Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 22. (Read 55496 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
June 19, 2013, 05:20:58 PM
https://twitter.com/defunctzombie/status/346405144939876352

What is the point of bank regulation and oversight if companies like this continue to thrive? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/14/us-bankofamerica-mortgages-idUSBRE95D10O20130614 … (close your BoA accnt!)
Close your BitFloor account!

What would you accomplish by closing your BitFloor account right now?

Jesus does this guy even knows what it's like to be lied to by your bank, and then he proceeds with this?

I'm not sure that Roman has said anything yet that has been demonstrated as a lie.

I agree that he hasn't been as communicative as we'd all like, and that he didn't take financial responsibility for the "hack" that occurred last fall.

However, neither of those things are outside the terms of service that we agreed to when we chose to use his service, and it'd be interesting to see if any U.S. court would recognize either behavior as illegal (as compared to the BoA practice that appears to be pretty clearly illegal).
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
June 19, 2013, 05:06:54 PM
The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.

How would it do that?

Because it seems he doesn't realize he's holding onto a million dollars of other people's money.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 19, 2013, 04:46:02 PM
The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.

How would it do that?

Because it seems he doesn't realize he's holding onto a million dollars of other people's money.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 19, 2013, 04:29:35 PM

How would it do that?
June 19, 2013, 04:25:47 PM
https://twitter.com/defunctzombie/status/346405144939876352

What is the point of bank regulation and oversight if companies like this continue to thrive? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/14/us-bankofamerica-mortgages-idUSBRE95D10O20130614 … (close your BoA accnt!)

Close your BitFloor account! Jesus does this guy even knows what it's like to be lied to by your bank, and then he proceeds with this?

I seriously now hope for a jail sentence for this scumbag. We are sitting in the same boat as any debt collector here, he can just ignore anything we can do. The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
June 19, 2013, 02:05:13 PM
Please stop messaging me on my personal Twitter account - Roman

Sure thing bud, as soon as you respond to emails sent to [email protected]. Don't give me that crap when you have my money and refuse to communicate other than saying you are enjoying all your free time.
June 19, 2013, 11:27:47 AM
Working hard returning funds...
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
June 14, 2013, 05:41:38 AM
... but somehow I doubt that rich kids have to resort to couch surfing when they go on vacation  Roll Eyes

Unless those rich kids are on a blacklist and have had all their accounts closed by their banks

According to his tweets even his personal accounts are being closed
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 12, 2013, 03:42:22 PM
Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important.

Obviously. That's why he had to hire a lawyer, go to a bunch of different banks, where he was rejected every time, and only about 5 pages of this thread was spent on discussing suggestions for a bank that might accept him.

What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

It seems to me like maybe he just grew up a rich kid and doesn't understand how much trust we put into him to walk around with a million$ check.

LOL! It's always useful to have a hardcore pessimist around to point out possible pitfalls, but somehow I doubt that rich kids have to resort to couch surfing when they go on vacation  Roll Eyes
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 01:27:15 PM

Wait, so ICU is releasing confidential client information to you?

I am astonished at the ability of the bit-coin community to read negative interpretations outside of the actual words that were written.

I think he is questioning the credibility of the report since it's unlikely that a banker would discuss the details of a customer's account status with a third party.

Not saying it didn't happen, but it is odd.

FWIW - I believe that Roman will pay back funds.
Activity: 51
June 12, 2013, 01:23:39 PM
Wait, so ICU is releasing confidential client information to you?

Which of the listed information is the "confidential" information, and which is considered public information?

Confidential = Information about any account (or potential account ) that isn't yours.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 12, 2013, 12:19:16 PM
Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important.

Duh.

What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

Double-duh. Take a wild guess.
Activity: 135
June 12, 2013, 06:25:42 AM
That is good news.  Better news would be if Bitfloor would reopen, or get bought by someone that would reopen the site.  It was so much better than Mtgox. 

I am glad that Roman was being honest all along.  It must be pretty stressful dealing with all of this.

I've been trading at CampBX for the past month or so. Decent volume, the trading tools are nicer than Bitfloor's, some real-time market visualization (graphs etc), auto-trading, margin trading, a REST API. They are based in Atlanta, Georgia I believe.. they have great customer service and a commendable mission statement. So far I like them a lot.
June 12, 2013, 04:10:35 AM
Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important. What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

It seems to me like maybe he just grew up a rich kid and doesn't understand how much trust we put into him to walk around with a million$ check.

Let this be a lesson to all of us to not trust a US-based business where this fraud is left unaccounted for. Only leave fiat money in a European account where people are held accountable for their actions (read bitcoin-24).
Activity: 224
June 11, 2013, 11:09:56 PM
Couldn't have been too stressful if he was taking a vacation and crashing on people's couches at the time.   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
June 11, 2013, 10:43:24 PM
That is good news.  Better news would be if Bitfloor would reopen, or get bought by someone that would reopen the site.  It was so much better than Mtgox. 

I am glad that Roman was being honest all along.  It must be pretty stressful dealing with all of this.

Activity: 20
June 11, 2013, 02:51:09 AM
About damn time.  Thanks AudenX.
Activity: 41
June 10, 2013, 08:51:08 PM
Good news at last! ...

This is very welcome news.
I miss my money. I hope it remembers me.
Activity: 224
June 10, 2013, 08:32:11 PM
Bitfloor update email for 10-June-2013

Good news at last!

I spoke today with Jordan Modell from Internet Credit Union. He was able to confirm that Roman has been in touch with ICU for a few weeks and has been working with them to set up a way to return USD funds to customers. Here are the key points:

• After conferring with their counsel, ICU confirmed that they can legally open an account for Bitfloor. They have done so. Bitfloor's account with ICU is now open.
  • ICU and Bitfloor are setting up ACH transfer capabilities for the account. Jordan should be able to confirm by Friday this week whether ACH into and ACH out of the account is set up and working.
  • The main delay at this point is that ICU has to wait to hear back from their counsel whether they need to follow "Know Your Customer" guidelines for each of Bitfloor's depositors. Jordan said it might take as long as until the end of next week (6/21) to hear back from their counsel on this issue.

To elaborate on point #3: Even though Roman knows who most of us are (because anyone who requested ACH verification from Bitfloor already submitted photo ID), ICU is trying to find out if they need to separately request and review identity verification information for all of us, too. Ideally, ICU would like to avoid collecting this information about Bitfloor's customers, if that's legal. However, if their counsel advises them to collect this information, it shouldn't amount to much more than some additional paperwork or a brief phone call for each of us — not too much of a hassle, in my opinion, given how long we have waited already for refunds.

Overall, Jordan sounds very motivated to help with this situation. He asked me to follow up with him later this week so he could give me an update.

THIS is the best news I've heard yet related to Bitfloor!  Cheesy  Cool

Granted I'm only out $105, but when you are broke and unemployed, every penny counts!

I hope this doesn't take too long.  My wife will be really upset if we can't do something for our anniversary on the 22nd.  Getting that money back will take care of that for us.  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 10, 2013, 07:15:00 PM
I am astonished at the ability of the bit-coin community to read negative interpretations outside of the actual words that were written.

You must be new here.

What gave it away?
Pages:
Jump to: