Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading - page 53. (Read 129199 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
So this is about a new security listed on Bitfunder. AMC.

They state that they will earn:

Est Gross(less power) Revenue 12 Months 2,847,472.08 BTC

How can anyone who is into mining make such a calculation mistake? How will they be making 2.8 million bitcoins with mining when only about 1.3 million bitcoins will be generated in a year?

Seriously, some vetting process needs to happen for companies that are being listed on exchanges. Promoter information should be listed - who they are, what experience do they have.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Further to above post it occurs to me that the credit is probably the one that should have showed up to whoever wrote the options - it looks like what I paid less the 10% fee.  Think it's just a reporting glitch - don't think I actually got creditted with it.

Right you are sir. This had been corrected and properly in the repo, and the next push it was reverted.

I have corrected the entries, and any others. Thanks again for helping out!

I assume the funds were all correct then?

Didn't actually notice the transaction issues until a lot later, but my balance changed in line with what I expected when I bought the options (I don't double-check balances in detail but would usually notice any significant error).
Activity: 448
Further to above post it occurs to me that the credit is probably the one that should have showed up to whoever wrote the options - it looks like what I paid less the 10% fee.  Think it's just a reporting glitch - don't think I actually got creditted with it.

Right you are sir. This had been corrected and properly in the repo, and the next push it was reverted.

I have corrected the entries, and any others. Thanks again for helping out!

I assume the funds were all correct then?
Seems to be some confusion in the reporting of options trading in transactions.

I bought calls on 13 ASICMINER.PT with a strike of .9 and an option price of .009 each (yeah - 1%).

My transactions shows 2 entries in respect of it:

2013-03-17 08:25:07    Option Purchase: (ABM)
CALL: 13 Share/s @ ฿0.90 each    ฿0.11700000    

2013-03-17 08:25:07    Option Sale: (ABM)
CALL: 13 Share/s @ ฿0.90 each         ฿0.10530000

The first one shows as a debit, the second as a credit.  The debit is the correct amount for the trade.  I've no idea why the credit shows - doesn't seem like it altered my balance as afar as I can tell.  Also no idea why both say ABM when the option is on ASICMINER.  I've not bought or sold any other options (though I have rewritten the ASICMINER ones in case anyone feels like locking me in an immediate profit).
Awesome news! Just tried writing an option and it's really smooth.

If you have any issues or questions let me know.

Also, I am sure the FAQ and explanation of options could use some work. Anything is appreciated.

I try to bend BitFunder to to the will of the community. Usually in a fair way. Wink

Also, there are still more news to come soon. Stay tuned!   Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
Awesome news! Just tried writing an option and it's really smooth.
vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
We also need the ability to trade options.

As usual, ask and ye shall receive.

It took a little more time to test than I had hopped, but a looping execution system must be properly tested. Smiley

You can now write, rewrite, and execute PUT and CALL options for any asset on BitFunder.

This goes great with peoples questioning over AsicMiner, SDICE, or even LTC prices.

You will find the options trading tab next to the profile tab on the asset.

All options are listed per asset only at the moment
The 'My Assets' page listing all of your written/rewritten, held, and other options detail is almost done.

There are now two cyber christs. Satoshi Nakamoto... and Ukyo  Grin

We also need the ability to trade options.

As usual, ask and ye shall receive.

It took a little more time to test than I had hopped, but a looping execution system must be properly tested. Smiley

You can now write, rewrite, and execute PUT and CALL options for any asset on BitFunder.

This goes great with peoples questioning over AsicMiner, SDICE, or even LTC prices.

You will find the options trading tab next to the profile tab on the asset.

All options are listed per asset only at the moment
The 'My Assets' page listing all of your written/rewritten, held, and other options detail is almost done.
I added an option under settings to not display asset graphs.

Give it a shot and tell me if that makes life better on the site for you. Smiley

Works great for me - now just need BTC-E to start working again and I can make the spread on the LTC asset a lot smaller.
I added an option under settings to not display asset graphs.

Give it a shot and tell me if that makes life better on the site for you. Smiley
I think it's very unreasonable to get people to use another browser just for your site.

I was only asking to test if it was an issue with firefox so I can check into memory leaks regarding firefox and the chart.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Smiley

Issue doesn't appear to be a memory leak to me - I've had the monitor up during the lag and theres no real increase in memory usage by the process.  Sometimes nothing seems to be happening, but a lot of the time it appears to be waiting for a response from either google analytics or raw.github.

I didn't look at the graphs at all - as I had BTC-E open already.  I just scrolled down to orders area, put some orders in, waited 10 seconds for page to load between each one, then cancelled them as LTC can move a few percent in 10 seconds and the lag was preventing me keeping my BTC-E orders updated.

Just tried Chrome and can confirm there was zero lag of any significance there - so problem does seem to be Firefox related.

Also just tried looking at the BTC-E graph for the LTC asset.  Once the graph has initially loaded it's fine for swapping between tabs.  Problem is that I spend more time loading pages then sitting on them - I go to an asset to do trades.

Unfortunately I can't really swap to Chrome as that has problems with Flash which is used on other websites I tend to have open.  Could keep multiple browsers open at once I guess, but have had problems when doing that before.
[/quote]

Thanks for checking that!

Graph data loading method will change in the next week to be an "after thought" for the page to load.

I don't want to force anyone from their favorite browser and will be working to solve it.
In the meantime I will get a disable option up for you guys.

I was considering removing analytics already. I was just using it to keep visitor stats for dev reasons.
What pages are loaded the most, etc, etc.

I will try to track down the github url purl and replace it with a local. That is probably what is causing the freeze it sounds like.

Thanks again for everything! Smiley
I think it's very unreasonable to get people to use another browser just for your site.

I was only asking to test if it was an issue with firefox so I can check into memory leaks regarding firefox and the chart.

Issue doesn't appear to be a memory leak to me - I've had the monitor up during the lag and theres no real increase in memory usage by the process.  Sometimes nothing seems to be happening, but a lot of the time it appears to be waiting for a response from either google analytics or raw.github.
Weighted companion cube
Sorry but I'm not familiar with highcharts :(

Weighted companion cube
That is very interesting.

Are you all using firefox?
Would you guys be willing to try chrome to see if it happens there as well?
I wonder if there is a memory management issue with firefox.
I could even make a chart option to limit chart data to X days/months.

The old graph worked just fine for you for loading, right?

And yes, I have a laundry list of profile  options I will be popping up son.
I may go ahead and add a charting option tonight if it is that bad.

Also Deprived,
When accessing the CRYPTO.LTC asset page, does the custom btce graph lag you also?
My original intentions were to upload 100% complete historical btce data.
I was debating against it last night because it would just be so much data.
Also considering just limiting the btce graph to last 3~7 days.

I didn't look at the graphs at all - as I had BTC-E open already.  I just scrolled down to orders area, put some orders in, waited 10 seconds for page to load between each one, then cancelled them as LTC can move a few percent in 10 seconds and the lag was preventing me keeping my BTC-E orders updated.

Just tried Chrome and can confirm there was zero lag of any significance there - so problem does seem to be Firefox related.

Also just tried looking at the BTC-E graph for the LTC asset.  Once the graph has initially loaded it's fine for swapping between tabs.  Problem is that I spend more time loading pages then sitting on them - I go to an asset to do trades.

Unfortunately I can't really swap to Chrome as that has problems with Flash which is used on other websites I tend to have open.  Could keep multiple browsers open at once I guess, but have had problems when doing that before.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF

Have just given this a try on both and they load equally quick for me. Both are latest versions on Windows 7.
Weighted companion cube
I haven't tried it with chrome yet, but the old graph worked fine. It's a javascript hang, maybe differences in garbage collection?

I wonder if there is a memory management issue with firefox.
I could even make a chart option to limit chart data to X days/months.

The old graph worked just fine for you for loading, right?

And yes, I have a laundry list of profile  options I will be popping up son.
I may go ahead and add a charting option tonight if it is that bad.

Also Deprived,
When accessing the CRYPTO.LTC asset page, does the custom btce graph lag you also?
My original intentions were to upload 100% complete historical btce data.
I was debating against it last night because it would just be so much data.
Also considering just limiting the btce graph to last 3~7 days.
Pages:
Jump to: