There is financial incentive for people to game the system and it happens all the time.  I'm not saying that is happening with this coin but there was enough odd happenings to trigger an alarm and voice my concerns.  Maybe I should have sent the dev a PM.  I didn't.  I will in the future is I have any concerns.  Other than that there isn't any need to dwell on this any further.

Happy mining

Activity: 322
Ok, we are prioritizing.

Daemons are working ok, so service providers are in the clear.
Wallet Qt-- i have switched development environ to linux, windows was letting a lot of errors through and not raising warnings. This means i can pick out every little issue.
P2pool is a work in progress, it will be up and down until i get it right. i'm sorry for any losses, the work is tedious and very delicate, a misplaced character or space leads to unpredictable results.

i'll be working all night (save for a power nap) so you can see and try development copies on a dev branch i'll break out soon.

BTW, backup your wallets at all times.

install "gdb", best debugger ever !!!

gdb ./bitcredit-qt
(gdb) run
(gdb) where
Ok, we are prioritizing.

Daemons are working ok, so service providers are in the clear.
Wallet Qt-- i have switched development environ to linux, windows was letting a lot of errors through and not raising warnings. This means i can pick out every little issue.
P2pool is a work in progress, it will be up and down until i get it right. i'm sorry for any losses, the work is tedious and very delicate, a misplaced character or space leads to unpredictable results.

i'll be working all night (save for a power nap) so you can see and try development copies on a dev branch i'll break out soon.

BTW, backup your wallets at all times.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
BTW, everyone please notify bittrex of your concern regarding our market.

I think Bittrex should leave the market offline for now.  Something is not right with the network.  I sent them a request to keep it offline until you figure out what is going on.

OMG !

What do you mean OMG!  I mined for over eight hours and received no payments.  I posted blocks that were solved when I was mining and all those blocks were paid to the same addresses for exactly the same amounts.  If that is a problem with the block explorer then it needs to be fixed. There is another post from someone that hasn't been paid from the pool.  Where are the coins we mined?  Do you disagree that the data I posted looks bizarre?  I sent all that information to Bittrex along with a link to the post.  There have been some strange activities with this coin.  The pools go down but the hashrate doesn't drop.  People mine on the pool but don't get their coins.   I'm not going to jump to any conclusions but I am extremely suspicious at this point.  I see the pool is down again as well.

If the block explorer is incorrect then it needs to be fixed before the market for this coin is opened.  People need to see what's going on.  If the block explorer is correct then something is seriously wrong.  Either way, the market should remain offline until these issues are resolved and to ensure that nothing nefarious is going on.

Sorry if you disagree but these times call for an extra degree of caution.

i think your decision was incorrect as you made it without consulting the community. however i took doiwn the pool when i was alerted that something is not right, it's possible that it was on a fork of it's own. looking at my nodes says those p2pool blocks do not exist, the hashes dont match.

i understand caution, but do not make decisions for this community without consulting them.

Well you are free to think my decision was incorrect.  There is definitely something wrong with the pool.  I will continue to remain cautious and will always come forward when I see things that don't add up.  This is the crypto wild west and I don't trust anyone.  I'm not part of any community and do not need to consult with anyone.  I have been mining this coin off and on since the beginning.  I have a decent amount still in several wallets after selling some when the price spiked.  I would post addresses to verify that I have been mining since the beginning but I don't think that's allowed.  I'll pm you if you don't believe me.    

If something was going on it would be in my interests to stay quiet and wait for the exchange to come back up so that I could sell my coins.  I decided to make my concerns known because if something nefarious was going on I would rather take a loss than let someone profit from misdeeds.  That's what I did and I would do it again.   But since you're response very civil and not an attack I will PM you with any concerns/issues I might have in the future.  My goal isn't to harm your coin.  My goal is to ensure that everything is on the up and up.  And from what I was seeing in the block explorer things looked rather suspicious.      

You make good points, but you come off as a douche.

I think you should read the entire thread so that you can discover for yourself what kind of person the developer is.

If you had done this earlier, you might not have wasted your precious time mining on a pool that was known to have issues at the time.

I think Bittrex should leave the market offline for now.  Something is not right with the network.  I sent them a request to keep it offline until you figure out what is going on.

OMG !

What do you mean OMG!  I mined for over eight hours and received no payments.  I posted blocks that were solved when I was mining and all those blocks were paid to the same addresses for exactly the same amounts.  If that is a problem with the block explorer then it needs to be fixed. There is another post from someone that hasn't been paid from the pool.  Where are the coins we mined?  Do you disagree that the data I posted looks bizarre?  I sent all that information to Bittrex along with a link to the post.  There have been some strange activities with this coin.  The pools go down but the hashrate doesn't drop.  People mine on the pool but don't get their coins.   I'm not going to jump to any conclusions but I am extremely suspicious at this point.  I see the pool is down again as well.

If the block explorer is incorrect then it needs to be fixed before the market for this coin is opened.  People need to see what's going on.  If the block explorer is correct then something is seriously wrong.  Either way, the market should remain offline until these issues are resolved and to ensure that nothing nefarious is going on.

i think your decision was incorrect as you made it without consulting the community. however i took doiwn the pool when i was alerted that something is not right, it's possible that it was on a fork of it's own. looking at my nodes says those p2pool blocks do not exist, the hashes dont match.

i understand caution, but do not make decisions for this community without consulting them.

Well you are free to think my decision was incorrect.  There is definitely something wrong with the pool.  I will continue to remain cautious and will always come forward when I see things that don't add up.  This is the crypto wild west and I don't trust anyone.  I'm not part of any community and do not need to consult with anyone.  I have been mining this coin off and on since the beginning.  I have a decent amount still in several wallets after selling some when the price spiked.  I would post addresses to verify that I have been mining since the beginning but I don't think that's allowed.  I'll pm you if you don't believe me.    

If something was going on it would be in my interests to stay quiet and wait for the exchange to come back up so that I could sell my coins.  I decided to make my concerns known because if something nefarious was going on I would rather take a loss than let someone profit from misdeeds.  That's what I did and I would do it again.   But since you're response very civil and not an attack I will PM you with any concerns/issues I might have in the future.  My goal isn't to harm your coin.  My goal is to ensure that everything is on the up and up.  And from what I was seeing in the block explorer things looked rather suspicious.      

Here you are right "There is definitely something wrong with the pool.".
And is known and it will be resolved!
But we are very few people who are involved in this and the dev do 95% of all. But is still a human Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

OMG !

Here is an idea i hope we can all get behind

if you have an issue with the wallet, or notice some odd behavior report it here :- https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/issues after telling us about it in this thread.

if you have an issue with p2pool report it here :- https://github.com/bitcreditscc/p2pool/issues

This is a great way because it makes it possible for everyone to easily track issues and creates a central place we can view and fix them that can also be referenced  by other easily in future.

All,

We have the market disabled on our side because of DB issues with one of our servers.  We will get it back as soon as we can resolve the situation.  This has nothing to do with the wallet or the network.  The wallet here is still open for withdrawals/deposits.  Apologies, but sometimes DBs go wonky and we need to reindex and fix.

thanks
richie@bittrex

thanks for the info.

All,

We have the market disabled on our side because of DB issues with one of our servers.  We will get it back as soon as we can resolve the situation.  This has nothing to do with the wallet or the network.  The wallet here is still open for withdrawals/deposits.  Apologies, but sometimes DBs go wonky and we need to reindex and fix.

thanks
richie@bittrex

Good to know !
Jump to: