Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading - page 55. (Read 129199 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
also average price of an assest that one has bought, should be easy to do and very useful

There is a nice analyzer coming soon. Smiley

I have a large large batch of things.
Some are designed and need implemented.
Some are partially implemented, some are partially designed.

But there is a _lot_ going on.

Once the current "big" project for BF is done, you will see more daily updates again.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
also average price of an assest that one has bought, should be easy to do and very useful
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
would be nice if it can do, stop order
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
It would be nice if there was a setting for email notifications when orders fill, dividends are paid etc... that you can toggle on and off.

Large notification system is in the works. Wink

You're the man!  With optional opt in text message notifications for a small fee a month (Idea patented)
It would be nice if there was a setting for email notifications when orders fill, dividends are paid etc... that you can toggle on and off.

Large notification system is in the works. Wink
One suggestion.  It would be nice if I could have multiple orders outstanding on the same bitcoins.  Then auto-cancel the order after one fills.  This provides more liquidity to the exchange as well.

Often times I would like to put a bid in on a couple stocks and would be OK with either one filling.

They started adding this - I was one of the few accounts given that functionaility for a while (it seemed to work fine but never displayed the correct reserved funds).  But apparently some idiot on irc managed to convince them it doesn't add liquidity so they removed it (with some people it won't add liquidity, with others it will - but for very very few will it remove liquidity, so overall liquidity across all securities DOES increase as a result).  The main increase comes from those trading on multiple sites - who can move more funds in if some orders get filled but don't want to cover every order 100% all the time when most orders only have a small chance of being filled in any given week (many assets there's often days or weeks without any significant trading volume - making it hard to justify leaving funds there backing just an order on that asset).

The lqiudiity it adds could be improved if instead of totally cancelling orders it just scaled the quantities back to match available funds.  This avoidins the situation where I have enough cash for 199 shares, place orders for 100 on each of 2 different securities and when one fills the other gets totally cancelled - which is one of the few situations where it CAN remove liquidity, though only due to bad planning by the person placing orders.

If added back in, it should really be an optional feature - not everyone wants to use it.

I agree that it should definitely be optional as I suppose so people may want one order to fill for sure and have it cancel if another order filled that they otherwise should not have placed.  (though I'd prefer this option over not being able to place multiple orders)

You can't say it doesn't add liquidity when I can close the gap on 2 stocks instead of 1.
Activity: 532
One suggestion.  It would be nice if I could have multiple orders outstanding on the same bitcoins.  Then auto-cancel the order after one fills.  This provides more liquidity to the exchange as well.

Often times I would like to put a bid in on a couple stocks and would be OK with either one filling.

They started adding this - I was one of the few accounts given that functionaility for a while (it seemed to work fine but never displayed the correct reserved funds).  But apparently some idiot on irc managed to convince them it doesn't add liquidity so they removed it (with some people it won't add liquidity, with others it will - but for very very few will it remove liquidity, so overall liquidity across all securities DOES increase as a result).  The main increase comes from those trading on multiple sites - who can move more funds in if some orders get filled but don't want to cover every order 100% all the time when most orders only have a small chance of being filled in any given week (many assets there's often days or weeks without any significant trading volume - making it hard to justify leaving funds there backing just an order on that asset).

The lqiudiity it adds could be improved if instead of totally cancelling orders it just scaled the quantities back to match available funds.  This avoidins the situation where I have enough cash for 199 shares, place orders for 100 on each of 2 different securities and when one fills the other gets totally cancelled - which is one of the few situations where it CAN remove liquidity, though only due to bad planning by the person placing orders.

If added back in, it should really be an optional feature - not everyone wants to use it.

Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
Please make it easy to count the number of decimal spaces.

0.000035 and 0.0000035 seem too similar and mistakes can happen.

I would recommend adding commas after decimal points too.
0.000,035 and 0.000,003,5

Or at least, make sure that each number has 8 digits after the decimal point. Don't get rid of the zeroes.
0.00003500 instead of 0.000035
(This is done on the My Assets page. But its not done on the Bid and Ask tables of the actual stock page.)

Thanks for keeping on rocking.

Yup, it will be #.####,#### when its supported right all over the site.

Or you can introduce a way to use the mBTC and μBTC notation on the site. That would do it, and it would be consistent with the satoshi client.
Awesome graphs!
Its awesome that you are constantly improving things.

One thing I had mentioned to you in a support ticket, mentioning it here too.

Or at least, make sure that each number has 8 digits after the decimal point. Don't get rid of the zeroes.
(This is done on the My Assets page. But its not done on the Bid and Ask tables of the actual stock page.)

Yup, it will be #.####,#### when its supported right all over the site.
Activity: 272
Awesome graphs!
Its awesome that you are constantly improving things.

One thing I had mentioned to you in a support ticket, mentioning it here too.

Activity: 428
Crypto-Trade graph inspired you ?  Smiley For graph dont forget its under license Wink

Hehe, it was actually a nice reminder that I needed to finish upgrading to it.
It was far cheaper than amstocks was for the large scope needed. Wink

Yes agree Smiley
Hey everyone,

I needed a break from wrapping up the current big BitFunder project so I decided to spend a half hour adding a new graph! Smiley

New graph type is now default graph tab to the asset page.
The new one allows you to save images of the graphs, and even pdfs.

Here is an example for sheer fun!

The older style graph is still available on the 'Alternative History Graph'.

I am still fine tuning it so it will work better with the images and other features.

Crypto-Trade graph inspired you ?  Smiley For graph dont forget its under license Wink
Unlike Cryptostocks, I'm pretty sure BitFunder actually pays for the charts.

I was not telling this to claim they don't, just reminding was not a free license as many think it at first view Wink

Hehe, it was actually a nice reminder that I needed to finish upgrading to it.
It was far cheaper than amstocks was for the large scope needed. Wink
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Hey everyone,

I needed a break from wrapping up the current big BitFunder project so I decided to spend a half hour adding a new graph! Smiley

I am still fine tuning it so it will work better with the images and other features.

Unlike Cryptostocks, I'm pretty sure BitFunder actually pays for the charts.
Hey everyone,

And it just got better.

I just set it to live update every 15 seconds showing any new trades. So you can just sit and watch the trades slide by. Wink

Depending on server load I may move this up or down as time goes by.
Wow, nice! Maybe even MtGox live style graphs for popular assets?

Already in the works.
Also have a special charting options I am going to setup once I push out the big project.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
And it just got better.

I just set it to live update every 15 seconds showing any new trades. So you can just sit and watch the trades slide by. Wink

Depending on server load I may move this up or down as time goes by.
Wow, nice! Maybe even MtGox live style graphs for popular assets?
Pages:
Jump to: