Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 208. (Read 284530 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 501

Could you dumb down the amd cards for windows part? I have no clue where to put the clpts file and no clue how to launch the miner. Seems very complicated unnecessarily.
Thanks.

make a conf file in appdata/roamingL:

server=1
Code:
genproclimit=0
rpcuser=your address
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776
listen=0

i run the wallet using a bat file, i keep the QT.exe and the bat file in one folder:

Code:
bitcredit-qt.exe -server

locate clpts folder, copy gpuhash files into biaries folder,(the same driver you have installed)

make a bat file

Code:
clpts_x86-64.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8776 -u your address:x -o 2 -u your address:x -g 2 -a 0

There is no "-o 2" in solomine version of clpts, only in pool version. Also "-o 127.0.0.1:8776" it doesn't work on the pool version, because the pool version use "stratum" as protocol and the solo version use "getwork".
If you have server=1 in bitcredit.conf, you don't need to start bitcredit-qt.exe with -server option.

if you solomine it still works with the -o 2. i just copied from the first .bat file i made.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Could you dumb down the amd cards for windows part? I have no clue where to put the clpts file and no clue how to launch the miner. Seems very complicated unnecessarily.
Thanks.

server=1
Code:
genproclimit=0
rpcuser=your address
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776
listen=0

i run the wallet using a bat file, i keep the QT.exe and the bat file in one folder:

Code:
bitcredit-qt.exe -server

locate clpts folder, copy gpuhash files into biaries folder,(the same driver you have installed)

make a bat file

Code:
clpts_x86-64.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8776 -u your address:x -o 2 -u your address:x -g 2 -a 0

There is no "-o 2" in solomine version of clpts, only in pool version. Also "-o 127.0.0.1:8776" it doesn't work on the pool version, because the pool version use "stratum" as protocol and the solo version use "getwork".
If you have server=1 in bitcredit.conf, you don't need to start bitcredit-qt.exe with -server option.
Activity: 1232
Thanks.

Code:
server=1
genproclimit=0
rpcuser=your address
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776
listen=0

Code:
bitcredit-qt.exe -server

make a bat file

Code:
clpts_x86-64.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8776 -u your address:x  -g 2 -a 0

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I have a background in venture capital.  By far, the biggest and most common mistake new entrepreneurs make is trying to do too much too fast.  They end up doing a lot of things really poorly instead of one or two really well.

Write down those ideas but give them no more energy.  Pick one thing to do really well.  When that is implemented and working really well, then you can begin to add additional features.

Haven't seen you in the SPR thread in a while.

I invest in developers, not coins.  While the guys taking over SPR are to be commended, they don't quite have the skill level I look for.  I'm all for them proving me wrong of course.

I agree with you.  SPR was a noble endeavor but it failed once the main dev left.  It's unlikely that SPR will make a come back.  Any decent dev would just fork it and start a new coin and chain.

This coin however has at least a glimmer of promise.   
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Have you setup a testnet to test the functions of this coin?  I have read through the thread and didn't see any reference to one.  If not I think you should.  Thinking of taking a position in this coin but am still on the fence.

2. AMD Cards
Best miner at the current date is clpts v2.0 by NaN (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2598.0):
   Pool version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jbalig775vh7hc2/AAA-mqdZS4c-MbatrCsgm2qna?dl=0
   Solominer version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycqnadnjp8rhsp0/AADKNyWsn0oShLPtNGCBliWba?dl=0
Note: With the pool version you can only mine to Ypool (-o 0), p2pool.website (-o 1) and bcrp2pool.website (-o 2).

Poolmining:
Note: clpts_x86.exe stand for 32bit exe, clpts_x86-64.exe stand for 64bit exe.
Copy the appropriate binaries kernel for the AMD drivers that you have installed into the "binaries" directory.
Create an .bat file with the following content:

Code:
clpts_x86-64.exe -o 1 -u 5qN3ZasN345N5UoEVg2iZ4DtwA8YjyjJic:x -o 2 -u 5qN3ZasN345N5UoEVg2iZ4DtwA8YjyjJic:x -g 2 -a 0
pause

Save it and run it.
Modify the BCR address. This will use p2pool.website as primary pool and bcrp2pool.website as secondary pool for mining. See readme.txt.

Solomining:
Note: clpts_x86.exe stand for 32bit exe, clpts_x86-64.exe stand for 64bit exe.
Copy the appropriate binaries kernel for the AMD drivers that you have installed into the "binaries" directory.
Create an .bat file with the following content:

Code:
clpts_x86-64.exe -o localhost:8776 -u 5qN3ZasN345N5UoEVg2iZ4DtwA8YjyjJic.5qN3ZasN345N5UoEVg2iZ4DtwA8YjyjJic:x -g 2 -a 0
pause

Save it and run it.
Modify the BCR address. This will use p2pool.website as primary pool and bcrp2pool.website as secondary pool for mining. See readme.txt.

Thanks.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I have a background in venture capital.  By far, the biggest and most common mistake new entrepreneurs make is trying to do too much too fast.  They end up doing a lot of things really poorly instead of one or two really well.

Write down those ideas but give them no more energy.  Pick one thing to do really well.  When that is implemented and working really well, then you can begin to add additional features.

I invest in developers, not coins.  While the guys taking over SPR are to be commended, they don't quite have the skill level I look for.  I'm all for them proving me wrong of course.
legendary
Activity: 1400

I can imagine your frustration.  Intelligent people like yourself often experience it.  In fact, many are paralyzed by it as they don't know where to begin because the creative ideas overwhelm them.  Kudos to you for getting further than most.  The community will try to keep you focused and support you in every way we can Smiley
Activity: 602
I have a background in venture capital.  By far, the biggest and most common mistake new entrepreneurs make is trying to do too much too fast.  They end up doing a lot of things really poorly instead of one or two really well.

Write down those ideas but give them no more energy.  Pick one thing to do really well.  When that is implemented and working really well, then you can begin to add additional features.

Quite right, i have decide to keep my list a bit short.

first we'll launch what is there and try to improve on it, then in spare time we'll work on the next set of features.

i'll likely work an a quarterly basis unless something matures quickly.

sometimes i get excited because i see so many possibilities. It's frustrating when your mind is a billion miles ahead of your hands.

Activity: 462

Hehe i hear you.

The binary issue will be dealt with soon. RC branch is for seasoned people, developers and testers...if you are not one of the above, i encourage you avoid those branches.

Banknodes are on a set schedule for the 31st, there are a few surprises i am hoping to squeeze in.

!!!  I didn't realize they were this close!

A tentative schedule would be nice.  I'm okay with pleasant surprises when things happen earlier than expected like this too though...

If you look in the source code you'll see the date was set a while ago. This update should actually be called an upgrade, it also brings blockchain based democracy, block chain hiring program, Bank rating system, secure messaging as well as the first iteration of public manual banking.

Manual banking means that requests are sent and reviewed manually. In the next iteration , banks can allow automatic loans/insurance to addresses in their default trust.

So many ideas.not enough coders  Sad
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Hehe i hear you.

The binary issue will be dealt with soon. RC branch is for seasoned people, developers and testers...if you are not one of the above, i encourage you avoid those branches.

Banknodes are on a set schedule for the 31st, there are a few surprises i am hoping to squeeze in.

!!!  I didn't realize they were this close!

A tentative schedule would be nice.  I'm okay with pleasant surprises when things happen earlier than expected like this too though...

The average user with a constant online wallet is not forgotten, this is what i am studying today along with colored coins (so I can issue BBD on the block chain)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-of-activity-proposal-102355

Interesting ideas.  I really like all the thought going into incentive schemes to keep the blockchain secure.  In BITCREDIT and in cryptocurrency in general.

Thanks,

I've realized that it seems everything generally just follows plan planning..... is there anything anyone would like to see in Bitcredit?

Please don't say ring signatures  Tongue

Linux clients that just compiled according to the documentation, or precompiled linux binaries. (Couldn't get the 'b' RC to build yesterday.)

Banknodes working on mainnet.

And a more structured testing and rollout schedule.

(Since you asked. Wink)

Hehe i hear you.

legendary
Activity: 966
The average user with a constant online wallet is not forgotten, this is what i am studying today along with colored coins (so I can issue BBD on the block chain)

Interesting ideas.  I really like all the thought going into incentive schemes to keep the blockchain secure.  In BITCREDIT and in cryptocurrency in general.

Thanks,

I've realized that it seems everything generally just follows plan planning..... is there anything anyone would like to see in Bitcredit?

Linux clients that just compiled according to the documentation, or precompiled linux binaries. (Couldn't get the 'b' RC to build yesterday.)

Banknodes working on mainnet.

And a more structured testing and rollout schedule.

(Since you asked. Wink)

Thanks,

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Code:
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See for instructions.
make[2]: *** [libbitcredit_server_a-alert.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/bicreditsnew/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bicreditsnew/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

not sure what im doing wrong. possibly because of ./configure --with--incompatible-bdb ?

Try only "make"
What Linux Distro do you use ?
ubuntu 14.10
reinstall g++
the error is not related to bitcredits source
Activity: 336
Code:
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See for instructions.
make[2]: *** [libbitcredit_server_a-alert.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/bicreditsnew/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bicreditsnew/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

not sure what im doing wrong. possibly because of ./configure --with--incompatible-bdb ?

Try only "make"
What Linux Distro do you use ?

ubuntu 14.10
Jump to: