Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Fenix. Hashing from the ashes of Bakewell. - page 2. (Read 12266 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
What is a fair price for 2 Avalons?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Some people still pay > 1000 USD on ebay for an avalon.

So whats being done with the shares/asic's? Once the last dividend is handed out everything is worth 0 ?

Will there be any further transactions outside of Bitfunder?
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
So whats being done with the shares/asic's? Once the last dividend is handed out everything is worth 0 ?

Will there be any further transactions outside of Bitfunder?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
The avalons are worthless. Why not distribute the cash reserves? This is the best option for US shareholders.

What are the options at this point for Americans with shares? I'd like to hold direct shares, or maybe you could work to get on Havelock. Any word from a Fenix rep yet?
This is being performed right now. A final dividend is being issued. No electricity cost is being deducted from the final dividend.
The avalons are worthless. Why not distribute the cash reserves? This is the best option for US shareholders.

What are the options at this point for Americans with shares? I'd like to hold direct shares, or maybe you could work to get on Havelock. Any word from a Fenix rep yet?
If the time ever had to come, I think we could trust the group who helped get Fenix going to continue to manage outside of an exchange.... Just takes a couple more sheets on the google doc to keep track of what addresses own how much, and dividends can be sent out (manualy) to those listed. Would be nice to pair down those with very few shares to keep the number of transactions down....

I don't think its the right time to panic and distribute the investment fund as a dividend, it would be better put to use buying more hardware. Good thing we didn't get the asic's hosted in the USA.
@nameface: could you please distribute the 50 BTC planned for future investments as final dividend?
Activity: 125
Any/All Americans invested might want to get a plan together, checkout the press release on Bitfunder (or read any one of the threads here)
Don't panic and sell, a transfer might be your best bet.
I'm an outsider that will be going through with verification and could manage some additional shares if people wanted.
As an American this has limited my options. Being someone that's stuck it through since Bakewell I promised myself I wouldn't sell as it almost holds sentimental value for me. Would be interested in possibly a transfer to the new btct.co or just privately traded.
Curious to see what you guys decide on doing.
Any/All Americans invested might want to get a plan together, checkout the press release on Bitfunder (or read any one of the threads here)
Don't panic and sell, a transfer might be your best bet.
I'm an outsider that will be going through with verification and could manage some additional shares if people wanted.
Activity: 179
Things seem very very quiet here lately....
Activity: 39
Indeed where is the div?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Any Divs this week  Huh
Activity: 4
Hi All,

Does anyone know if FenixPR is on vacation or something ?

I've sent a message there 6 days ago and had no reply yet.

regards,
                          Daeiro
2 monthy ago we could have sold the avalons for > 200 BTC. Now Fenix is as bust as Bakewell.
We took a vote on how we should proceed upon receiving the units. IIRC only 1 person voted to sell the units.
> 200 BTC is a very optimistic figure for a sale price, it might have been only ~125 BTC. We have mined > 91 BTC with our units so far.
I wonder what kind of hardware a company with 2.5 BTC dividend and a market cap of less then 50 BTC can buy.
2 monthy ago we could have sold the avalons for > 200 BTC. Now Fenix is as bust as Bakewell.

I think I worked it out to be around, having to double hashing speed every 10 months or so (I think it was more than this, but rounding it down a little), so we need to be sure that we have enough saved in "the last period" to get the newer gen hardware as it comes out, skipping a gen between orders perhaps.
I'm hoping to propose we invest in a particular deal I'm involved in that would get us in on a large group buy. These will be managed through a new hosting facility for asics that will offer cutting edge features. Details are coming soon. There are no guarantees the deal will go through, but I'm sure we'll find good options on an ongoing basis regardless.

Activity: 19
Hi All,

I have some Bakewell shares that I would like to convert to Fenix shares.

Can I just transfer them to fenix on Bitfunder ?

regards,
                           Daeiro

Hi Daeiro,

PM sent to you.   Wink

Enjoy,   

FenixPR
Activity: 4
Hi All,

I have some Bakewell shares that I would like to convert to Fenix shares.

Can I just transfer them to fenix on Bitfunder ?

regards,
                           Daeiro
I think I worked it out to be around, having to double hashing speed every 10 months or so (I think it was more than this, but rounding it down a little), so we need to be sure that we have enough saved in "the last period" to get the newer gen hardware as it comes out, skipping a gen between orders perhaps.
I'm hoping to propose we invest in a particular deal I'm involved in that would get us in on a large group buy. These will be managed through a new hosting facility for asics that will offer cutting edge features. Details are coming soon. There are no guarantees the deal will go through, but I'm sure we'll find good options on an ongoing basis regardless.
Activity: 179
Our most recent motion was passed unanimously!

To clarify the changes:

60% of FENIX revenues now go directly into our Reinvestment Growth Fund
40% Are paid out in the form of a weekly coupon on Thursdays

Catching up on old posts.....

I agree with the above btw, so I'm glad it went through. As I noted in a few PM's, an aggressive growth strategy, in my opinion the only way to stay mining.

Regardless, job well done everyone Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: