Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading - page 56. (Read 129174 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
And it just got better.

I just set it to live update every 15 seconds showing any new trades. So you can just sit and watch the trades slide by. Wink

Depending on server load I may move this up or down as time goes by.
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
This is definitely the best graph of any bitcoin exchange Cheesy
Hey everyone,

I needed a break from wrapping up the current big BitFunder project so I decided to spend a half hour adding a new graph! Smiley

New graph type is now default graph tab to the asset page.
The new one allows you to save images of the graphs, and even pdfs.

Here is an example for sheer fun!

The older style graph is still available on the 'Alternative History Graph'.

I am still fine tuning it so it will work better with the images and other features.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
GLBSE was shut down without notice at the operators whim. It was not forced to do so by any third parties.

Very much this. Nefario's posturing trying to suggest some sort of agency was involved is just that many more lies coming from him (and he has been lying through his teeth, for that matter).

The simple fact is that at the time of GLBSE's implosion MPEx was doing more trade per month than GLBSE's total historical aggregate. You'd think if some sort of law enforcement was involved they'd have talked to the 90% rather than the ~5%, right? Well...they haven't.

Nefario lied. End of story.

Its because Law Enforcement cant even find MPEX.

It's more likely Nefario's lawyer advised him to not continue operations.

He never had  a lawyer.
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
GLBSE was shut down without notice at the operators whim. It was not forced to do so by any third parties.

Very much this. Nefario's posturing trying to suggest some sort of agency was involved is just that many more lies coming from him (and he has been lying through his teeth, for that matter).

The simple fact is that at the time of GLBSE's implosion MPEx was doing more trade per month than GLBSE's total historical aggregate. You'd think if some sort of law enforcement was involved they'd have talked to the 90% rather than the ~5%, right? Well...they haven't.

It's more likely Nefario's lawyer advised him to not continue operations.

Its probably safe to say the pirate scam shut down glbse.

It really depends what income the exchange is getting and whether that covers the costs of running it, and whether the operator thinks they are receiving adequate compensation to motivate them.

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Sorry for this may be being an offtopic. I was wondering what are the possibilities of BitFunder following the same way as GLBSE did. Is it a real possibility ?

First off let me make one thing very clear about the way GLBSE closed.

If I ever get a 'bad feeling', I would at offer a bare minimal of 7 days notice, but more likely 30~90 days depending on the reasoning.
After shutdown, any BTC held in accounts would be returned to their public BTC address. The public asset list as of time of shutdown would remain live and public.
Any issuers who have unclaimed shares from previous incidents will have full detailed information.

As for that 'bad feeling', you never know what life may surprise you with. The only way I see anything actually happening, would be some kind of odd government intervention.
BitFunder does not currently trade actual shares of ownership of businesses.
However you never know how any government may attempt to construe this. With this said, there are some very large plans in the works to ensure BitFunder's survivability.
Once the details on this are more finalized I will share the good news. In the mean time, which could be many many months as this will take some time, I see no immediate danger for the site.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Sorry for this may be being an offtopic. I was wondering what are the possibilities of BitFunder following the same way as GLBSE did. Is it a real possibility ?

This might even be inevitable. I'd also like to hear some words on what has been done to keep it running for as long as possible.
Activity: 153
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
I just wanted to comment on my experience I just had, I was testing out the withdrawal process going from having BTC on Bitfunder, and moving it onto Ripple through WeExchange. The entire process took about 20 seconds, and was very easy. I now see the benefit of integrating with WeExchange for instant withdrawals, and how Ripple can be a nice complement to the bitcoin system; I could have then sent the btc on to one of my contacts in Ripple with another couple clicks and a second of waiting for it to process. Very nice indeed.

Hi Peter and thanks for the review.

There is actually some very very large news right around the corner for both WeExchange and BitFunder. This is meant to serve as an official tease notice of "Big things to come".
Between both announcements, assuming progress continues as is, I hope to knock the socks off of most everyone. (And yes, a WeExchange site update is in the works.)

As for ripple, there are big plans moving for that as well. The guys at ripple have been working very hard and very close with us to make things as smooth as possible.

As for instant transfers, this is one of the main benefits of BitFunder being directly connected to WeExchange. I will just say, look forward to this expanding. ;)
Big things to come? Sounds pretty interesting!

Also, could you please code options trading for BitFunder? It's really lacking, no bitcoin stock exchanges support it for securities :(
Are there any plans to list weexchange or bitfunder on the platform ?

There are thoughts. But that would be a later day when the numbers are much larger. Smiley
vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Good idea Monster, I support that idea.
I just wanted to comment on my experience I just had, I was testing out the withdrawal process going from having BTC on Bitfunder, and moving it onto Ripple through WeExchange. The entire process took about 20 seconds, and was very easy. I now see the benefit of integrating with WeExchange for instant withdrawals, and how Ripple can be a nice complement to the bitcoin system; I could have then sent the btc on to one of my contacts in Ripple with another couple clicks and a second of waiting for it to process. Very nice indeed.

Hi Peter and thanks for the review.

There is actually some very very large news right around the corner for both WeExchange and BitFunder. This is meant to serve as an official tease notice of "Big things to come".
Between both announcements, assuming progress continues as is, I hope to knock the socks off of most everyone. (And yes, a WeExchange site update is in the works.)

As for ripple, there are big plans moving for that as well. The guys at ripple have been working very hard and very close with us to make things as smooth as possible.

As for instant transfers, this is one of the main benefits of BitFunder being directly connected to WeExchange. I will just say, look forward to this expanding. Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
In the Trade History of any given stock you can see all the details of any processed transaction, ok thats fine.

What I dont understand is the field "Type" which it shows "Buy" or "Sell". What is the difference ? As I understand all history transactions has a seller and a buyer so a type "buy" or "sell" has no sense to me...

I think it's an indicator of who initiated the transaction.
Activity: 153
In the Trade History of any given stock you can see all the details of any processed transaction, ok thats fine.

What I dont understand is the field "Type" which it shows "Buy" or "Sell". What is the difference ? As I understand all history transactions has a seller and a buyer so a type "buy" or "sell" has no sense to me...

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

yeah. seems to have been something on my end (post edited)
Pages:
Jump to: