Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 25. (Read 55498 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
June 04, 2013, 12:40:48 PM
He's blocked even the bitcoins in Bitfloor accounts. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO BLOCK THOSE BITCOINS.
What the hell? Why is this the first time anyone has even bothered to bring this up? I was under the impression that all Bitfloor bitcoins could still be easily pulled out, and have been.
Perhaps in your blind rabid defense of an incompetent you missed that in the first days of this disaster?
You other defense about Bank B not being obligated to cash it is correct, BUT I think you miss the point, Bank A (who issued the check) MUST cash it BY LAW.  

Minor Miner, don't argue with the internet lawyers. They are much smarter than you. Especially when they are a internet professor AND an internet lawyer. You can't win.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
June 04, 2013, 12:35:01 PM
He's blocked even the bitcoins in Bitfloor accounts. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO BLOCK THOSE BITCOINS.
What the hell? Why is this the first time anyone has even bothered to bring this up? I was under the impression that all Bitfloor bitcoins could still be easily pulled out, and have been.
Perhaps in your blind rabid defense of an incompetent you missed that in the first days of this disaster?
You other defense about Bank B not being obligated to cash it is correct, BUT I think you miss the point, Bank A (who issued the check) MUST cash it BY LAW.   
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 04, 2013, 12:12:23 PM

legendary
June 04, 2013, 12:10:19 PM
Bank A writes a check to a customer. Customer takes the check to Bank B across the street and opens an account depositing the check of which the funds can't be touched until the check clears from Bank A.

Bank A clears the check to Bank B.

At no point is there an investigation as to how the funds were amassed, whether Bitcoin, drug sales, prostitution, payola for a murder contract, etc. The only concerns would be that funds are available from Bank A, and Bank B is happy to have you as a new customer.

You forgot one crucial step. If Bank A check is >  "woah, that's a lot!" Bank B first contacts Bank A to ask why they want to move so much money out of their account. If Bank A tells them they closed the account because they had some issues or concerns, Bank B is not obligated to accept the check.

A few years ago I had a painful personal experience of trying to open an account with a $6,000,000,000 check from the Rothchild's, but no bank in the world wanted to touch it, despite lawyers flying around the world to meet the bankers personally, and as a result an immensely important project fell through once the check expired after a year.

LOL this story stinks to high heaven.

Want to see proof? I have the not-confidential-anymore signed and notarized document for the money transfer, and the business plan it was supposed to be used for.

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
June 04, 2013, 05:56:53 AM
I wonder ...

... I wonder ...

... ... I wonder ... ...

... ... ... I wonder ... ... ...

... ... ... ... I wonder why any of us need to wonder

Apparently information is the enemy and Roman is protecting us from it.

Thanks Roman!

Great guy that Roman Shtylman
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
June 04, 2013, 05:28:47 AM
Refusal letters, scan them, or they didn't happen.

Exactly!

Why are we being kept out of the loop?

I wonder if banks don't want to touch Roman's due to his bad credit history? all his cards have been blocked.
June 04, 2013, 05:15:50 AM
Why don't you grab Roman anyway, and ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm. Right now we have no clue what is going on, because Roman has'nt had the basic professionalism to keep his customers informed in this crisis.

I'm just tired of people guessing what banks will or won't do.  Prove to me that they'll do what so many people here seem to think is easy, and I'll go collect my cash.  I'm not going to waste a few thousand on travel costs to collect Roman just to discover that it really is difficult for him to accomplish and he's not wasting time.

Either prove to me that it is possible to do what he needs to do, or pay for my travel costs, and I'll do exactly what you've asked (ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm).

The banking system in the US has not collapsed with Bitfloor. Banks still honor checks. Getting that money into a bank is a very basic function of banking.

Now, i'm not so sure about setting up ACH etc.

But perhaps Roman could offer Bitcoin for those who want to cash out at market rates. There are limitless options here. And Roman has offered exactly 0. 

Roman is a shifty little scumbag.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
June 04, 2013, 04:59:49 AM
Why don't you grab Roman anyway, and ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm. Right now we have no clue what is going on, because Roman has'nt had the basic professionalism to keep his customers informed in this crisis.

I'm just tired of people guessing what banks will or won't do.  Prove to me that they'll do what so many people here seem to think is easy, and I'll go collect my cash.  I'm not going to waste a few thousand on travel costs to collect Roman just to discover that it really is difficult for him to accomplish and he's not wasting time.

Either prove to me that it is possible to do what he needs to do, or pay for my travel costs, and I'll do exactly what you've asked (ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm).
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
June 04, 2013, 04:46:24 AM
Bank A writes a check to a customer. Customer takes the check to Bank B across the street and opens an account depositing the check of which the funds can't be touched until the check clears from Bank A.

At no point is there an investigation as to how the funds were amassed, whether Bitcoin, drug sales, prostitution, payola for a murder contract, etc. The only concerns would be that funds are available from Bank A, and Bank B is happy to have you as a new customer.

Anything stated otherwise is BULLSHIT and somebody is enjoying a FUCKIN' vacation off the the very backs of those who put trust in him.

Utter motherfuckin' Madness!!!

You've found a bank that has committed to accepting the check and allowing Bitfloor to open an account for the purposes of sending the funds to all the waiting recipients?  If you give me the contact information of the person at that bank so that I can confirm that you are telling the truth, then I'll personally fly to Califormia, grab Roman by the collar and drag him to that bank so I can get my money.

Refusal letters, scan them, or they didn't happen.
June 04, 2013, 04:11:53 AM

Anything stated otherwise is BULLSHIT and somebody is enjoying a FUCKIN' vacation off the the very backs of those who put trust in him.

You've found a bank that has committed to accepting the check and allowing Bitfloor to open an account for the purposes of sending the funds to all the waiting recipients?  If you give me the contact information of the person at that bank so that I can confirm that you are telling the truth, then I'll personally fly to Califormia, grab Roman by the collar and drag him to that bank so I can get my money.

June 04, 2013, 04:09:37 AM
It must be exhausting for you trying to pretend that you haven't lost your money to Roman.  Keep trying to bury your head in the sand.  It's sure to work someday.

Oh no, I'm not pretending at all. I've pretty much written off the $25,000 I've lost in this whole fiasco. I'm just annoyed at all the paranoid people coming up with crazy, unsubstantiated opinions about what must be happening, and stating those opinions as fact, while drowning out actual real information, however rarely it comes.

I still have some faith that other people who are waiting on this USD check repayment will receive most, if not all, of their money back, but I'm painfully aware how difficult it can be to actually cash in a big check with a new account. A few years ago I had a painful personal experience of trying to open an account with a $6,000,000,000 check from the Rothchild's, but no bank in the world wanted to touch it, despite lawyers flying around the world to meet the bankers personally, and as a result an immensely important project fell through once the check expired after a year. I know Roman's problem isn't anywhere near as difficult as mine, though with Bitcoin's reputation it might be, and I do know just how much of douchebags bankers can be.

LOL this story stinks to high heaven.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
June 04, 2013, 03:40:10 AM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 04, 2013, 03:28:33 AM

legendary
June 01, 2013, 09:41:47 PM
It must be exhausting for you trying to pretend that you haven't lost your money to Roman.  Keep trying to bury your head in the sand.  It's sure to work someday.

Oh no, I'm not pretending at all. I've pretty much written off the $25,000 I've lost in this whole fiasco. I'm just annoyed at all the paranoid people coming up with crazy, unsubstantiated opinions about what must be happening, and stating those opinions as fact, while drowning out actual real information, however rarely it comes.

I still have some faith that other people who are waiting on this USD check repayment will receive most, if not all, of their money back, but I'm painfully aware how difficult it can be to actually cash in a big check with a new account. A few years ago I had a painful personal experience of trying to open an account with a $6,000,000,000 check from the Rothchild's, but no bank in the world wanted to touch it, despite lawyers flying around the world to meet the bankers personally, and as a result an immensely important project fell through once the check expired after a year. I know Roman's problem isn't anywhere near as difficult as mine, though with Bitcoin's reputation it might be, and I do know just how much of douchebags bankers can be.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
June 01, 2013, 12:28:52 PM

If I were communicating with his lawyer, I would be asking for documentation that demonstrates Roman had not used client funds for his own purposes.  I would also be looking for proof that no one has recieved preferential payment from the time that Roman was notified his account was being closed.  Proof of the actual closure and the justification for the decision would be good as well.  Much like the last hack, there has never been any evidence presented that supports Roman's tale.

Documentation is good.

I'm fairly open to the point that it causes me trouble, but for the life of me I can't understand any reason to avoid posting an image of the check.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 01, 2013, 10:54:21 AM
Looks like we have a solution: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2332048

Game theory in practice.  ;-)

Come on Matthew, it's your own money your taking. You're just preventing people from stealing your money. It is not your fault nor your responsibility that they are stealing from others.

In some cases that is true, but in the case of bitcoinica for example, lets say they only had 50% of the owed funds left. Would you ask for 100% or would you recommend a fair even settlement for everyone?

A nice sentiment but it only works if all actors are fair.

It only takes one person to think only of themselves first and then everyone will do it so with the likelihood of there being at least one person doing this, the best course of action is to get whatever you can because it's possible you might end up with nothing.

Speaking of practice, there is a legal procedure called interpleader, which basically legitimizes the pro rata distribution of the ramaining funds. However, you can put up a fight, and claim the whole amount, for example based on the prior judgement in your favor, or whatever reason that would compel the other parties' lawyers to accept your terms.

As long as Roman didn't spend more than 50% of the funds, we would sign off on this.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
June 01, 2013, 06:09:59 AM

*yawn* I hope no one takes this guy and his unsubstantiated FUD seriously.

If Roman actually had the money to pay his debts it would be trivially easy to make the payments to the vast majority of his customers.  What is lacking is will on his part to actually pay. 

When the first 'hack' occurred, I suspected Bitfloor was a money losing operation and Roman had been dipping into client funds to maintain his operations.  The incredible story and delays associated with this latest display of incompetence on Roman's part make that scenario all the more plausible.

If I were communicating with his lawyer, I would be asking for documentation that demonstrates Roman had not used client funds for his own purposes.  I would also be looking for proof that no one has recieved preferential payment from the time that Roman was notified his account was being closed.  Proof of the actual closure and the justification for the decision would be good as well.  Much like the last hack, there has never been any evidence presented that supports Roman's tale.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
June 01, 2013, 02:30:58 AM
So one thing we know is that his day-to-day expenses are being paid for out of the BitFloor accounts...

We do? [citation needed]

From what he's posting on twitter, nobodies paying his personal accounts...
Activity: 41
June 01, 2013, 01:39:55 AM
Sigh.
legendary
June 01, 2013, 12:56:30 AM
So one thing we know is that his day-to-day expenses are being paid for out of the BitFloor accounts...

We do? [citation needed]
Pages:
Jump to: