Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 18. (Read 55496 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
July 09, 2013, 11:34:11 PM
I am glad that it appears funds will be arriving soon.  I did not have much in my Bitfloor account so I was not too worried regardless, but still enough that it will be nice to get it back.

That said, I really wish the Bitfloor site could resume trading.  It was so much better than Mt. Gox. and I always thought Roman was a decent kind of guy.  Perhaps in over his head at times!?  With all the VCs throwing money around wouldn't one want to take an exchange that already has some success and take it to the next level.  But I am sure they have their own projects they are working on.

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
July 09, 2013, 10:50:00 PM
It is the latter.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am Citizenfive.
July 09, 2013, 10:37:04 PM
There's USD debt and BTC debt... one may be fixed, the other may never be?

If you had BTC in bitfloor, you could have withdrawn that ages ago. The balance as USD was held because of Capital One seizing and closing the account, which now appears to be set for disbursal through the IAFCU.

If you had BTC in bitfloor a few years ago that you lost when their hot wallet was hacked back in the day, that was gone, and still is gone. He has stated an intention to attempt to pay it back (presumably in USD based on the value at the time, as no other way would be sane, but a BTC is fine too...) but that may never be feasible in this timeline.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
July 09, 2013, 10:31:50 PM
There's USD debt and BTC debt... one may be fixed, the other may never be?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am Citizenfive.
July 09, 2013, 10:25:08 PM
Waiting on my funds now.

FYI, for anyone who has been in this thread for a while, a couple months back I offered to buy the debt off of people at fractional amounts (between 1:2 and 1:8, depending on various factors, tailored to the person I was PMed by). If you guys are curious, the reason I went silent on it is, after communicating with Roman, some guys working with him also shortly got back to me with the intentions of using the IAFCU, and ran through it with me, under NDA that I would not say anything about it. That is why I stopped offering to buy the debt, and why I never carried on with any of the agreements I had began with a few of you.

tl;dr -- never bought any debt. Bad for me, in the sense that I had information to capitalize on, but hey, at least I can sleep at night. ...But I suppose I am still a scumbag, as some stated earlier? You know who you are. The same crowd being a little more than just pissed with Roman, and bordering on psychotic. But I suppose you may be eating those words now too, and now think Roman's a pretty cool guy? Until the next time you drag the drama llama through our forum, I guess, right? /rant

*sigh* anyway, glad this seems to finally be getting sorted (except for the guys who lost BTC in the theft way back in the day). Certainly took a while... hooray, banks...

--Fnx
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
July 09, 2013, 04:32:58 AM
Did IACU contact anyone today to verify acount information?

I submitted mine the other day, yesterday I called them. The person I spoke with said that it was in processing, would be set up tomorrow (today) and I would get a call this afternoon.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
July 09, 2013, 12:46:32 AM
I submitted my information to IAFCU on Saturday and did not hear from them today.

I had the same experience (submitted Sat. did not hear today).
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
July 08, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

I submitted my information to IAFCU on Saturday and did not hear from them today.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
July 08, 2013, 10:06:19 PM
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
July 08, 2013, 03:08:49 PM
PSA: If you deleted GAuth key for bitfloor, but saved the QR code somewhere, you will have to hit refresh many times before you get to a workable code. For some reason bitfloor used counter based rather than time based, so you have to get past the last code you used to login.

PSA #2: Always save/print the QR code whenever you add a new GAuth code.

Anyone know if there is a possibility of restoring GAuth keys from an old iOS backup?

Nope, not possible.  Ran into this problem when I lost my old iPod touch.. Best to take a photo of the QR code and save it someplace secure just in case.
Activity: 707
July 08, 2013, 02:42:29 PM
PSA: If you deleted GAuth key for bitfloor, but saved the QR code somewhere, you will have to hit refresh many times before you get to a workable code. For some reason bitfloor used counter based rather than time based, so you have to get past the last code you used to login.

Anyone know if there is a possibility of restoring GAuth keys from an old iOS backup?
Activity: 108
July 08, 2013, 01:48:02 PM

Activity: 854
July 08, 2013, 01:37:06 PM
Your refund information is under review. Once reviewed, your refund will be sent to you electronically.

Great to hear!

No it has been like this since the minute the site let people submit requests.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 08, 2013, 01:26:05 PM
Your refund information is under review. Once reviewed, your refund will be sent to you electronically.

Great to hear!
July 08, 2013, 01:25:03 PM
Activity: 504
WTF???
July 08, 2013, 10:25:35 AM
For some reason I didn't see this in my twitter feed.

Bump for those that didn't notice this over the weekend. Go get your money, hopefully.

$2.50 fee, fine. I mentioned before if he cut a check I would let him take out much more and overnight the damned thing to me.
July 07, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
Not sure, but I think your math is a little off somewhere?  BTC was worth a LOT more than $4.50 each when Bitfloor went down.  Cheesy

Sorry, I meant that I sold 30BTC at a price of $135 each

So if I buy back in with my total refund amount, and pay less than half that price I will more than double the original amount of BTC that I sold that day

I just hope the market stays down for a few more days until I can get my money. Sub-$50 would be great!

At least that's some more fire under Roman's ass to hurry it up.
Activity: 135
July 07, 2013, 03:03:32 PM
Not sure, but I think your math is a little off somewhere?  BTC was worth a LOT more than $4.50 each when Bitfloor went down.  Cheesy

Sorry, I meant that I sold 30BTC at a price of $135 each

So if I buy back in with my total refund amount, and pay less than half that price I will more than double the original amount of BTC that I sold that day

I just hope the market stays down for a few more days until I can get my money. Sub-$50 would be great!
July 07, 2013, 02:54:37 PM
Any international users made any progress? It says to put in your swift code instead of a routing number, but when I do, it is saying 'not a valid routing number' and won't let me submit.

I guess I'll have to email [email protected]  Roll Eyes

There are thousands of emails to that address, since from before the site went down they were not answered.
Activity: 224
July 07, 2013, 02:19:43 PM
Any international users made any progress? It says to put in your swift code instead of a routing number, but when I do, it is saying 'not a valid routing number' and won't let me submit.

I guess I'll have to email [email protected]  Roll Eyes

Yup, they are validating it against US routing numbers.  Must have forgotten to put in that exception rule.
Pages:
Jump to: